It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old little girl, talented international artist - The Prodigy of Color

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0
reply to post by krossfyter

Whatever dude Im simple and what not, I'm stupid and uneducated get off my case already.

Take heart...Some day the opinion of the so called art experts may change and this abstract type art may be considered crap. I will gladly let them spend their time an money admiring this stuff as long as it it keeps them occupied and away from me. Art is all subjective anyway.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

This coming from someone who finds it relevant to post a piece on how Republicans cant appreciate modern art or abstract art because they like to be told what to think?

Your arguments boil down to "if you dont agree with me you are stupid." Which is stupid argumentation. In fact, most of the "supportive" arguments here have that at their core. "You cant see" "You dont know art" "its too wild for your simple minds to understand."

The very simple FACT that the gallery owner who began this "geniuses" career admits he was tricked and would not have acted that way had he known the truth means nothing to you. At least on paper. Human nature is such that at this point, even if some people DID feel a little foolish right now for jumping on the genius bandwagon, they would not admit it in public when they have such deep pools of retreat such as "you just dont understand true art" to escape into.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
abstraction always brings out the REAL in people.

truth is most everything thats created by a human is an abstraction. its always a step removed from the real/actual.

chinese handwriting to a western english writer seems abstract/not easily understood. to the chinese person it is understood. to the chinese person the english language may seem abstract/foreign. interchange sumerian text with chinese handwritting or text from someone from another world. same thing.

why so much hostility towards abstraction?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Please consider this list of child prodigies: (go to the artist section on the page)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

This coming from someone who finds it relevant to post a piece on how Republicans cant appreciate modern art or abstract art because they like to be told what to think?

it was a joke on a joke site. sorry u misuderstood. i found it hilarious and partially correct. of course its an off generalization. thanks for playing though.

Your arguments boil down to "if you dont agree with me you are stupid." Which is stupid argumentation. In fact, most of the "supportive" arguments here have that at their core. "You cant see" "You dont know art" "its too wild for your simple minds to understand."

nope not what im saying at all. misunderstood my point. sorry you feel offended. or seem to be. should i consider the profession of a doctor dumb? why would i do that right? am i a doctor? no. then how can i make that assessment if i dont understand their field? what im arguing against is painting with a broad stroke... that all abstraction is ugly. that is all. its okay to know that you dont know. i dont know about the profession of being a doctor and all its nuts and bolts but that doesnt mean that just because i dont know about it i can make a broad generalization about that profession being one way or another and seem persuasive or credible.

edit on 26-5-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

link   
I hate to be the debie downer but where's the art? I was expecting to see some type of formation or structure or raw emotion from the child but really I'll see is a 3 year old kid splatting paint and having fun which is what any little kid would do if they had a room to themselves access of bottles and bottles of canvas paint and the privilege to let loose, kids do this in school all the time. But to call this kid a prodigy is far from the truth, nothing saying she couldn't become a masterful artist one day but for all we know when she turns 9 years old she gets hooked on Justin Bieber and Kesha and now wants to become a lowlife party junkie.

link   
My beautiful 2 year old is extremely creative as well (she's got an expression like you've never seen while drawing on her arms and legs.) She is already creating about 3 pieces a day using several mediums like paint, crayon, and pencil (these are mostly done on paper.) I can't tell you how excited I am learning how easy it is to raise an artist. Now. When she has mastered the "prodigal face" I will post a short video for you to comment on. I am curious to know if you will discredit my child like you have this one as I will not be selling her work or claiming she is a master of color or crayola or anything like that. More to come...

link   

Originally posted by TETRA.X

Please consider this list of child prodigies: (go to the artist section on the page)

en.wikipedia.org...

done and done. thnx!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Any 4 year old can do abstract,can this 4 year old actualy explain the complexity of her work,no,what its about,no,this bullshizzle.

nice try,why this on ATS

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0

Whatever dude Im simple and what not, I'm stupid and uneducated get off my case already.

Take heart...Some day the opinion of the so called art experts may change and this abstract type art may be considered crap. I will gladly let them spend their time an money admiring this stuff as long as it it keeps them occupied and away from me. Art is all subjective anyway.

this could be crap yes. okay fine. whether it is or isnt is subjective.

but not all abstract art is crap. why does my point seem to be escaping people?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Agreed, dogs playing poker is a genius series, yes there is more than one !!!!!!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
should i consider the profession of a doctor dumb? why would i do that right? am i a doctor? no. then how can i make that assessment if i dont understand their field? what im arguing against is painting with a broad stroke... that all abstraction is ugly. that is all. its okay to know that you dont know. i dont know about the profession of being a doctor and all its nuts and bolts but that doesnt mean that just because i dont know about it i can make a broad generalization about that profession being one way or another and seem persuasive or credible.

Which is why its so telling that you will dance all over the topic rather than get to the heart of the argument. Which, again, is................that the highly regarded professionals who kicked off this childs career admit that they were fooled. And they would not have shown her work if they had all the facts up front.

I dont need to be a professional art critic when I have the confession of THE professional art critic who started the whole mess in the first place saying he was fooled.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have mixed emotions about it, but the color combination are beautiful, and I see imagination in the materials she uses,

MY son was a child prodigy who won awards for his art work, when he graduated he devoted all his time to alcohol,

he is thinking of metal working again, at age 42, one can only hope.
edit on 103131p://bThursday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
this is not actual art, this is a little girl playing around making things "pretty." There is no depth in this at all. She doesn't have a clue what she's doing other than dipping a paint brush and shaking it or making pretty lines of blue and red. Go ahead, somebody ask what her piece means? Is the horsey flying over the rainbow?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

should i consider the profession of a doctor dumb? why would i do that right? am i a doctor? no. then how can i make that assessment if i dont understand their field? what im arguing against is painting with a broad stroke... that all abstraction is ugly. that is all. its okay to know that you dont know. i dont know about the profession of being a doctor and all its nuts and bolts but that doesnt mean that just because i dont know about it i can make a broad generalization about that profession being one way or another and seem persuasive or credible.

Which is why its so telling that you will dance all over the topic rather than get to the heart of the argument. Which, again, is................that the highly regarded professionals who kicked off this childs career admit that they were fooled. And they would not have shown her work if they had all the facts up front.

I dont need to be a professional art critic when I have the confession of THE professional art critic who started the whole mess in the first place saying he was fooled.

im not talking about this childs art anymore. im arguing for abstraction. please understand. whether this childs work is a gimmick or not is immaterial to my point that i have been making. thnx.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by blair56
this is not actual art, this is a little girl playing around making things "pretty." There is no depth in this at all. She doesn't have a clue what she's doing other than dipping a paint brush and shaking it or making pretty lines of blue and red. Go ahead, somebody ask what her piece means? Is the horsey flying over the rainbow?

tell me what is art to you? does it have to have an understood meaning to be art? why?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

but not all abstract art is crap.

That too is a matter of opinion.
Who knows what opinions will reign in the future. Some future society could decide that this abstract form of art is antithetical to a homogenous well ordered culture. It may be classified as dangerous and illegal. Stranger things have happened even in our time. I seem to recall that China restricted movies & books with a time traveling theme.

Or they could just decide that it was crap without being Orwellian.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Opinionated people never accept anothers opinion I accept that others like abstract but I dont I can live with that without digging into a person because they dont share my interests.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

I just made it my screensaver and it made my boss smile when he saw it.

I think there are 16 different painting of Dogs playing poker. Then of course you have the whole Dogs playing pool genre...but don't get me started on that!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

but not all abstract art is crap.

That too is a matter of opinion.
Who knows what opinions will reign in the future. Some future society could decide that this abstract form of art is antithetical to a homogenous well ordered culture. It may be classified as dangerous and illegal. Stranger things have happened even in our time. I seem to recall that China restricted movies & books with a time traveling theme.

Or they could just decide that it was crap without being Orwellian.

true it is a matter of opinion. some of us hold opinions on a higher status on art then some others ... i.e. Matt Gleason, Dave Hicky and Jerry Saltz. All three would tell u that not all abstract art is crap.

whats funny is painted realism is a form of abstraction/step removed.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join