It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old little girl, talented international artist - The Prodigy of Color

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by LadySkadi

Little Aelita makes me want to once again revisit that experimental time when I also splattered paint as much on myself and the floor as the canvas itself. Those were the best times.

Then why don't you?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Intelligent, cute little girl, having fun and messing about with paint - but 'great art' ? - you are kidding yourself if you are fooled by this!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
such nonsense, its just a kid throwing paint everywhere as kids do.
you fell for the calming music and the innocence of her looking like she is alone in quiet contemplation.
inb4 hoards of pretentious 'art lovers' when she paints something that looks like something intentional get back to me.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5senses

reply to post by LadySkadi

Little Aelita makes me want to once again revisit that experimental time when I also splattered paint as much on myself and the floor as the canvas itself. Those were the best times.

Then why don't you?

Because for the past 3 months I've been interested in painting the mandorla and vesica piscis, which are based on a wonderfully spiritual and much used religious symbol, but which also requires exact geometry and careful application of paint within prescribed borders. I've finished two small pieces as practice and am now working on the final large (and hopefully, master) painting which will take a further 6 weeks (approximately).

Then. I might go back to spasm splatter for the joy it brings.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush
such nonsense, its just a kid throwing paint everywhere as kids do.
you fell for the calming music and the innocence of her looking like she is alone in quiet contemplation.
inb4 hoards of pretentious 'art lovers' when she paints something that looks like something intentional get back to me.

her work looks like something intentional. what is the difference? she intends to be free on canvas. could u be fooled by figuration technicians? just because someone makes something that looks like something doesn't make them impressive.
edit on 26-5-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

Come on now abstract art just says "I have zero talent" and the admiration of abstract art says "I'm an idiot becuase I think this crap is a soulful expression of human emotion or earthly beauty" I call it talentless crap

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0

Come on now abstract art just says "I have zero talent" and the admiration of abstract art says "I'm an idiot becuase I think this crap is a soulful expression of human emotion or earthly beauty" I call it talentless crap

Oh really? Care to say that about Mark Bradford or Fabian Marcaccio?
how much do you know about abstract art? What do you know? Have you studied it or done it for a living?

I dare you to say that to Matt Gleason or Jerry Saltz.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

More your style?

source

Bo-o-o-oring.

Give me this on my walls anyday:

source

or even this:

source

What's currently on my wall now?

This (among a dozen others):

Source?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by j3n9ls31dy
reply to post by SLAYER69

youre glad for the parents,

i assume you googled their names and saw their other sexual psycopath film productions?

What film productions?.. Please provide your sources...that is a pretty heavy statement to make without any backup.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
guess i gotta do this again.... lol....

thethingsrepublicanshate.com

Things Republicans Hate. No. 25 Abstract Art

Republicans have a very limited knowledge of modern art. They are aware of a few major works including “That one with the screaming guy”, “The one with the old people holding pitchforks” and “Soup cans”. Republicans usually enjoy paintings of landscapes (Thomas Kinkade) and some sculptures (The Washington Monument, The Lincoln Memorial, The Statue of Liberty). Conservatives are not capable of appreciating Abstract Art. The works of Jackson Pollock and Piet Mondrian will draw the remarks “I could do that. They should pay me a million dollars!” or “My kid could do that, she’s four.” almost 97% of the time. People on the right are fond of people telling them exactly what to think, feel and see (a need that abstract artists do not fulfill). Occasionally, a Republican will enter an art museum (usually as a field trip chaperon). These experiences are usually uncomfortable and confusing for Conservatives. This is caused by the overwhelming liberal population at exhibits and the inability to afford anything in the gift shop. Creators of these “masterpieces” are usually drug-addicts, homosexuals, Europeans and Satanists. Their ‘abilities’ are fueled by hatred for America, Jesus and their fathers. National funding for the arts is primarily through people who do not celebrate Christmas.

and this to while im at it...

" Our reactions to abstraction and or representation also affect how we interpret any work of art. Many people accept Sheeler's artwork even when the abstraction is more pronounced, because the subject is still recongnizable. However, other people react adversely to simple, non objective shapes like those in Albers's paintings. Unfortunately, viewers who value representational artwork because they can easily interpret the subject matter often fail to see the intellectual metaphor and visual effects of the shape relationships; they don't appreciate how form itself may be the subject matter."

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I love you.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Ooooo, I like that!!!! I really, really like it! But I'm not an art critic, so my option is not valid in a thread full of them.

As for the little girl. If she enjoys what she is doing, who cares. It was her parents that decided to turn her into a marketing circus. If no harm is coming to her & people are willing to spend money on her work, I can't see the damage.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Firstly I apologize if I offended you by the way that wasnt my intent. Well I went to school for art but only 3 years so I'm no expert but to me abstract art is tacky ugly try hard garbage. Anyone at all could throw paint around and recreate that in minutes.For instance I live near an "art town" and my brother sells "abstract art" to people when he is around and needs a quick a buck. It takes him on average 15 minutes to make a $200+ P.O.S . During festivals he makes a killing then we sit back and laugh. He gets into costume and plays the part so well its great.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks.

That work began in much the same way as Aelita's work, but I decided to 'work' it a little deeper. It's a mandala expressing the Big Bang.

Fun to do too and NFS.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

I love you.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

As an artist, I'm mildly offended by what you wrote but experienced enough by occasional similar reactions that it rolls off me like rain off a duck's back.

Interested in what YOU think is good art though. Examples?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Firstly I apologize if I offended you by the way that wasnt my intent. Well I went to school for art but only 3 years so I'm no expert but to me abstract art is tacky ugly try hard garbage. Anyone at all could throw paint around and recreate that in minutes.For instance I live near an "art town" and my brother sells "abstract art" to people when he is around and needs a quick a buck. It takes him on average 15 minutes to make a $200+ P.O.S . During festivals he makes a killing then we sit back and laugh. He gets into costume and plays the part so well its great.

no offense... just dialoging here. thnx.
anyone could also learn how to apply a formula learn the formula and paint something figurative. what you are talking about is a gimmick. you know what they say about PT Barnum and his sucker quote. just because you have a certain preference/subjective idea about abstraction doesn't make it objective. you dont know much about abstract art so why should you be persuasive? its like me saying that being a doctor is for dummies and me not being a doctor or have studied it. doesn't sound to persuasive now does it? it just sounds ignorant. again i dare you to say what you are saying to Matt Gleason or Jerry Saltz. Matt would probably not respond considering how ignorant your statements/seem to be but Jerry Saltz would educate you properly. I guarantee you that. now i don't mean to offend you here at all and i appreciate the civil discussion.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

As an artist I can relate. I really enjoy the Renaissance movement to me it's perfection plain and simple butI appreciate artists such as Salvador Dalí, he just makes sense to me I guess. I dont think art has to have some deep complex poetic message to be art. Plus alot of people in the abstract scene are masturbatory(not like that lol) and pompous.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

reply to post by masqua

Plus alot of people in the abstract scene are masturbatory(not like that lol) and pompous.

goes the same way for photo-realistic painters or just artists in general. proud of their technical ability. i admire the humble artists using humble materials that show mastery at their work. to a point the works of salvador dali are sort of an abstraction if you really want to get technical.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

All well and true but for me it boils down to skill and talent, abstract in my eyes provides very little of both but thats just my opinion. I can paint a squiggly line and some shapes and tell you it means anything but does it add to the fact that its just a bunch of squiggly lines with human input thrown in? Take a look at David for instance and shatter him and look at the pieces and you will still see beautiful representations of life, take apart abstract and you get colors and lines. Maybe it's the artficial feeling it gives me I dont know

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join