It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old little girl, talented international artist - The Prodigy of Color

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trower
WOW! this made my day. Thanks OP for sharing. I'm keeping my eye on her. Just think what she will be creating in a few more years...amazing

I really like your response....and to those who are very critical of this talented little girl....shame on you....and many of you come across as jealous...I'm just saying.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The arguments are always vast when 'Art' is involved.

As an Art teacher and professional Artist myself, I can tell you that what constitutes 'Art' is as varied and convoluted as the eyes that view it.

And That's the beauty of it! In Math 2 + 2 = 4. In Art, no two answers are EVER the same.

I'm really happy for this family, they seem to be extremely focused on bringing creativity to the world, which is always a good thing. The child is well adjusted and loves making her work, what more can you ask for? I wish them well and I hope the child is a life long Artist.

HOWEVER, it is untrue, based on the pieces shown here, that this child is a 'prodigy.'

A prodigy is someone whom has proven that they have a mastery of ALL the techniques and processes of painting, or drawing or sculpture or some combination of these three.

For all their vibrancy, they lack the evidence of any fine motor skill, or any technical prowess that would prove this child a 'prodigy.' Picasso was a prodigy. He could paint portraits of his family at the age of 10, and strangers would know who they were. That's mastery. This is merely fun.

I take nothing away from what she has accomplished, or what support she's recieved from her parents, but there is no evidence that the child is advanced for her age in any way.

Better supplies, supportive (and connected) parents, but not advanced. Give anyone in her preschool access to the same materials, and watch the 'Prodigy Parade.'

I blame DeKooning.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think my future daughter just traveled back in time

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhebefree

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by j3n9ls31dy

I hope you are able to redirect your anger and frustrations. . Negativity only breeds separation.

If your anger to waking up has now blinded you to the point that you wish to respond in more negativity, I will wish you Peace and humbly discontinue this conversation. I mean my words in the spirit of uplifting, not ego-battling. Peace to you.

And here is the problem! Dont get angry, dont get upset, for gods sake dont be soooooo negative!!! A few people on this thread have raised some legitimate concerns about a society that would take a four year olds paint splatters as genius, propping up the parents ego, and pay thousands of dollars for it when we have millions of children every week dying of hunger and having bombs blowing them apart..... etc. and you people get all touchy and defensive and accuse the people who are making sense, of being spoilt sports and that its just "a kid having fun with paint"
My child has fun with paint too and its great, but the thought that children just like her are growing up without adequate shelter/food/clean water, the thought that the mining companies and food industry corporates and medical mafia are turning our earth into a wasteland- ON OUR WATCH- while we oh and ahh about ridiculous s*** like this and spend thousands of dollars filling our homes with ridiculous s*** we dont need, like this kids paintings, well it just makes me sick

But of course, Im being too negative, angers a sin, "Ohhhh no someones angry about the asinine world we live in shut him/her up shut him/her up!"
Anger is constructive, people need to be angry, it's hate that is destructive and it is hate that this society is breeding. We need to get angry, then we need to act. It may mean that four year olds wont make thousands of dollars for throwing paint around
, but hey, they'll get over it.

Maybe you don't understand my point or what I am trying to say.
I am not deaf, dumb, blind, nor a sheeple.

Look at my posts or my threads if you believe me to be naive.

I know the Central Banks and Rothschilds have endebted most of the nations of the world, thus enslaving us all.

I know mega-conglomerate corporations have corrupted politicians with money, and even financing their own puppet politicians.

I know the Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin; same party.

I know all wars were orchestrated and financed by the elite.

I know about Tower 7, the USS Liberty, and Operation Northwoods.

I know about the Jesuits, Mossad, MI5, and CIA involvement in drugs, slaves, sex, weapons, revolutions, uprisings, and coups.

I know we are losing Freedoms, losing Liberties, losing Rights, and losing Privacy.

I know we are being poisoned through our food, air, water, and soil.

I know the media is nothing more than a propaganda tool for those that own it to push agendas and steer societal "norms."

I know morality, ethics, and family values and under attack.

I know the middle class is shrinking, the poor class is growing, and the rich are becoming more powerful.

I know genocide, starvation, disease, rape, slavery, and poverty exist but don't have to.

I know modern medicine is a scam; we are over-medicated and not taught REAL NATURAL cures, diets, and lifestyles.

I know the education system has long been engineered to dumb us down.

I know about alpha waves, vaccines, red meat, fluoridation, pesticides, fertilizers, gmos, radio and electromagnetic radiation, and all the other bullcrap going on.

I know about sexploitation and trauma based mind control.

I do not know it all, but I know enough.

Just because I enjoy the end result of this 4 year old child's efforts does not make me naive or a sheep.

I protest
I recycle
I write my elected officials
I talk to anyone I can to wake them up
I write articles and pass them around
I look at all of our problems and try to find constructive solutions
I read, research, and study.

Enjoying Aleita Andre's art does not make me stupid! Would I buy her painting for thousands; no I would not. Would I sell my daughter's art for thousands if someone wanted it so badly; sure I would.

I know many "evils" in our world, but I redirect my anger into solving the problems instead of living life angry all day.

Is it a crime to take a break from the bull crap of the world to enjoy the innocence in Aleita's eyes?

edit on 5/26/11 by Sahabi because: Spacing

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Pssst, the only thing you really needed to say in all that was:

Just because I enjoy the end result of this 4 year old child's efforts does not make me naive or a sheep.

All that stuff about the central banks and mind control etc really took my mind way off the subject at hand. That's just me tho, maybe I'm wrong.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Everyone has their own perception of art, and their own taste, but it just looks like a mess to me.
I'm not knocking her talent or whats she doing, it just looks too chaotic and thrown together.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
i love how abstract art pisses people off and makes them question.

if my toyota needs to be diagnosed for a second opinion because it wont start im going to take it to someone who doesnt work on foreign cars or cars in general. who has never picked up a tool to fix a car in their life. they will be able to give me an educated opinion on what the problem is in my car and be able to fix it. better them than someone who works on cars for a living right or who studys mechanics right? i will remember that. thnx.
edit on 26-5-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Meh, I'm not vehemently defending anything. But I do think once this child finesses her fine motor coordination, she will be quite spectacular if she chooses to stay with it.

Who knows, she may choose another genre. Although Warhol and Picasso veered off into some unusual territory, they were actually both very accomplished artists, in a conventional sense. As Masqua implied earlier, still lifes and conventional art can become too..expected, and boring, I suppose. But that's beside the point.

I also noticed this child looking up at someone while she was painting - a parent, I presume. I thought, "they are telling her what to do". But so what if they were? She was doing it. You can teach a child a song, but she is the one who has to sing it.

Mostly I took it as reading the parent's face for approval, as children do. My nephews would stand on the diving board and scream my name before diving, when they were young children. Had to make sure I saw them, and ready to give my approval. You know how kids are.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

Sorry..but anything I have seen by picasso has not really impressed me much. My sons friend did better portraits at eight in my opinion.

But I am not an art critic,and don't know much about the art world.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

To each their own. After looking up some reviews online for this artist, one review stated she is either a genius or a sneaky joke on the artistic community. Which one it is will be in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

Agreed. I don't have the answer and there really isn't just one answer anyway. Art really is in the eye of the beholder ... and in this girl's case, the time will tell.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to voice their opinions...
They have certainly run the gamut.
edit on 26-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
how can a 4 year old be a talented artist? its impossible for her to have any technical skill or emotional input.
if she's having fun,if people are dumb enough to pay crazy money for it, if her parents are happy to exploit this,
then thats just great!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I have 4 kids...if I put them in a room with a endless supply of paint and canvas they too would be abstract "prodigies". What a joke. My children have accidentally even painted pictures that look like actual objects. So not impressed, but if you don't have kids I could see how easily you would be impressed. Kids can do some cool stuff...but that has more to do with age than talent.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I am happy to see a child full of life and joy, but this is ridiculous.
Before exploiting their child's mildly advanced understanding of color, they should have given time to nurture her ability. As well, calling her a prodigy is absurd, as there is no demonstration of any depth, motor skills, dimension, or anything of the sort. Give any kid expensive materials and a canvas, and inform them to do anything except actually touch the canvas with the brush, I'm sure you would see some similar results.
Shame on the parents, good for her. I hope she grows up to be a fantastic artist. I just hope she doesn't let her premature stardom intercept with actually finding herself as an artist, and a person.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

You are envisioning his later work, which was done after he got bored with pretty much all the styles up to that point. He was a master at the human form, composition, color theory.

And that's how you know he was incredibly talented (ie, a 'prodigy) - he knew all there was to know and made the pictures to prove it.

It is a very Art History oriented argument that can make the case for this child to NOT be a 'prodigy,' unless she fully understands the influences that she is 'working' under.

It's still very early in her development, so the potential is there, but the proof, as they say, is in the pudding.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I don't really see still life as art either. They are meant to be studies, to get to know how light interacts with colors, etc. That is the kind of things you really need to know, before you can go out and create your real art. At least that is how I have always looked at it. Painting a few fruits, I don't see how that is self expression at all, same with random paint splatters.... Some abstract paintings I do like, like that scream one for example. Because it seems like it is trying to express something and tell a story. Those ones that are just a bunch of overlapping shapes, painting color kinds of abstract make me laugh.... What could the artist possibly be trying to express, what possible story can that tell?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits

You are envisioning his later work, which was done after he got bored with pretty much all the styles up to that point. He was a master at the human form, composition, color theory.

And that's how you know he was incredibly talented (ie, a 'prodigy) - he knew all there was to know and made the pictures to prove it.

It is a very Art History oriented argument that can make the case for this child to NOT be a 'prodigy,' unless she fully understands the influences that she is 'working' under.

It's still very early in her development, so the potential is there, but the proof, as they say, is in the pudding.

Thankyou for the information....I really didn't know much about him.. its always nice to be educated on topics you know little about. Was just looking through his stuff online,and it was the later stuff I was referring to..though I have to admit much of the earlier stuff didn't impress me much either.

I much prefer the little girls paintings ,if I were to choose one to hang on my wall.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

And that's what is so special about Art!

Everyone is equal, all input is valid.

You study the Art of any culture, and you can empathise with the people of it.

And what's left when a culture fades away?

Art!

Cheers to you!

What's valid is not in the artist, but what the Art does to its viewers.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
At first I thought the work was just happenstance. But as I watched the video and viewed all of her paintings, I quickly realized that this child has an innate sense of color harmony, rhythm, balance, and spatial perception. She is truly gifted and her work is thought provoking and intriguing. I also appreciate the mood in which her work is created. It is happy and unrestrained. I enjoyed reading this post and it was a bright spot in my day.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join