It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 year old little girl, talented international artist - The Prodigy of Color

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
She has a good sense of color and method, but having been a painter I am concerned she is exposed to these toxic pigments and exposure to skin and mucus membranes at an age when small amounts of these heavy metals, chemicals and huge polymer molecules that the body cannot filter will cause problems sooner than later.

I've seen some studies on how parents provide all the things needed, but push them into some roles unsuitable for their youth. There are many such talented kids. Her development will have some blanks later that if not dealt with that can cause emotional and psychological problems. Especially when they seem to emerge out of the blue when they are maturing and certain biochemistry kicks in during puberty.

Environmental allergies, developmental and learning issues, and emotional states exasperated by neurochemical and biochemical shifts due to poisoning. Lead is no longer an issue but one out of hundreds of other substances is almost negligible.

Here's an article.
Toxic Arts

I an happy to see this little artist working, but seeing her exposure to these toxic substances, is a real concern for me. They better get good medical insurance for her with the sale of her paintings. She needs regular assessments of her blood and emotional health.

I was exposed very early to paints, as a born artist, when lead and other toxics were much worse. A.D.D., Diabetes and other later health issues are not necessarily unrelated. She may have just a little paint on her face and hands that is ingested. No harm then, but in this case if such is happening often or daily, it can become an issue.

The old Greek/Roman term "Death by a thousand cuts." is a standard I keep in mind.

We love her art, but loving her is much more important.

ZG

edit on 5/26/2011 by ZeroGhost because: OCD Issues

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hmm.. ok, not that impressive. My niece does similar when left unattended, I'm not trying to market that however.
edit on 26/5/2011 by diamount because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
the "passion" and "inspiration" of an artist doesn't make the art good. she is not a prodigy.

it is just paint splatter, what else would it be? a little girl getting compliments on the mess she made gave her positive reinforcement. so she kept making more and more creative messes. both her parents are artists, i'm sure they enjoy thinking their daughter is the next big thing when it comes to art. that she is "artistically inspired".

the sad thing is, she could be a very talented artist, but her talent will be ruined because all she has to do is splatter paint around and people will think highly of her.

i think this says it all:

"but her parents’ trained eyes were able to see that there was something breathtakingly unique and powerful about her work that bore no resemblance to common childhood scribbles."

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

Let me ask you Illusions – do you never notice all the smileys? :-)

Its all in the interpretation. If an emoticon follows a dig, I tend to interpret that as manipulative. Not funny. I prefer my digs or insults without a pat on the butt which is intended to make it more difficult to respond in kind wihtout looking like a jerk.. ie "I dont know WHY so and so got so MAD I was just KIDDING they are so MEAN, pity me" (playing teasing, etc)

This sort of argument usually goes just like this – back and forth.

Its not an argument. Its you saying "this is my feeling, and Im right." You arent case building. And it wont go back and forth, because Im not wasting my time on your opinion backed by nothing.

In the end – it’s still going to be a matter of opinion

Actually, I presented most of the hard evidence in this entire thread. Its not all opinion.

nobody wins :-)

It was never about "winning." But Im not surprised you think it is.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Its all in the interpretation. If an emoticon follows a dig, I tend to interpret that as manipulative.

then you see digs where there are none

so it goes

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

then you see digs where there are none

so it goes

Maybe so. Perhaps I just cant see any reason for this comment,

Their biggest mistake was giving her paint :-)

Would you have denied Mozart his piano ?

When it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with anything I have said. If it is a "joke" there is no context for it, and perhaps it needs a little more effort than 6 words and an emoticon. It seems to me you are implying that I want to deny her access to paint (hence the comment about Mozart) in order that she not be allowed to develop any talent or genius she might have.

How is that a "joke?" It looks to me like someone taking an argumentative cheap shot.

You included it as a reply to a specific post I made.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Sorry..
I see nothing special in those doodles.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Both her parents are artists, and while artists may be predisposed to favor the artistic, having artistic parents or being from an artistic family does NOT mean it will be YOUR passion. Passion requires that YOU be able to choose how to direct your energy, and her parents are setting it up so that they are directing her path. She is four.

Their biggest mistake was giving her paint :-)

A comment on how I see it. It was in there (painting) waiting to come out all along – once they gave her the paint – she was off and running – no stopping her. Her parents were not the cause of all this.

I don’t know a better way to explain this – clearly, it's not personal

Would you have denied Mozart his piano ?

you say her parents are setting her path – but they’re just giving her the means to do what she does best

yes – an attempt at humor – but not an insult

as a friend of mine often says – if you have to explain it – it’s not funny

:-)

so...not funny then?

ban·ter
–noun
1. an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.
dictionary.reference.com...

something I forget sometimes – banter doesn’t always work in here

my apologies

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Thinking this girl is doing something special is one of the things wrong with this world. Imagine if we all gave paint to our children and called the mess they made art and tried to sell it. Actually let's do it. Anyway. She is no painter, she is a child wasting paint.

It doesn't even look like art, it's no more art than elephant's painting's. If that is art so is every mess of paint or whatever that any child make's.

Really I suppose if the parents think it is art and they can find some crazy people to buy it, or even if they can't they can call it art, but then so can any other childs mess be art.

Ahah I get it now ! Everthing is art. It must be. Every consequence of human movement that leaves a semi permanent mark or pattern or mess is an artwork.

Yes I will be rich, but who will buy all the art from each other if we make art all day long.

Very strange and troubling if everybody claimed thier child as an artistic prodigy.

Sigh

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Looks like a kid playing with paint to me....

Is this what this website has come to.... please say it isn't so.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
People around here are so "into" conspiracies and plots, they lost something called "sensibility".

What you all trolls of a 4 years old don't realize, is that SHE is doing it.
Not you, not your kid, not even your friends.

Shes actually making art.
Its an expression of her, of colors and shapes she like.

Theres no need for YOU to like her or what she does.

She's wonderful.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Apologies to the sensitive people here, but I have to agree, this child is not a prodigy.

If she happened to pull off a painting like say for example, something akin to ... La Giaconda, or something along the caliber of the Sistine chapel, then yes, she would be a prodigy. But hey, if people want to spend their money on the little girl's art, well it's their choice, but I would never pay more than say 5 dollars for something kindergarteners can do at the closest school to me.

Beauty and art etc.. are in the eye of the beholder, those paintings are not art to this eye.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by krossfyter
thats why he is famous.
anyone can make a mess sure. not anyone can just make a pollock. bad copies... sure.

can u be original and get a critic to take notice?

Can you tell the difference between an authentic Pollock and a fake?

still want to argue with me i see! i dont need to do that. my point still stands. what point are you trying to make? a forgery point? why? it doesnt affect my point at all. u seem to love ignoring my points and trying to argue for argument sake.

if you can't tell the difference between someonone working really hard to pull off a perfect copy of a pollock and someone just slapping paint together then you dont know jack about the work of jackson pollock.
edit on 26-5-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What's so special about her or her paintings??!? I see no exceptional talent here whatsoever. All she's doing is what any other child of her age, spoilt with a dedicated room for painting would do, which is throw paint around.

What a load of NONSENSE.

I've got a big heart and I can make a mess with various colours of paint, where's my fu**in' appreciaton? People who feed into this crap need to punch themeselves in the face. Keep doing that until you reveal blood, then take that blood and smear it all over your stupid face and call it art.
edit on 26-5-2011 by MechanicalSunrise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkgomo653
Amazing!!!! THanks for the post!

Lol!! Are these people mad?? my dog can do the same. where is the art of this??
This is stupid.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
I guess Jackson Pollock has decided to reincarnate.
This is really awesome.

First my disclaimer. I love children. I am a father.

Secondly, has anyone watched her complete a piece from blank slate to finish? Are the parents involved in any way? Color availability?

IMO, all this is here is a scam or fad....like the Pet Rock.

There is NO way a 2 year old child can do this.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MechanicalSunrise
What's so special about her or her paintings??!? I see no exceptional talent here whatsoever. All she's doing is what any other child of her age, spoilt with a dedicated room for painting would do, which is throw paint around.

What a load of NONSENSE.

I've got a big heart and I can make a mess with various colours of paint, where's my fu**in' appreciaton? People who feed into this crap need to punch themeselves in the face. Keep doing that until you reveal blood, then take that blood and smear it all over your stupid face and call it art.
edit on 26-5-2011 by MechanicalSunrise because: (no reason given)

LOL! ad nauseum

edit on 26-5-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dannijca

Originally posted by Pinkgomo653
Amazing!!!! THanks for the post!

Lol!! Are these people mad?? my dog can do the same. where is the art of this??
This is stupid.

lets see ur dog do that.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join