It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very clear video of what appears to be Indian Vimanas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dephyle
reply to post by Dastardly666

Thank you. I agree. If the video is a fake, it's got to be a projection or CGI. I don't see how people can question the clarity of it

You're welcome.

The people who questioning the clarity of this video do not have a clue what they are on about. Or they want you to believe the objects in the video are anything but UFOs.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Oh I dont think the video is fake. Its clearly some kind of light sources slowly falling down.

What its not however, is "Vimanas". That's a camera effect. Digital camcorders and cameras do not handle light very well. Just do a test yourself and point a camera towards, well anything. If I point my phone camera towards my ceiling lamp, I get a 3x3 grid of blurry lights (as in an exact square grid shape) for some reason. That doesnt mean there's 9 UFO's flying around my bedroom in formation.

The camera itself probably use an averaged grid based focus system (such as 9 point auto focus). Point focusing on a light source kilometers away in the middle of the night? Haha... That'd be a feat. In other words, its focusing on the plants swaying in front. That's why the footage look sharp. Thus it cannot focus on the light sources and they become... *drumroll*... out of focus!
edit on 25-5-2011 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

reply to post by downunderET

Well, that is very interesting! I had no idea when I posted this that someone that actually knows the woman would reply! Is the original video of similar quality, or is it better? Perhaps if we had something more than my youtube embed people would feel less inclined to believe it's a flare

I saw the video played on her laptop, so the clarity is about the same.

The ironic part about this video is that the really close up shots of the craft ARE IDENTICLE to the UTube of the Japanese tourist filming over the grand caynon.

The shape is the same and i know a lot of people say that the Japanese tourist video is a fake, well now they may want to retract that comment.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

If they were out of focus, there would not be clear edges. Cell phones and other low quality cameras, you would be completely correct in your assessment, but, this appears to be a high quality camera with no distortions of whatever the lights may be. I can't say much on your belief that they seem to be falling as a flare would, since she's zooming in and out throughout the video, with her hand not steady enough to tell whether they are on not for sure.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure what you are seeing is this:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Very interesting. do you have a link to the Japanese video? I'm afraid "Japanese UFO video" brings about too many results for me too find it

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Your wiki link furthers my point that it doesn't appear to be a distortion. The images in the video are far too clear. Bokeh would not produce clear outlines.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dephylethis appears to be a high quality camera with no distortions of whatever the lights may be.

Sigh... I'm trying to say that the lights as seen *is* the distortions.

But fine, I give up trying to explain the very simple concept of focus in laymans terms. I'm sure someone skilled in photography can go more into detail on it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I film these type of things almost every July 4th when I'm trying to take videos of our family's fireworks displays. The digital camera has a hard time focusing on points of light when it is somewhat dark out and it always comes out looking diamond shaped. I suppose I could post my videos and claim that they are UFO's or whatever, but I know first hand that they are just out of focus artifacts created by filming digital videos in low light.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Very interesting. do you have a link to the Japanese video? I'm afraid "Japanese UFO video" brings about too many results for me too find it

Dont know how to inbed a link, just go to UTube and punch in "Grand caynon UFO, it runs about 2:36 from memory

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I think its this one.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Maybe if you post a video where the distortion has clear lines and shapes, that'd be enough to debunk?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

reply to post by redtic

Your wiki link furthers my point that it doesn't appear to be a distortion. The images in the video are far too clear. Bokeh would not produce clear outlines.

Not true. This video doesn't perhaps have as sharp of edges as yours, but it explains the phenomenon pretty well...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Again, you further my belief that this video is different from other "UFO" videos. The clear lines and sharp edges are EVERYTHING. This isn't a simple matter of blurry lights in the sky, if it were, I would never have spent the time on posting this thread, let alone the time I've spent monitoring it for potential ideas of what it is. You video is relevant to 99.9% of UFO videos, but, this one is in the .1%.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

compleatist.blogspot.com...

I sharpened and adjusted the contrast on a capture from the video and posted a reference illustration as well for comparison/

edit on 5/25/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: formatting

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
These are diamond-shape effect created by focus-defocus that copy the internal shutter mechanism of the camera, full explanations here:

edit on 25-5-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

reply to post by tallcool1

Maybe if you post a video where the distortion has clear lines and shapes, that'd be enough to debunk?

Debunk? Are you serious? You are honestly claiming that this is a legitimate video of Indian Vimanas?

Look at the video you posted in the OP. At 27 seconds into the video you can literally see the lights that are being filmed go out of focus.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I always find it cute that the vague points of lights in the sky always take the identical form of the camera's internal aperture.

Puh-lease...

If these are spaceships from Indian mythology, I am an authentic reptilian.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
These are diamond-shape effect created by focus-defocus that copy the internal shutter mechanism of the camera, full explanations here:

edit on 25-5-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

Was just about to post this video - thanks. OP - check out 1:13 - look familiar? Many video cameras have these diamond shaped apertures...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

FINALLY. There, was that so hard? Why was it so hard for everyone else to show I was wrong and why? Thank you, elevenaugust.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join