It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente Trend Alert:: Arab Spring + European Summer = World Winter of Discontent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
For those who aren't familiar, this is a newsletter sent out via email to TRI subscribers from Gerald Celente, founder of the Trends Research Institute. Therefore, there is no link I can provide, just these screen captures... And the site link, TrendsResearchInstitute.com...

edit on 25-5-2011 by rstregooski because: mis-spell

edit on 25-5-2011 by rstregooski because: title

edit on 25-5-2011 by rstregooski because: link

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Will be interesting to see how this plays out...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I was in a Taxi in London today, travelling east to west and it occurred to me that there will never be a revolution in the UK. There may be civil unrest but a wholesale revolution will not happen. Looking at the historical buildings of london along with the new buildings, I realised that we have come too far as a country for it all to be thrown into the chaos of revolution. Millions of people in a cosmopolitan city, working and living together in relative harmony, of course there are social problems, but nothing compared to the chaos that would be caused by an over throw of the government.

I dont see any appetite for revolution in this country. I certainly dont want one

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Surprisingly tho we are very capable of rebelling.. the last time the South East went into open rebellion was in the 1830s.. BUT.. history shows the elite here do compromise when they get tugged hard enough from those below.. and that has generally been enough to stave off all out rebellion.

So IMHO problems will only go from bad to worse to dreadful when they refuse to listen to the tug which I feel is coming..
edit on 25/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hey Mr Celente ... I'm still waiting for my food riots and crime waves! And speaking of which, where's that Mad Max car I was promised?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Hey Mr Celente ... I'm still waiting for my food riots and crime waves! And speaking of which, where's that Mad Max car I was promised?

The crime wave hit a high on wall street ages ago.

What about people queuing for food stamps in the US??? That not enough for you???

What about the soon to be put in place forced labour scheme in the UK, i.e. sweeping roads and doing other jobs that have been cut, in order to receive a benefit pittance.... rather than having real jobs with real wages.... that not bad enough for you???

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I thought it made for interesting reading myself. This particular newsletter at least, doesn't sound like sensationalism or fear mongering or anything of the kind. I agree, that conditions will worsen, there is absolutely no way the people are going to sit back and get raped by austerity measures. And as conditions deteriorate, there will be a commensurate backlash and authorities may well need to intensify their crackdown on protests, or introduce draconian laws to make such protesting illegal and label protesters in a criminal manner and so on. I agree will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

the riots and revolutions across Africa and the Middle East dont count?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

What a worthless piece of crap of an article by Gerald. He spends paragraph after paragraph doing nothing but berating the mass media and telling you what wasn't important. I'm not sure what point he's trying to make other than, the mass media sucks, which, I already knew, which leaves me at, what's this article about?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I was in a Taxi in London today, travelling east to west and it occurred to me that there will never be a revolution in the UK. There may be civil unrest but a wholesale revolution will not happen. Looking at the historical buildings of london along with the new buildings, I realised that we have come too far as a country for it all to be thrown into the chaos of revolution. Millions of people in a cosmopolitan city, working and living together in relative harmony, of course there are social problems, but nothing compared to the chaos that would be caused by an over throw of the government.

I dont see any appetite for revolution in this country. I certainly dont want one

I wonder whether the Iraqis feel the same - as they live with the horrendous aftermath of constant bombardment by DU, as they see daily the destruction wrought by US and UK, as they suffer the fact that their country is run by foreigners, or how the Palestinians feel about UK which supports the country which is committing genocide against them, or the LIbyans on whom we have declared war, slyly and dishonestly.

Or perhaps those UK citizens who know that taxation is in fact illegal, that there is no need for anyone to live with less than abundance, that the Judicial System is a huge con to control the slaves, that your body, soul and all your possessions are actually the property of the Vatican.

No, none of these things matter as long as you are alright? Right? Your name isn't Jack by any chance is it?
edit on 26-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Surprisingly tho we are very capable of rebelling.. the last time the South East went into open rebellion was in the 1830s.. BUT.. history shows the elite here do compromise when they get tugged hard enough from those below.. and that has generally been enough to stave off all out rebellion.

So IMHO problems will only go from bad to worse to dreadful when they refuse to listen to the tug which I feel is coming..
edit on 25/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

Yes, it's coming and no - this time they won't listen. But in any case, this time it's not a question of conceding a few crumbs to keep the slaves happy. Slavery has to end and the system has to be completely changed.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Originally posted by SirMike

The crime wave hit a high on wall street ages ago.

What about people queuing for food stamps in the US??? That not enough for you???

What about the soon to be put in place forced labour scheme in the UK, i.e. sweeping roads and doing other jobs that have been cut, in order to receive a benefit pittance.... rather than having real jobs with real wages.... that not bad enough for you???

Celente specifically referred to a blue collar crime wave to sweep the streets of America along with all those food riots ... so no that’s not enough for me.

I think its super swell that the UK will start forcing people to work for their welfare. If you don’t like it get off the dole … start your own business … become an entrepreneur …. be you own f-ing man for God’s sake. Stop waiting for other people to make your life better and get out there and DO IT!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Danish
reply to post by rstregooski

What a worthless piece of crap of an article by Gerald. He spends paragraph after paragraph doing nothing but berating the mass media and telling you what wasn't important. I'm not sure what point he's trying to make other than, the mass media sucks, which, I already knew, which leaves me at, what's this article about?

Angry danish indeed.. It's everything after the "page 12 boondocks" reference..

new topics

top topics

join