It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Accept "Oil Wars" To Keep Our Standard Of Living?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSer's.

Today I want to touch on a thought thats been bugging me for a while, Should We Accept "oil wars" To Keep Our Standard Of Living?. It seems as oil reserves around the world dry up wars (or the more suitably named "oil wars") are going to increase.

They tell us these "oil wars" are fought in the name of freedom and democracy but we all know the true reason behind these invasions;

More speculation has been raised on the reasons for NATO's intervention in Libya. As RT's Laura Emmett reports, the organisation may have been trying to prevent Gaddafi from burying the American buck.

The real reason bush went to war.

There were only two credible reasons for invading Iraq: control over oil and preservation of the dollar as the world's reserve currency. Yet the government has kept silent on these factors, instead treating us to the intriguing distractions of the Hutton and Butler reports.

Now that we know the truth we have to ask ourselves a question, should we accept these wars, perhaps even condone. If Gaddafi or Saddam went ahead with their plans there would have been a large chance that our standard of living would have taken a dramatic-turn-for-the-worst.

To be honest (for all its faults) we have it pretty good here in our western countries. We have the abililty to be educated, to gain riches, to provide for our families etc...etc. So I ask again; Should We Accept "Oil Wars" To Keep Our Standard Of Living?.

So what are you thoughts on this matter?

Please, lets discuss.

ALS
edit on 25-5-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
We should not be selfish and what is best for all.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Remember the movie Daybreakers ? I don't know if you saw it but go see it. Replace the "Blood" with "Oil", and you have a group of bat-$hit insane people. All I have to say is, run cause it's gonna get ugly. These days it's cash, a$$ or grass; ain't nothing coming for free.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

How do you think? Will be new Libya give the bill for the help they received? All this missiles are very expensive. Will they have to pay for getting bombed?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

The price of bombs is nothing in comparision to how much we can and will make from Libya's oil reserves.

ALS

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I have seen it, and you are right.

ALS

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Blood shouldn't spill
For oil to be drilled
Sadly it will
So sadly it kills.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
"Should we." lol. If you use plastic, travel on anything more advanced than donkeyback, or eat food grown with fertilizer (ie, well over 95% of humanity), then you have been accepting the situation every day of your life simply by walking around alive. Your every moment is an implicit cry of "yes, yes I accept," no matter how pious the sentiments your mind or mouth outputs

My point is not to belittle the OP or make light of the question, but to remind everybody how deep and close the issue cuts, and how truly difficult any finger-pointing actually is.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
"Should we." lol. If you use plastic, travel on anything more advanced than donkeyback, or eat food grown with fertilizer (ie, well over 95% of humanity), then you have been accepting the situation every day of your life simply by walking around alive. Your every moment is an implicit cry of "yes, yes I accept," no matter how pious the sentiments your mind or mouth outputs

My point is not to belittle the OP or make light of the question, but to remind everybody how deep and close the issue cuts, and how truly difficult any finger-pointing actually is.

That is actually a highly important point.

Star for you, my good sir.

ALS

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Should We Accept "Oil Wars" To Keep Our Standard Of Living?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

simply NO !!!

take the friggin oil syringe out of
your friggin vein. There are other
means of power without it.

BY GOD .... USE IT !!!

tell the Sheiks, to kiss ur @r$e

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think the PTB want to keep these oil revenues from any religious fanatics, knowing they would use the money to fight against us. So they are protecting us, but they will never tell us. No, most of us are going with the official story and only a minority know these wars are for oil. Try telling people that the spreading of democracy by gunpoint is just an excuse and they will laugh at you. In fact they will even say you support terrorism.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I for one am adamantly against oil wars. For that matter, I'm against all wars. I think the time has passed for mankind's land ownership disagreements, otherwise known as border disputes to be a thing of the past.

Oil Shale in western Colorado was not profitable at below $60.00 per barrel. Now that oil is above $60.00 per barrel, why has production not resumed in the Oil Shale industry? Also, what new technology other than Fracking has come about for the oil industry?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
this makes lots and lots of sense.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I've got another question for you, why are we still driving SUVs and other fossil fuel guzzling cars when WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY to have every car coming off the lot be fossil fuel free in five years?

Let us all have a moment of silence for the electric car.

Who Killed the Electric Car?

The only reason we have the Leaf and other cars like it is because the government currently has all the car companies by the balls... and Japan is making a mint off them.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

We don't have much choice. We might all us less gas and travel less and have the tires inflated just right even use energy efficient everything and there will still be wars. I don't even think it will matter if we cut back but if everyone else did I would make a greater effort. Already do the above. If employees work 4 10 hours days instead of 5 8 hour days this saves an awful lot of gas too. Most workers like that idea anyway and for some companies it is a better schedule and doesn't interrupt service or production in any way.

But that won't stop war either.

Accepting violence as any kind of a solution is the cause of war.

When you do this you stop looking for other solutions
And the violence is returned in kind and we repeat the whole thing in a never ending cycle.

Ironic that all this is for peace.

We need to learn peace before we can practice it.

Before we can start thinking about stopping wars
we need to teach conflict resolution to children.

All children.

Have zero tolerance for violence, cruelty and oppression.
Don't let them see someone larger hitting someone smaller and taking from them.
Not anywhere..
Not in domestic arguments or on television.
Treat violence like alcohol - keep it away from children.

20 years or so.... War would just go away.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Not good

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Modern capitalism and the demand for exponential growth
is the main reason we have to fight for Oil and other resources.

new topics

top topics

join