It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Camping The False Prophet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
An 80 million dollar business giving false prophecies.

Nice work if you can get it.

thestir.cafemom.com...

Doomsday "prophet" Harold Camping, founder of the Family Radio Network, is under fire today for his big, hilariously false prediction that today, May 21 would be the end of the world. Some people are annoyed, while others are chuckling about the prophecy. But a handful are outraged, and I don't blame 'em. They realize some innocent people were taken for a ride by a man who is now $80 million dollars richer, thanks to his apocalypse message.

money.cnn.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

It's a shame that he did this, again. He's very knowledgeable preacher, just a POS as a human.

We've been warned already...

Matthew 24:5 "For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many."

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Hopefully, a few of them have learned a lesson from this.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I predict this thread will be toast soon....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
in all fairness... Mr Camping... pastor Camping...(or whatever) is not much different than
a typical broker

each discipline researches trends and historic charts, they both work from basic frameworks...
Its all the personal interpetation of the data that leads a money manager off the track...
just like Camping fornlated an opinion and 'seen' only that which agreed with his interpetation

Camping called a climax event on 21 May '11
I've heard many forecasts/ predictions that Gold is destined for $2000 before 2011 ends

Same processes at work... everyone's fallible

just remember the Jim & Tamy Fae Bakkers

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

You might want to change your header to "Harold" instead of "Howard". And I still think there is more to this than "Pastor Camping". Either way, I have little sympathy for anyone who gets rich playing off the fears of other people.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
My neighbor just told me he has already changed his tune and now its Oct 21?

www.washingtonpost.com... /24/AFVsMhAH_story.html

Radio evangelist Harold Camping said in a special broadcast Monday night on his radio program Open Forum that his predicted May 21, 2011 Rapture was “an invisible judgment day“ that he has come to understand as a spiritual, rather than physical event.

“It wont be spiritual on October 21st,” Camping said, adding, “the world is going to be destroyed all together, but it will be very quick.”

Camping had previously pointed to October 21 as the last day on earth for all humanity.

Saturday was the invisible judgment day.

edit on 25-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join