It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bunker-watch 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Dinosaurs did, and cockroaches.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

dot5.drawar.com...

Ok, so things didnt turn out too good for the dinosaurs, but they were a lot bigger than us. We on the other hand are a lot bigger than cockroaches, but that doesnt mean that we would not survive.
Thats the great thing about human beings, on the one hand we are not so big that we could not hide, but on the other hand not so small that we could fall down cracks and get trodden on.
I for one am optimistic.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

At least somebody understands me!
My Brotha!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

If it all happens the way that video emulates. I think at least it will be merciful. Not even enough time for sensory
perception to register any pain at all. Now that isn't defeatest in anyway. It's simply looking on the brightside.

Lordy the British are masters of comedy.

edit on 25-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Even though this comet doesn't exist, I'll play along and say that if something of that size did hit us directly that most of us would not survive the impact.. of those that did, most would die off afterwords.. power would be knocked out, you'd have nuclear plants melting down.. you'd have chemicals thrown in the air from all of our manufacturing plants world wide .. not to mention under ground toxic storage facilities that might be breached as a result.. consider all the various chain reactions from something like that.. if Japan is this rocked from an earthquake causing it's reactors to run out of control.. imagine that on a MUCH larger scale..

Those that did survive would find the surface mostly uninhabitable.. animals dying off, plants dying off because the sun would be blotted out for a LONG time.. the air would be unbreathable and toxic for a LONG time.. their bunkers risk damage from earthquakes and shifts in the earth crust.. this would quite literally be an extinction event for most species

I'm not sure I'd want to survive this event if we're ever faced with it.. but again, I stress.. this comet doesn't exist.. but one just like it, or worse.. may

edit on 25-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If you ask me .. a great place to build a bunker would be under water, not under ground.. under water built on a foundation that is good at absorbing shock... at least then you wouldn't be surrounded by rock that could destroyed in a massive shockwave from the impact rippling through the ground around you .. sure you'd have to cope with the water pressure and the extreme currents this would exhibit, but seems it would stand a better chance

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
If an asteroid does hit earth. Then wouldnt it also cause earth quakes? So being in a bunker may not be the best idea. You may end up squashed flat under ground. If the plates move or buckle under all the stress. climb on the roof? Yes an wave your fist at god for sending it.

The Archangel Michael has sent his bowling ball and we are one of the pins. For proof, look to an unannounced partial eclipse on Sept. 25,26, and 27th. The sky object will pass between the earth and sun. You'll know it's there, the whole earth will. Global panic. Word.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
where are your sauces please?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by goos3

Realisticly speaking, with estimates of the size of this roguester being up to five times the size of Jupiter ?
How else does one approach a thread of this exuberent content ?

OP
Sorry OP but it really doesn't matter if you're the soul surviver of armeggedon. You won't be surviving something that our impacting it. Will be akin to a bug slamming into the windshield of a car.
edit on 25-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OoohLaDeDa
where are your sauces please?

Usually Pace Picante (hot). But recently have found Rotel with habaneros (shocking hot) of course with as much vodka as needed.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OoohLaDeDa

You survived two world wars?
You're on internet?
You're planning to build a bunker?

I say, don't worry about any comet, you're indestructible!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsosunny

You survived two world wars?
You're on internet?
You're planning to build a bunker?

I say, don't worry about any comet, you're indestructible!!

I said, I didnt survive two world wars, I think you need to learn reading comprehension my friend.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
just ask the dinosaurs how to survive a comet impact.

really unless your a multimillionaire or a congressman the chances of survival are slim to none for the majority of people,

unless you stocked up on decades of food and water and have people to fight off those people who do survive

your still a dead duck.

a planetary collision is a planet killer if we ever do get hit it aint gonna be easy.

us little people are doomed i tell you DOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMED.

may god,allah or whatever deity have mercy on your souls.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

d*mn you're old! what are you drinking? come on, pass the secret, maybe it can help survive the coming catastrophe!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
why am I old?
Are you high or something?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join