It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive leaks increasing at U.S. nuclear plants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Living in a state with not one but two nuclear power plants (one of which is the oldest in the nation) I found the following investigative report from a local newspaper very alarming. According to the report, since the 70’s there has been MILLIONS of gallons of radioactive water leaked from our nations power plants.

“Millions of gallons of radioactive water have leaked from nuclear power plants throughout the U.S. since the 1970s, threatening water supplies in New Jersey and other states, an Asbury Park Press investigation found.” Quote

If that’s not troubling enough, the NRC is saying it’s not cause for concern and plant operators aren’t even fined!

"A leak in and of itself is generally not considered a violation,'' an NRC spokesman, Neil A. Sheehan, said in an email last week. Quote

www.app.com...

The lack of oversight and withholding the publics right to know is again on the bottom of the list.

edit on 25-5-2011 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What an idiot the author sounded like. Did he just let anti-nuke activists write the article for him? Based on the sources he cited I think the answer to that question is a big fat YES! By the time these minor tritium leaks enter any watershed they have been diluted by a factor of a million or more.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, that explains the show jersey shore

In all seriousness, we really need to get away from nuclear power. Really, what will it take (rhetorical)

These plants aren't getting any younger, it's only a matter of time

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

Everyone forgets. Henry Kessinger stated that the number one policy of the US should be to depopulate third world nations. They are turning the entire planet into a 3rd world nation. Must be to give them a good excuse to depopulate it. Seriously do any of youy think the power that be want us to do anything except give them all of our money and possessions then go away and die?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
Well, that explains the show jersey shore

In all seriousness, we really need to get away from nuclear power. Really, what will it take (rhetorical)

These plants aren't getting any younger, it's only a matter of time

Yeah, I knew there would be a NJ dig (insert laugh).

I guess all we can do is hope for the best. Wouldn't be so bad if you could believe that the organizations set up to monitor things are doing what they're set up to do and have the consumers best interest in mind.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

Everyone forgets. Henry Kessinger stated that the number one policy of the US should be to depopulate third world nations. They are turning the entire planet into a 3rd world nation. Must be to give them a good excuse to depopulate it. Seriously do any of youy think the power that be want us to do anything except give them all of our money and possessions then go away and die?

Sometimes it does feel like a diabolical hidden agenda is being played out, but in my gut I feel its just plain greed.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I didn't put the plans on the table. I didn't put the words in his mouth. I didn't but their agenda into action. But apparently they have.

new topics

top topics

join