It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornadoes and the Housing Market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What would the destruction of many, many homes do to a housing market in the crapper? Would it be a good thing or bad thing? Someones gotta rebuild those homes, right?

Side Question: If the destruction of buildings is a good thing for an economy, might these recent tornado outbreaks be caused by weather modification?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's going to depend on how much the Insurance company's spend before they run out of money.
Or CLAIM to run out of money.

www.emergencymgmt.com...
This article States we're already at record levels of payouts.
Most of these people work near where they live.. They can't just go move to a vacant house in another City with the insurance dough.

Maybe they can?

Rates are going up regardless of how much is payed out. But..It's not like the Insurance Company's have a TON of loose coin laying around. They invest it.
In Companies like Goldman Sachs. Sooooooo We'll see.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You might as well say the homeowners did it so they could get out of their behind morgages

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Your assuming the houses/business will be rebuilt with insurance money? If the economy of the area was already hurting, it could kill the place. People may decide to move, may not rebuild at all. May not have insurance. It all depends. Look at Katrina, hell of a wallop. Lots of damage for multiple states. New Orleans is still a mess and that was before the economy tanked...

Variable

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
Your assuming the houses/business will be rebuilt with insurance money? If the economy of the area was already hurting, it could kill the place. People may decide to move, may not rebuild at all. May not have insurance. It all depends. Look at Katrina, hell of a wallop. Lots of damage for multiple states. New Orleans is still a mess and that was before the economy tanked...

Variable

Yes, yes this is true. I'm purely speculating here. But if enough is destroyed, wouldn't that create jobs in the long run, like starting over from scratch?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is very very bad for the housing industry right now at a time when even home repair supplies are at an all time high.

This is going to drive up the price of everything even remotely related to building supplies.

It is a bad time for the US to be sure.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

This is the most important post in the thread and a far better question to ask in relation to the OP.

This is why Obama was stating over and over how it will be the American people who will be rebuilding Joplin for example.

We can no longer rely on FEMA or other governmental agencies to rebuild after any catastrophic event in this country.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Valid points by all..

First: they had to HAVE insurance.

Second: Will insurance Company's pay replacement value?

Third: If behind on loans..banks have a backup insurance in place, if the home is in foreclosure for property replacement value. THAT could become real dicey..

Just a bad situation all around.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

I thought about the same thing but it really made no sense so I changed my mind. I completely believe what is happening is deliberate. I am so angry at all this death and destruction on the American people that has been going on for several montghs now I can't even describe it. That being there probably isn't a single reason but several factors involved. When you are dealing with paranoid maniacsw that is in charge of some of the government programs and project it doesn't have to make sense. Crazy people are just crazy.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Perhaps they are an attack by another nation, after all, this is where a lot of our food comes from.

new topics

top topics

join