It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: We're working on gun control "under the radar"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

White House: We're working on gun control "under the radar"

www.greeleygazette.com

Plans include enacting restrictions via executive order, bypassing Congress. Jim and Sarah Brady visited Capital Hill on March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan; to push for a ban on "large magazines." The couple reportedly were meeting with press secretary, Jay Carney, when, according to Sarah Brady, the President came in. She said the President told her he wanted to talk about gun control and "fill us in that it was very much
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I know that there has been little movement on the gun control debate and legislation since Obama was elected, but lack of action doesn’t always indicate lack of desire or intent. One of the first moves of the administration back in 2009 was the suspension of sales of used military brass to ammunition remanufacturers.

This one went over like the proverbial pregnant high jumper thanks in no small part to some high ranking Democrats like Max Baucus and John Tester who quashed it almost as soon as it became public:

After learning that certain military installations were selling the spent casing directly to private companies rather than making them available on the open market, civilians, Baucus and Tester sent a letter to the military to demand that they continue to make spent casings available for American gun owners.

This issue could prove to be another hit to the administrations credibility and popularity so its natural that they would want to keep any proposed back door tightening of gun laws below the radar.

www.greeleygazette.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-5-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Topic was already posted. But good to see that another source is reporting it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
And they're not gonna get it.... under the radar, or over the radar.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

We had brass hunters over at China Lake and El Toro down in S Calif.

both of those are live fire ranges... prob was those folks would sneak in. grab what they could and run off... the fear was one of them would pick up a live round... Heck when I was there I nearly stepped on an old 40mm shell live and unfired... someone had dropped it and there it lay...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

The proposed ban on brass was limited to small arms brass. I believe the bigger stuff gets sold as scrap and turned into keys. I never could understand why anyone would step foot on a live fire range, the amount of unexploded ordnance is crazy.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Because stupidity knows no bounds.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

By the way the Obama hasn't been entirely under the radar
go check out this old thread of my from a few weeks back
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
I never could understand why anyone would step foot on a live fire range, the amount of unexploded ordnance is crazy.
I don't know much about unexploded ordnance, can stepping on it set it off or something? I know land mines work that way but I figure if the ordnance didn't explode there must be a reason.

On topic, California has already restricted magazine size, you can't even own a standard Glock pistol there. The standard Glock comes with more than 10 rounds and you have to replace the magazine with one the same size but modified to NOT hold more than 10 rounds. I think it's crazy and I'd hate to see this insanity spread to the rest of the country. The standard magazine isn't huge, I forget how many rounds it holds but I think it's still less than 20, it's just whatever fits inside the standard magazine inside the grip. This guy's Glock apparently holds 13 rounds:

www.thehighroad.org...

Sop 10 rounds is OK but 13 isn't? What a ridiculous law!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

I got some serious gun control. I can hit the head of the target every single time all the way at the end of the lane at the indoor range, WITHOUT my glasses.

They would LOVE to suspend or do away with the Constitution so they can disarm us like the rest of the labor force, errr........I think we used to call them "people" before the corporate takeover. Because they know their little sneaky methods will always eventually fail. Its the one issue the people actually have lobbyists for.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I don't know much about unexploded ordnance, can stepping on it set it off or something? I know land mines work that way but I figure if the ordnance didn't explode there must be a reason.

since I used the example of a 40mm (Yes a 40 mil grenade) let me point this golden bee-bee is not something you'd want to go hitting with a hammer. it's not suppose to arm until after it's fired, not supposed to be ready to go boom until after it's spun in the air 40 times... it's not supposed to be left lying on the ground either...

And... there are a love of gravestones that read, "It wasn't supposed to be..."

When in doubt leave it alone, make it and call EOD... that's the rule...

Brass hunters do not see or understand the danger, just the price per pound melted down or whatever a dealer at a surplus store will pay

new topics

top topics

join