It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The simplification of all issues into partisan name-calling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ever notice how EASY it is for ATS threads on just about ANY topic to get derailed into partisan bickering?

I've been noticing a myriad issues over the past year or so (and probably much longer) that get buried in a heap of partisan sniping. Complex, multi-faceted issues that go far, far deeper than the POTUS, or one party get blamed on Obama, for example. It was the same under Bush. I wish there was some kind of 'off-topic partisan' star system, so people could flag the posts they think are intentionally attempting to derail a complex discussion about 'tptb' with 'how's that hope and change workin' out for ya'? or some other totally unrelated simplification meant to derail.

So can we agree the problem goes FAR

FAR

deeper than any one party or person and that claiming otherwise is just a distractions?

edit on 25-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I often times jump on people who are defending Obama. But I do the same for people who defend Bush. I thought people here on ATS were smart enough to know that both sides are equally as guilty, but that doesn't seem to be the case. One person comes to mind specifically, who is constantly singing the praise of Obama. I can't stand it. But I'm not partisan, both parties are corrupt and criminal. So I'll jump on anyone who defends either side.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The left/right debate has been perfectly calibrated for American attention deficiency. In reality, no mainstream politician is interested in solving problems because the problems make so much money for the puppet masters of the said politicians.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Whatever, you republipuke demoncrat bushist obamabot liberal conservative lefty fundie!

Really, I agree with everything you just said. What's ironic is that this is a site that is about investigating alternative theories yet so many people buy into one of the biggest of them all! The whole left-right thing is just two slices of bread, from the same loaf, on the same turd sandwich.

I've seem many threads lose all viability the moment somebody brings up a dismissive nickname for somebody's ideology and then it just becomes a cage full of monkeys throwing feces at each other. We are all on the same side but some people prefer to be enemies.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
I often times jump on people who are defending Obama. But I do the same for people who defend Bush. I thought people here on ATS were smart enough to know that both sides are equally as guilty, but that doesn't seem to be the case. One person comes to mind specifically, who is constantly singing the praise of Obama. I can't stand it. But I'm not partisan, both parties are corrupt and criminal. So I'll jump on anyone who defends either side.

IT depends what they are 'defending' Obama from. Does it make me an Obama 'defender' if I think the entire 'birther' issue is a distraction? Sometimes defending the truth can mean supporting someone you dont approve of against false allegations.

These issues go far deeper than one person or party. And many of the attacks on ANY POTUS are designed to keep people thinking 'problems start and finish with the White House. IF Americans grasped the amount of control Congress holds, the whole conversation might shift to something more constructive.

Bashing Obama is easy, because LOTS of people dont like him. But for varying and sometimes contradictory reasons.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Very good point.

I too think the whole birther thing is ridiculous and will call it how I see it with regards to birthers.

I don't really see that as a defense of Obama though, I just see that as a defense of logic. The people that will defend Obama's policy and other things are the ones I jump on.

new topics

top topics

join