It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House using plays from the Nazi Playbook?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The White House is amping up its vigilance in silencing its critics with the creation of a new communications position designed to respond to unfavorable online stories about the President. Read more: www.newsbusters.org...

Full Story Here

I was just browsing the channels and came across this story on, of all places, the dreaded Fox News. But being the person I am, I couldn't bring myself to use them as my primary quote on the story, so I found the same story at the above link.

It seems that the White House has taken an approach to keep negative opinions about our commander in chief from ever seeing the light of day, by creating a new position paid by tax payer money, to handle critics of Obama.

I'll be honest, I did vote for the man, but mainly because I wanted to see the United States progress their old beliefs beyond looking simply at the color of a man's skin, also I was very intrigued at the idea that he may bring a new world of transparency to our government (yes, joke's on me). But with this recent development, I am shocked to see more and more trends of the US following in the footsteps of Nazi Germany by deploying controlled media to maintain the appearance of political figure heads.

And the worst part, I would have to say, is that we are paying for it, literally. I don't even want to start to delve into the possibilities and similarities to the United States and Nazi Germany. I'm hoping that I'm just being overly paranoid, its just this seems all to familiar to me.

Now I'm not comparing Obama to Hitler, by any means, because this process isn't new to the white house and has been taking shape for a very long time before him. It's just strange to watch as our country, founded on so many virtuous principles, is not even a shadow of its former self. I would love to hear someone debate this and tell me I'm wrong, because I don't even want to be right.

With a simple search of ATS, you can find many comparisons of the two countries, which scares me more...

What do you guys think?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

There's a thread on this already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Every story has already been done on ATS. Its impossible to do an original story, but different perspectives are vital to debate and to further knowledge through other's opinions.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah
Every story has already been done on ATS. Its impossible to do an original story, but different perspectives are vital to debate and to further knowledge through other's opinions.

Then a search is in order and a contribution to the existing thread is the usual way to go.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

I think ATS should award the obnoxious people that troll the threads hoping to find one remotely similar to another thread, and the proceed to add nothing other than Thread already posted here. Damn forum Nazi's I tell ya.

As far as your post, only those who choose to remain blind to the truth will dispel your fears. Follow your intuition on this one.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Could be worse. Maybe now you'll be able to seperate the truth from the left/right spin the US media likes to put on most stories.
edit on 25-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hooray for the Nazis...not really but sort of.

If the goverment is using the Nazis playbook then I think they are doing something far less sinister then I suspect they are doing.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Wanna know something funny?

Look at the thread he linked, 3rd post after the original.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

I have to say, you're not alone, because I do in fact see the benefits. Once again, it comes down to perspective. If I were running a country, I would research history's greatest civilizations, taking what worked and avoiding what didn't, which could be exactly what is happening. Anything can be spun to be negative or positive depending on the writer. For example, controlling the media to limit what news actually comes out could hypothetically be a good thing. Could you imagine the chaos that would ensue if 100% unfiltered truth were to be released constantly? There are many individuals who only take news at face value or pessimistic people who only see the negative, and wouldn't know how to handle or how to process the information that they're receiving. So who better to filter what is presented then educated professionals who know how to spin media to have it released where it can be processed by the greater public? But then the argument would have to come down to, who are they do take that responsibility upon themselves?

I hate to play devil's advocate here, but what would be worse? A United States with limited government interference, with less protection, less guidance, and although not much now, but with no assistance? Or our current government where they do in fact limit our freedoms, but may have justified means. What is freedom, if you can't live long enough to enjoy it?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You're right, lets just to the "normal" thing. ATS is all about doing what is "normal". How about wasting time commenting on this, you go to the other post and comment there, since this is just repetative.

new topics

top topics

join