It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Missiles Said To Threaten U.S

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
listen guys, no matter what u hear about NK and their nukes that can hit the USA, they would never ever launch at us, its jus unthinkable. they are jus trying to be all tough, that whole little crap hole would be vaporized by about 100 of our own missiles be4 any fo theirs came withing 30 min of hawaii or the west coast. besides we do have that missile defense system that isnt perfect yet, but this september their adding more interceptor missiles to NORAD facility and to the bases in Alaska. so rest assured...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by imAMERICAN
listen guys, no matter what u hear about NK and their nukes that can hit the USA, they would never ever launch at us, its jus unthinkable. they are jus trying to be all tough, that whole little crap hole would be vaporized by about 100 of our own missiles be4 any fo theirs came withing 30 min of hawaii or the west coast. besides we do have that missile defense system that isnt perfect yet, but this september their adding more interceptor missiles to NORAD facility and to the bases in Alaska. so rest assured...

What I most afraid is the falseflag missile attack from near NK coast in Japan sea, and blaming on NK for the attack, while in reality it was lauched from US submarine.

NK do not have capability to reach West US coast and Hawaii. But NK do can reach US bases in Okinawa and Japan.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I think it's best for North Korea not to collapse.

North Korea will take everything else down with it. If it's about to collapse, somebody will do something funny and boom boom, some really bad stuff will happen.

I doubt they've got the balls to do that, and anyhow, there's no point in doing it. It's a no win situation for the NK regime, no matter what they do, and even if they do nothing at all, they'll loose

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I think it's best for North Korea not to collapse.

North Korea will take everything else down with it. If it's about to collapse, somebody will do something funny and boom boom, some really bad stuff will happen.

I doubt they've got the balls to do that, and anyhow, there's no point in doing it. It's a no win situation for the NK regime, no matter what they do, and even if they do nothing at all, they'll loose

I don't know much about N.Korea's balls but im sure they will be big enough when they have nothing to lose. The NK nukes are a bargaining chip and they will use it. And what if they "some how" get a hold of one of China's radar-quiet submarines, then they could hit anywhere in the US.

The country that truly scares me is China. They have a HUGE population and they are building up their military like never before.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear

Well if they are pushed into a no-win situation (like the US invading), they have nothing to lose by letting off a few nukes, something which will make US commanders have second thoughts about randomly invading whenever they feel like.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
North Korea wont do anything. They have always threatened us and their surrounding countries that would oppose them. Even if one missle found its way here, we would have our anti-missle defense system take over.

Then we would have to take care of the rest of the problem with North Korea.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
exactly, NK would never , China however even though they have the ability to launch missiles at us, remember no matter what their population is, our missiles would level them
china does have a strong military but also they dont have the logistics to carry it acorss the ocean and hold their own on the continental usa, so really we only have to worry about thier missiles cuz thats the only threat they pose, lest we go over there to fight and its a different story...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Why hasn't China established a base in Mexico or even in somewhere like Siberia?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
Why hasn't China established a base in Mexico or even in somewhere like Siberia?

Why would China want to do that? China do not want threat anyone, but China has the capability to defeat anyone dare to interfere in internal affairs of China.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
hey, sorry this a a bit long, a couple yrs old i think but interesting:
Chinese Control of the Canal (panama) will give China the ability to block vital food and oil shipments to the U.S....prevent deployment of our navy in times of national emergency...and create an enemy beachhead within striking distance of our cities. Red Chinese J-11 attack jets � each of which can drop 13,000 pounds of bombs � launched from Panama can strike our cities.

The notion that a U.S. president and Congress could allow this Canal � built and defended by the U.S. at an incredible cost in treasure and blood � to fall under the control of our avowed enemies, the Red Chinese � without a shot being fired � is incredible. Yet we are just days away from that nightmare becoming reality.

The Canal is Vital for America's Safety

Strategically the Canal is a "choke-point," one of four places in the world where a small area can block trade for an entire continent. The other three are the Suez Canal, the Straits of Gilbraltar and the Molucca Straits near the Spratly Islands. (In the past year the Clinton administration has allowed the Chinese to seize some of the Spratly Islands, and they are currently building naval facilities there.)

Built and maintained by the United States at a cost of American blood and treasure � over $32 billion, more than 13,000 commercial vessels transit the Panama Canal every year, carrying 190 million long tons of cargo. Every month, over 1,000 ships use the Canal to bring food and oil to millions of Americans.

The Canal is also vital for our national defense. In the past year, our naval vessels used the Canal countless times. This 51-mile waterway cuts 8,000 miles off the trip around the southern tip of South America, saving as much as two weeks of transport time. In warfare, time means lives and that much time can mean the difference between defeat and victory.

Imagine that there was a crisis over Taiwan, or North Korean troops were invading South Korea � massacring our men there � it would be critical to control the Canal and speedily move naval forces to the area. Now Bill Clinton wants America to abandon the Panama Canal. Unless the American people raise a terrific outcry, on December 31, Communist China will take control of the Panama Canal and begin to occupy U.S. military facilities which are now being abandoned by our troops.

If you visit Panama today, you'll see ghost towns where just a few months ago there were 10,000 U.S. troops. They're gone and there is no Panamanian army to replace them.

The Clinton administration has been quick to dispatch American troops all over the world, to places like Kosovo, Haiti, and Timor � these are places not vital to American interests.

The Panama Canal is vital for us, yet the Clinton administration won't allow any American military presence there. That makes the Panama Canal incredibly vulnerable to attack by groups like the narco terrorists who are allied with Fidel Castro and hate the U.S....communist guerrillas who are operating in the area...and to influence by foreign powers eager to move into the strategic vacuum left by the U.S. withdrawal.

Of greatest concern is the growing Chinese presence and domination of Panama and the Canal. Panama has signed a 50-year lease for two ports at each end of the Canal with a company called "Hutchison Whampoa" run by one Li Ka-Shing. Ka-Shing is a member of China's ruling power elite and Hutchison Whampoa is connected to China's ruling council.

Panama's lease with Hutchison Whampoa gives China's Communist Party de facto control over the most strategic waterway in the West. Under Panama's agreement, Hutchison Whampoa will control port facilities at both ends of the Canal...they'll control who is allowed to pilot ships through the canal and can assign their own pilots...and they'll also be able to refuse access to the Canal by any ship for "business reasons."

Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott has stated that Hutchison Whampoa is "an arm of the People's Liberation Army" and that U.S. naval ships will now be "at the mercy" of Red Chinese.

China's Takeover of the Canal Threatens Your Security

In 1996 Chinese officials told the New York Times they were quite prepared to use nuclear weapons against American cities like Los Angeles if we tried to stop their takeover of the democratic nation of Taiwan.

Just a few months ago, the official Chinese newspaper warned the U.S. that China was willing to use nuclear bombs against American aircraft carriers if they interfered in Chinese plans to invade Taiwan.

In fact, with our navy blocked from moving through the Canal and Chinese missiles and jets poised to launch from Panama, China could intimidate the U.S. into surrendering Taiwan, Panama, and God knows what else without a shot being fired. If that didn't work, they could just lob a few missiles at our cities.

Communist China Is Our Enemy

This is the same regime that massacred thousands of students at Tiananmen Square and which supplies terrorist regimes in Iran, Syria, Libya and North Korea with missiles and weapons of mass destruction.

This is the same regime which "harvests" the organs of political dissidents, burns churches and imprisons millions of its own citizens in concentration camps.

This is the same China that stole our most secret nuclear weapons, missile and satellite technology and tried to smuggle into California 100,000 automatic weapons and millions of rounds of ammunition. We still don't know for sure why China was smuggling these weapons into the United States.

This is the same communist government that calls America "the #1 enemy" and threatened to attack Los Angeles with nuclear weapons if we interfere with their planned re-conquest of Taiwan.

Thanks to Bill Clinton and China's recent, wholesale acquisition of U.S. military technology, China is now building weapons of mass destruction at breakneck speed and rapidly becoming a global military power. Control of the Panama Canal will give Communist China a beachhead for expanded aggression in Latin America and direct assault on the U.S.

When Taiwan conducts their national elections this spring, less than six months from now, China could make good on its threat of war against the U.S.

In fact, with our navy blocked from moving through the Canal and Chinese missiles and jets poised to launch from Panama, China could intimidate the US into surrendering Taiwan, Panama, and God knows what else without a shot being fired.

If that didn't work, they could just lob a few missiles at our cities. China has plenty of short-range missiles capable of hitting L.A., Houston, Miami and many other cities.

China's impending takeover of the Panama Canal is of utmost significance to the United States, but the Clinton administration and its media friends have turned a blind eye to this dangerous development.

In light of China's massive contributions to the Clinton-Gore campaign and the Democratic National Committee, and President's Clinton's subsequent radical changes of policy to benefit the People's Republic of China, one can only wonder if this is yet another quid pro quo for Chinese cash.

If we allow China to take control of the Panama Canal, we are setting ourselves up for inevitable conflict. We will be forced, as a matter of national survival, at some not too distant point in the future, to go to Panama and win back militarily what we have bought and built, and what is rightfully ours. When that happens, we will have to pay a high price in blood and treasure again, because the alternative will be far worse.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
rest assured tho, this is the only way that China can actually harm the continental United States (not counting ICBMs, but that would insure their demise as well), but it is very very troubling..........

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Chinese Control of the Canal (panama) will give China the ability to block vital food and oil shipments to the U.S....prevent deployment of our navy in times of national emergency...and create an enemy beachhead within striking distance of our cities. Red Chinese J-11 attack jets � each of which can drop 13,000 pounds of bombs � launched from Panama can strike our cities.

This is absurd. How far away is Panama to China and to US? With US dominance in Ocean and Air, how can China move enough forces to Panama?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
well from what ive heard, China will be "and have a right to" station troops in the US bases in the outlying towns and who knows what else, if tis thier #, they could put missile pads, or air bases with longrange sh it- pplus that would overrule their logisitics problem with an invasion of the us seeing as how theyd now have troops in our part of the world..

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

i don't think shipments of supplies and naval deployment wouldn't really be affected, since the US borders both the pacific and the atlantic oceans, and has significant port facilities on both coasts.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
i dont know how much of that article was exact in its statements but ill tel u this, if china gets its armed forces in panama, it will be a threat to the continental US, it would be able to stop the us navy from trafficing to the pacific and with all the # in the mideast or where ever it could be a problem, plus theres always the cuban missile theory where china could put long range missiles theere, maybe not nuclear but any missile isnt good.. jus my thoughts...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

i dont know how much of that article was exact in its statements but ill tel u this, if china gets its armed forces in panama, it will be a threat to the continental US, it would be able to stop the us navy from trafficing to the pacific and with all the # in the mideast or where ever it could be a problem, plus theres always the cuban missile theory where china could put long range missiles theere, maybe not nuclear but any missile isnt good.. jus my thoughts...

I find it quite amusing that US is paranoid when others deploy missile near US, while US people think it is their god given right to deploy US millitary, submarines, missiles anywhere US wants.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
bro, it is our right or even responsibility as the super power. we have to police the world- ever since the usa became dominent (srry spelling im typin fast and im lazy) after ww2, europe has been peaceful and so has the pacific- remember what the world was like before the usa was a strong power- also lest we forget that the usa isnt trying to nuke the world. we use our nukes only as a deterrence, besides, why should china have to have troops and such near the continental usa? they arent policing the world-infact they have the biggest army in the world so what would they even be worried about? the usa shows no agression-its the rest of the world-dont u realize the usa never goes to war unless it has to (excluding iraq recently i kno but thats terrorism and different)

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

bro, it is our right or even responsibility as the super power. we have to police the world- ever since the usa became dominent (srry spelling im typin fast and im lazy) after ww2, europe has been peaceful and so has the pacific- remember what the world was like before the usa was a strong power- also lest we forget that the usa isnt trying to nuke the world. we use our nukes only as a deterrence, besides, why should china have to have troops and such near the continental usa? they arent policing the world-infact they have the biggest army in the world so what would they even be worried about? the usa shows no agression-its the rest of the world-dont u realize the usa never goes to war unless it has to (excluding iraq recently i kno but thats terrorism and different)

I guess all US troops are stationed in US and no threat to other countries.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
only 17% or so of USA troops are stationed around the world-suprising isnt it, considering how far stretched thin we are since we only have 1,000,000 or so troops, we have 80,000 or so in germ, 100,000 in iraq (not counted in that i believe) 30 or so in korea, but our troops arent a threat unless attacked-thats the usa troop stance, dont fire unless fired upon. we arent at war, we are at peace. we r trying to stop terrorism, anyway china has no reason to station missiles or such near the continetal usa, which is my point...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

only 17% or so of USA troops are stationed around the world-suprising isnt it, considering how far stretched thin we are since we only have 1,000,000 or so troops, we have 80,000 or so in germ, 100,000 in iraq (not counted in that i believe) 30 or so in korea, but our troops arent a threat unless attacked-thats the usa troop stance, dont fire unless fired upon. we arent at war, we are at peace. we r trying to stop terrorism, anyway china has no reason to station missiles or such near the continetal usa, which is my point...

When did Iraq attacked US? Where does China station missiles near continental USA?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join