It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Missiles Said To Threaten U.S

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Your jingoistic responses to anyone who isn't American betray a great deal of ignorance for another countries rights and expectations. Just beacause someones ideology is different from yours, that does not make it wrong. Calling Kim Jong ill a name like "Krazy Kim" shows just how blinded and indoctrinated you are.

Umm...its Crazy Kim with a C. to answer your second statement I don't think Their ideology is wrong. But when they develop these weapons specifically to pose a threat to us then it gets a little beyond ideology and into insanity.

For someone from the "land of the free", you show very little tolerance to anyone who doesn't agree with you and a complete lack of respect to your own cherished rights of free speech.

What dose this have to do with North Korea building missiles than can reach the US?
I have very little tolerance for idiots who think they can build nukes and blackmail the US.

Why exactly do you behave like this? I think you are insecure, so feel the need to shout as loud as you can about how great America is. Why not try some empathy and place yourself in the shoes of another, and maybe see something from someone elses point of view...........try it, you might like it.

Why do i act like this?... I will tell you why your empathy is BS. How can I feel empathy for people who think we are �infidels� and blow themselves up to destroy us at every chance they get. I cant imagine I would like to be someone who thinks getting blown up will give them eternal love and peace. This has gotten off topic so we should stick with the Korean issue.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I basically agree with subcane's point, but the problem is how to disarm NK ? Is miltary strike an option ? NK is something different, NK is surrounded by SK, JP, CH, RU, all big and influenctial countries, and none of these countries want a war. Without SK and JP's cooperation, it is unimagable that US will strike NK alone.

SK people believe 2 koreas will unify some day. I see SK's media is kind of interesting, most SK people believe the NK nuke is not to bomb SK because they are the same ethnic, and some SK people even feel happy because they think the nuke belongs to the whole Korea.

With all the surrounding countries hoping use peaceful way, US's tough position is a kind of lonely.

Kim has visited China several times and China showed Kim around in China. It is said Kim has intention to follow China to do economic reform, but first he needs to do is to ensure national security so that he can turn most resources away from miltary to economy and also attract foreign invest, that is why Kim repeatedly ask US to sign a peace treaty but US refused and only willing to give an oral assurance that US will not strike NK.

I think if US think Korea is a strategic position to station army, then what US may do is to worse the situation, keep NK as a threat so that they have reason to continue to station army there. If US's purpose is to weaken Kim's control, then best way is to encourage NK to reform.

What I see is US indeed want to keep army in Korea, because they can use it to contain China. But station army there, the reason must be NK threat to convince SK people. So always keep NK threat is in US's interest. But if the threat really turned into nuke threat, then the game will be no longer interesting.

But I think finally the problem will be solved, because without RU and CH's backup, NK actually can go nowhere. NK and SK will sign peace treaty and begin their unification process, and maybe the side effect is US have to retreat and lose Korean base.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I was watching a show a couple of weeks ago, and all of the people who wanted the US out of SK were the people born after the Korean War. All of the people who wanted the US to stay were veterans of the Korean war. This is very interesting, if you don't learn your history you are bound to repeat it. Japan will not tolerate a nuclear Korea if North Korea decals its Nuke missiles Japan will almost certainly go nuclear, and china doesn't want this. Plus the US has many bases in the region a future base might be Taiwan.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I was watching a show a couple of weeks ago, and all of the people who wanted the US out of SK were the people born after the Korean War. All of the people who wanted the US to stay were veterans of the Korean war.

This is true.

Japan will not tolerate a nuclear Korea if North Korea decals its Nuke missiles Japan will almost certainly go nuclear, and china doesn't want this.

This is also true. North-Eastern asia countries all have nuke capability. Japan has stored nuke material that can make over thousand warheads, the only thing left is a political decision. China of course don't want JP go nuke, but China's worrying will be no more than US. China is already surrounded by nuke countries, Russia, India, Pakistan, all of them has ability to destory China, now plus one more does not make much difference, but JP people remember US is the only country nuked JP.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I was watching a show a couple of weeks ago, and all of the people who wanted the US out of SK were the people born after the Korean War. All of the people who wanted the US to stay were veterans of the Korean war.

- That's absurd and way too sweeping a statement Westy.

A significant proportion of South Koreans by and large now wish to see their country unified. Young and old. Partition has not been good for any of them and they know it.

Clearly the situation with the north, partition and the failure to declare the war actually over - along with the complications from outsiders renders moving to this position difficult.

This is very interesting, if you don't learn your history you are bound to repeat it.

- What is this comment about? I have to say I find your obvious attitude that a united Korea is something to object to 'interesting'.

Japan will not tolerate a nuclear Korea if North Korea decals its Nuke missiles Japan will almost certainly go nuclear,

- Where do you get this stuff from? You make such dramatic comments as if you know certain truths when they are nothing of the sort.

Having been the only nation to experience a nuclear attack how on earth do you think you can so easily characterise Japan's attitude to NK with the bomb?

.....and in any case surely according to you American guys that is the state of affairs now!?

and china doesn't want this.

- who in their right mind does? Our foreign policies should all be about promoting a world with less nuclear proliferation, not more. A state of affairs not helped by a US policy that practically encourages any dictatorship out there to get WMDs cos then the US might not actually attack them.

Plus the US has many bases in the region a future base might be Taiwan.

- Just how dangerously insane do you think that idea actually is Westy? How could stationing a US base in Taiwan actually help reduce tensions in the region and with China?

How would you feel if China built a massive base and stationed troops (oh, naturally only following the expressed invitation of the sovereign government) - in mexico (maybe with tactical nukes too?)?

Don't be so silly.

We already had a cuban missile crisis and came within a hairs breadth of global nuclear disaster there is absolutely no reason to have one over Taiwan.

What is this each generation has to act like a-holes?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I would like to see a united Korea. Sminkey thats a good example with the Cuban missle crisis. But Mexico is down right paranoid about foerign soldiers in their territory. They intupted a funeral because some marines brought in honorary rifles for the ceremony. I don't think the US should really be dictating the entire thing of Korea. So long as we get our stratigic missle defense system I'm happy. As for the US disarming well despite the fact that a lot of Americans including myself would like that we can't. We have too many enemies. I know thats our fault but too many people would love to attack the US if we left our selves defenseless. Thats why the DPRK should have a few nukes just in case.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Umm...its Crazy Kim with a C. to answer your second statement I don't think Their ideology is wrong. But when they develop these weapons specifically to pose a threat to us then it gets a little beyond ideology and into insanity.

To threaten YOU?? I think you'll find they have them as YOU are thretening THEM!! And you are on record West as saying communism is crap (not you actual words,but hey)

What dose this have to do with North Korea building missiles than can reach the US?

It has everything to do with it. You country espouses free speech and Democracy but does little to foster these feelings around the world. They are building these for a detterent just because Dubya has gone on record saying that NK is a threat, axis of evil etc, and threatened them

Why do i act like this?... I will tell you why your empathy is BS. How can I feel empathy for people who think we are �infidels� and blow themselves up to destroy us at every chance they get. I cant imagine I would like to be someone who thinks getting blown up will give them eternal love and peace. This has gotten off topic so we should stick with the Korean issue.

Last time i checked West, north koreans weren't the ones flying planes into the WTC, not living in Afghanistan or Iraq.... think you might be getting confused. Understandable though considering just how much bollox information comes out of the White House.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
sminkeypinkey everything I said in my above post is true. If you don't believe me look it up. Japan will not tolerate a nuclear NK and if Japan goes nuclear china will not be happy. Plain and simple.

To threaten YOU?? I think you'll find they have them as YOU are thretening THEM!! And you are on record West as saying communism is crap (not you actual words,but hey)

Nope we are not threatening them I don't call protecting a DMZ as threatening them. Don�t put words in my mouth say what I have actually written. Its like me saying stumason you have actually gone on the record saying Americans suck(not your actual words, but hey) see what I am saying it�s not good to make up stuff.

It has everything to do with it. You country espouses free speech and Democracy but does little to foster these feelings around the world.

Really what to you call making 25 million Afghanis free, and 23 million Iraqis free or keeping 30 million Taiwanese form being oppressed by China? Not to mention the contributions that the US has made in its history to free countries.

Last time i checked West, north koreans weren't the ones flying planes into the WTC, not living in Afghanistan or Iraq.... think you might be getting confused. Understandable though considering just how much bollox information comes out of the White House.

Umm...the above quote was a response to a something sminkeypinkey said about me not showing empathy or be tolerant of Americas enemies. I never said NK flew the planes in the WTC nor do I believe that. I have no idea where your getting your conspiracy BS. You might want to read the posts first before typing.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Nope we are not threatening them I don't call protecting a DMZ as threatening them. Don�t put words in my mouth say what I have actually written. Its like me saying stumason you have actually gone on the record saying Americans suck(not your actual words, but hey) see what I am saying it�s not good to make up stuff.

You are threatening them, just watch the news and see how you intimidate them every day. And I have gone on record saying Americans suck, not all of them, but the ones in the White house certainly do.

Really what to you call making 25 million Afghanis free, and 23 million Iraqis free or keeping 30 million Taiwanese form being oppressed by China? Not to mention the contributions that the US has made in its history to free countries.

Dude....... free Afghanis and Iraqis? Not been watching the news much lately have you?

Umm...the above quote was a response to a something sminkeypinkey said about me not showing empathy or be tolerant of Americas enemies. I never said NK flew the planes in the WTC nor do I believe that. I have no idea where your getting your conspiracy BS. You might want to read the posts first before typing.

No it wasn't, as it was me that said have empathy towards others and put yourself in others shoes. And you came back saying

when we where talking about NK......seems like you might want to read the post first Westy........

And what conspiracy BS is this? Everyday I hear all this false info coming out the White House...Only the other day our own Home Secretary blasted Dubya and Tom Ridge for using 4 yr old intelligence for political reasons, when there was no threat whatsoever!!!!! And then there is the WMD lies....connections to AQ.... and that is just the tip of the iceberg!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   

You are threatening them, just watch the news and see how you intimidate them every day.

How are we intimidating them? Don't tell me its cuz Bush said they are part of the axis of evil that is BS. If we are telling them we are going to attack you then its a threat. Calling them part of the axis of evil is not a threat.

Dude....... free Afghanis and Iraqis? Not been watching the news much lately have you?

Umm...what do you call getting rid of their old oppressive rulers and placing a temporary government training their military and aiding them in reconstruction and having elections in January. Sounds like freedom to me.

Everyday I hear all this false info coming out the White House...Only the other day our own Home Secretary blasted Dubya and Tom Ridge for using 4 yr old intelligence for political reasons, when there was no threat whatsoever!!!!! And then there is the WMD lies....connections to AQ.... and that is just the tip of the iceberg!!!

It took Al-Qeda more than 4 years to research and plan the attack on 911 things don't happen overnight. Plus we also had recent Intel from this Khan person arrested in Pakistan like a month ago, he had his laptop with him and we found recent info on there causing us to raise the threat level on those particular buildings. The American people have a right to be prepared and to know. The bush Administration got blasted about not telling the people and not doing enough to prevent 911. Now that they do act they still et criticized by the Left. The WMD�s I don't think we lied we just had really bad

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   

How are we intimidating them? Don't tell me its cuz Bush said they are part of the axis of evil that is BS. If we are telling them we are going to attack you then its a threat. Calling them part of the axis of evil is not a threat.

- So what do you call that kind of talk then Westy....being friendly in a jokey way?

Maybe it was reverse psycology and an attempt to make the world a safer place by 'weirding out' the NK leadership, what do you think?

Umm...what do you call getting rid of their old oppressive rulers and placing a temporary government training their military and aiding them in reconstruction and having elections in January. Sounds like freedom to me.

- I suggest you start checking out a few more news services (or better yet talk to people actually there) to find out about this amazing freedom we've brought.

You can do your 'they're all outsiders coming in creating the trouble' or 'they brain-wash them into suicide' all you like but when the grown adults cry and curse the military for the troubles they have brought or the torture their kids have suffered you really ought to be waking up to the reality of the situation.

It took Al-Qeda more than 4 years to research and plan the attack on 911

- says who? How could anyone possibly know this for a fact - except for those actually involved?

This is pure insulting sound-bite tv news garbage....and you appear to lap it up like you can't get enough of those easy 'certainties' - do they feel nice or something?

You should feel like they just insulted your intelligence.

This kind of crap sounds plausible for the 30seconds your attention span is meant to hold it and it's then supposed to disappear hopefully without further examination.....because it actually stands no reasonable examination.

For God's sake wake up and use your brain more often Westy, look out for this, it's a known device deliberately used.

Plus we also had recent Intel from this Khan person arrested in Pakistan like a month ago, he had his laptop with him and we found recent info on there causing us to raise the threat level on those particular buildings.

- Yeah so you are told. Funnily enough we've also been told that he was either an agent or has turned. We also know he was living quite openly in Pakistan....and that his info (whatever that actually means) is years old.

The American people have a right to be prepared and to know.

- I agree. The American people have a right to know the facts rather than the selected BS they keep being fed by this administration.

The bush Administration got blasted about not telling the people and not doing enough to prevent 911.

- Yeah, now you see you are lumping the two things together there. It wasn't so much the "not telling" it was far far more the "not doing enough to prevent" that most had a problem with.

Now that they do act they still et criticized by the Left.

- Well if they keep talking obvious rubbish what do you expect?

The WMD�s I don't think we lied we just had really bad

- Naaaa, of course it was just really bad intel.....Bush demanded 9/11 be linked to Iraq within hours of 9/11 happening and, I mean, how could anyone blame him if the intel sources scrapped up every tenuous thin scrap they had to prove the link and threat and allow Bush the war he was demanding? Mistakes happen, right?

Wise up Westy.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I doubt N Korea would attack the US. At most, their missles could hit alaska...... Anyone that lives over here in Japan and Korea know that they will be the ones hit. Last year N Korea shot a missle over Japan to prove they could do it. They have already stated a profound loathing of Japan. It is understood by most that Japan would be the first. They may hit Alaska, But I am sure they would be more interested in completely destroying this area first.

The dictator of N Korea already said that he want to someday have his father laid to rest in his hometown. Anyone know where that is? Seoul........

The US will not be the top on their list.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   

sminkeypinkey everything I said in my above post is true. If you don't believe me look it up.

- look what up? 'The book of Japanese reactions to a nuclear weapon in the hands of NK'?

.....and answer the point.....I thought you guys say NK had bukes already?

Japan will not tolerate a nuclear NK and if Japan goes nuclear china will not be happy. Plain and simple.

- Japan has caused more than enough trouble in regard to Korea in recent history thank you very much.

Japan can keep her nose out and her wallet open and count herself very lucky while she does it. It'd be cheap at twice the price.

Tough and all like but there you are, there's facts.

Nope we are not threatening them I don't call protecting a DMZ as threatening them.

- Of course, stationing the largest force outside of the US withion spitting distance is a 'supportive' act Westy isn't it? How could anyone feel threatened by that? Maybe it's something we could teach them was actually festive?!

Really what to you call making 25 million Afghanis free, and 23 million Iraqis free

- I call it maintaining the centuries old instability in the region, not peace (...um btw what peace, where is it?) and certainly nor 'freedom' as we understand the term.

or keeping 30 million Taiwanese form being oppressed by China?

- that I call pushing your nose in where it doesn't belong to play games with China.

....and if it gives us all a 21st century version of the cuban missile crisis so what, right? A nuke or two, s'nothin right?! Casual insanity or what?

Not to mention the contributions that the US has made in its history to free countries.

- That is true to a point, but it was never truely free and without price and by God you's are making up for it now, eh?

Umm...the above quote was a response to a something sminkeypinkey said about me not showing empathy or be tolerant of Americas enemies.

- only an idiot cuts him or herself off from an appreciation or empathy with the cause of their enemy.

Instead of this idiotic notion that it's blindly desirable, 'hard' or 'tough' to fight war (an attitude that almost invariably comes from those that have no clue or experience about what they are talking about) an empathy might actually allow a war to be avoided. Not always. I believe in the concept of (initially at least) 'the just war'. IMO WW2 was a just war even if we all didn't really know it when it started.

Sacrificing the young men and women of a nation should be the last resort and not something to cheer on IMO. It should be minimised as much as possible and, if unavoidable and truely necessary, done for as brief a time as possible......and never for political reasons.....and always with an eye kept on how to stop it.

Now if you think having a grinning fool prance and ponce about in a flight suit with 'mission accomplished' banners bedecking the scene as hundreds more young people die in his faux war is OK, feel free.

The wars we have exist and we must deal with but this 'poker game' over the next ones in Iran and NK?

I say to hell with that.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

So what do you call that kind of talk then Westy....being friendly in a jokey way?

Maybe it was reverse psycology and an attempt to make the world a safer place by 'weirding out' the NK leadership, what do you think?

No it is not a threat its telling North Korea that by them building nuclear weapons they are part of an elite club of rouge nations that are isolated, and that only bring more instability to the region by building nukes.

I suggest you start checking out a few more news services (or better yet talk to people actually there) to find out about this amazing freedom we've brought.
You can do your 'they're all outsiders coming in creating the trouble' or 'they brain-wash them into suicide'

We have brought them freedom at least more than they had before. In Afghanistan all of the ones attacking are the taiban not the Afghani people. The same in Iraq its either baath part members or insurgents of alqada.

says who? How could anyone possibly know this for a fact - except for those actually involved?

Because it was in the 911 commissions book, and after 911 we found out that planning had been going on for about 4 years. And the 911 commission interviewed Intel members and looked ant thousands of documents.

Yeah so you are told. Funnily enough we've also been told that he was either an agent or has turned. We also know he was living quite openly in Pakistan....and that his info (whatever that actually means) is years old.

Umm�his info was new we just had gotten it of his laptop he also had computer discs with him also giving info. And how can I argue with you. You treat everything that comes out of the US as lies, you can�t have a mature debate with someone like that.

I agree. The American people have a right to know the facts rather than the selected BS they keep being fed by this administration.

Umm�they are not being fed anything everything Tom Ridge has told us about the threats is real, as it is confirmed by different sources and different countries.

Yeah, now you see you are lumping the two things together there. It wasn't so much the "not telling" it was far far more the "not doing enough to prevent" that most had a problem with.

Yeah what are you going to do when you inherit a problem caused by another president, who had 3 chances to kill Osama, yet he doesn�t get blamed.

Well if they keep talking obvious rubbish what do you expect?

�Rubbish� please tell me how you know so much more than the rest of us tell me your sources. We captured top Al-qada leaders last week and we discovered new info from them but according to you its all fake. Whatever.

look what up? 'The book of Japanese reactions to a nuclear weapon in the hands of NK'?

.....and answer the point.....I thought you guys say NK had bukes already?

No look up the policy of Japan in case N. Korea announces it has nukes. And yeah we have sad that but North Korea has to declare to the world they have them for Japan to get pissed.

Of course, stationing the largest force outside of the US withion spitting distance is a 'supportive' act Westy isn't it? How could anyone feel threatened by that? Maybe it's something we could teach them was actually festive?!

Actually we are pulling some of our troops from the region. The N. Koreans are within �spitting� distance of South Korea but you don�t hear them cry wolf ;like the N. Korean�s. The US has to protect the sovereignty of the DMZ and the S. Korean border from being run over by the north.

that I call pushing your nose in where it doesn't belong to play games with China.

....and if it gives us all a 21st century version of the cuban missile crisis so what, right? A nuke or two, s'nothin right?! Casual insanity or what?

No I call it protecting the sovereignty of a nation and their right to exercise freedom. Your Cuban missile crisis is BS the US doesn�t even have any troops in Taiwan all we are doing is selling weapons to Taiwan, and we are not selling them missiles or nukes. There is a difference between M-16�s and ICBM�s.

Sacrificing the young men and women of a nation should be the last resort and not something to cheer on IMO. It should be minimised as much as possible and, if unavoidable and truely necessary, done for as brief a time as possible......and never for political reasons.....and always with an eye kept on how to stop it.

Now if you think having a grinning fool prance and ponce about in a flight suit with 'mission accomplished' banners bedecking the scene as hundreds more young people die in his faux war is OK, feel free.

Yes it should be a last resort but when all diplomatic solutions fail it is a last result. We cant end a war prematurely when it is nor fully over so your goal of stopping it before its over ludicrous. It�s the American way to make a dramatic and �kool� appearance on an Aircraft carrier to acknowledge the bravery and the quick resolution your service members have given.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

No it is not a threat its telling North Korea that by them building nuclear weapons they are part of an elite club of rouge nations that are isolated, and that only bring more instability to the region by building nukes.

- It's pressure, it's a threat.....and it's pressure and a threat that have led us to a NK with nukes. Get real.

We have brought them freedom at least more than they had before.

- We have brought them a war zone. If you call that 'better' than before go ahead, I don't agree and IMO it's worse.

In Afghanistan all of the ones attacking are the taiban not the Afghani people.

- who do you think the 'Taliban' are Westy?

Do you really think you have 'solved' Afghanistan? I wish it were so but you are fooling yourself. Afghanistan is not 'free' it remains a problem of competing 'war-lords' and will be for a long time yet. Open your eyes.

The same in Iraq its either baath part members or insurgents of alqada.

- No, it's mostly Iraqis. You label them how you like but they are mostly Iraqis.

Because it was in the 911 commissions book, and after 911 we found out that planning had been going on for about 4 years.

- No one doubts the planning took time but this blithe 'it took 4yrs' is BS, it might have happened over a 4yr period is different but it didn't require 4yrs planning.

And the 911 commission interviewed Intel members and looked ant thousands of documents.

- So they interviewed some AQ and reviewed some of their documents.....it's not like they were looking up AQ's files now is it?

Umm�his info was new we just had gotten it of his laptop he also had computer discs with him also giving info. And how can I argue with you. You treat everything that comes out of the US as lies, you can�t have a mature debate with someone like that.

- When respectable news agencies the world over are reporting the guys info is at least 4yrs old I think it correct to question people who merely assert the info is 'new'.

Umm�they are not being fed anything everything Tom Ridge has told us about the threats is real, as it is confirmed by different sources and different countries.

- and the proof of this would be arrests and red-handed terrorists would it not? Where are they? How many alerts over how many years Westy?

Yeah what are you going to do when you inherit a problem caused by another president, who had 3 chances to kill Osama, yet he doesn�t get blamed.

- I don't know whether you've noticed but that would (were it true) have been illegal under your constitution for a start

Also at least one of the sources for this fairy tale is a Sudanese leader, hardly a reliable source.

Basically this is a popular right-wing fantasy which is why not even people like Fox would pick it up and run with it.

�Rubbish� please tell me how you know so much more than the rest of us tell me your sources. We captured top Al-qada leaders last week and we discovered new info from them but according to you its all fake. Whatever.

- Westy the only AQ 'captured' to date have been low grade people who know nothing and people who in the end turn to have either been our agents or Mossad agents.

No look up the policy of Japan in case N. Korea announces it has nukes.

- What are you on? Let's ne serious about this, there is no announced governmental 'policy' there are a handful of comments by some of their more outspoken politicians. Big deal. The Japanese people are not nuclear enthusiasts.

And yeah we have sad that but North Korea has to declare to the world they have them for Japan to get pissed.

- wise up. Stated or unstated the Japanese are not into becoming a nuclear power, granted they still have some nationalist nutters about but they are not itching to 'go nuclear'.

Actually we are pulling some of our troops from the region.

- But for all that it is still the single largest US force ourside of the US.

The N. Koreans are within �spitting� distance of South Korea but you don�t hear them cry wolf ;like the N. Korean�s.

- What are you getting at here. The NK's are Korean. Of course they are there. There's a massive army right on their own doorstep....most of it foreign; how would the USA respond to a huge army amassed on it's doorstep?.

The US has to protect the sovereignty of the DMZ and the S. Korean border from being run over by the north.

- Those days are over. Stalin is gone, Mao is gone and we should all be acting like we want to take the temperature down not up. We should be acting to calm the situation not inflaming it with idiotic comments about 'evil' (Christ it was bad enough when Reagan did that 1st time around rather than this foolish wannabe)

No I call it protecting the sovereignty of a nation and their right to exercise freedom.

- How by helping play one side off against the other? cos it is helping reduce tensions so much, huh?

Your Cuban missile crisis is BS the US doesn�t even have any troops in Taiwan all we are doing is selling weapons to Taiwan, and we are not selling them missiles or nukes. There is a difference between M-16�s and ICBM�s.

- No it's not BS. It's perfectly clear to all the world that there is an implicit nuclear threat on the table.

Yes it should be a last resort but when all diplomatic solutions fail it is a last result. We cant end a war prematurely when it is nor fully over so your goal of stopping it before its over ludicrous.

- Who said end it before it's over.....you did not me. The point is to make it over, it's rarely a spontanious thing.

It�s the American way to make a dramatic and �kool� appearance on an Aircraft carrier to acknowledge the bravery and the quick resolution your service members have given.

- No it was Bush's way of attemting to 'cash in' and it made him look a fool to the whole world even if his support is blind to it.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
There is o point in continuing this debate. You know where i stand and I know how you feel abut the issue. We should just leave it here cuz were only going to repeat the same things, and I don't feel like taking a 20 min to type a 2 page response

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Personally I believe that North Korea do not have the capability to launch missiles that might reach US either Hawaii or US West coast. They do have the capability to attack US base in Okinawa.

I do feel the real danger that Zionist Cabal in US might launch a nuke-tipped missile at US west coast and blame North Korea for the attack.

For full analysis, please read
Jane's Hypes Nuclear Strike US West Coast
joevialls.altermedia.info...

This is the propaganda to prepare the mass for such a possibility. When that happens, US people will be galvanized for revenge. Conscription comes in readily, which is badly need for Iraq.

I could only hope that the scenario will be just fiction.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
In 1968 I didn't think Japan would ever have any nuclear capabilities. How things change-
Here is a 'brief' list

While the Japanese may have a very small military I truly doubt they would allow NK to have a functioning ICBM regardless of what Janes is reputed to have said.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I do feel the real danger that Zionist Cabal in US might launch a nuke-tipped missile at US west coast and blame North Korea for the attack.

This is the stupidest thing I ever heard, you have no basis for this other than your hare for our government. First of all how would the Us launch a missile from Kansas to hit California and say it came form North Korea. You know America is not the only country with radar
This is just like 911 you blame bush and our Intel agencies for 911 and say they were behind 911, you say this with no hard proof or evidence. Yet instead of blaming the Mo FO that goes on video cheering and saying I did it you blame others with no proof.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You from Texas Westy? You sound like it. YEA HA

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join