Originally posted by WestPoint23
No that is not what I am saying you have to stop treating N. Korea as if it is a regular country.
- It is just another country with a regimented system of dictatorial control not enormously unlike others we have seen before.
Its not it is a rouge nation they are economically independent their people are poor
- Yes, I agree. What productive wealth there is is diverted to the military and the leadership.
most of them want to flee
- I believe this is so of many there now, yes.
that is what I mean by Kim has nothing to loose and he really doesn't.
- I'm sorry, that just does not follow. So the country is mostly poor and having trouble feeding itself from time to time why does that mean Kim has
nothing to lose? He and the rest of the NK leadership have everything there is to have in that poor country.
That is far from nothing when it is going to such a relatively small number.
That is why he is more dangerous, cuz MAD doesn't apply to people who have nothing to loose.
- Sorry Westy, but I cannot agree that your starting premise is correct. These people do very nicely out of being on top in NK.
Al qada for example they don't care if they die they just want to kill as many as they can. MAD is useless against people like that.
- No, AQ is something altogether different. I do not believe you can link the two at all.
AQ people have a religious belief system that has their people thinking they are not only doing the right thing for 'political' reasons but
spiritual ones also.
Not every AQ person is a dirt poor refugee.