It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Political Madness! Nuclear Outrage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Kings Cliffe: Radioactive waste disposal approved

BBC News
Plans for low-level radioactive waste disposal to be allowed at a landfill site in Northamptonshire have been given the go-ahead by the government.

Now this is where the milk starts to turn a bit sour.

Kings Cliffe Waste Watchers, who have been campaigning against the plan, reacted to the decision by saying it was disappointed that the wishes of local residents had been ignored by a minister who had "declared his commitment to local decision making".

Some 98% of people who voted in local referendums opposed the plans.

Giving the people the illusion of choice on the matter and then slapping them in the face?

It gets worse..

Northamptonshire county councillors had unanimously rejected the plan in March 2010.

Say what?

Augean says the waste, which is mainly soil and rubble from old nuclear power stations, is very low-level radioactive. It says the amount of radiation emitted will be a small percentage of what we are exposed to naturally every day.

The residents of Kings Cliffe say an underground water source runs from below the landfill site and that a number of springs, pools and streams in the village could be contaminated.

They say their area, which is more than 90 miles from the nearest nuclear power station, has been unfairly singled out for the waste.

This must be completely infuriating for the people of Kings Cliffe!

I'm thinking that there has been some kind of bribe involved somewhere? An out of the books donation to a couple of decision makers maybe?

Or If i was to wear an even bigger tinfoil hat I would speculate the possibility of an attempt to poison the population somehow?

It appears to have happened in the US before.

BBC News

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Big money in nuclear dumps thats all it is when the goverment want to do somthing It will do it regardless of votes democracy
I think your right bribes will be there somwhere

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
A video of someones back garden in the UK with what seems to be dumped Nuclear material. Believe it or not , but the guys whos garden it was is an ATS member.

At the end of video 2 and beginning of video 3

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
A video of someones back garden in the UK with what seems to be dumped Nuclear material. Believe it or not , but the guys whos garden it was is an ATS member.

At the end of video 2 and beginning of video 3

I remember watching that program and am thinking it was possibly you who posted that thread with the vids?

Its disgusting. If it weren't for all the $_$ 's in power we would have had renewable free energy on a mass scale by now and things like this wouldn't be a problem.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I do think the decision of local people needs to be respected. I am also convinced they are just overreacting due to general anti-nuclear hysteria. Low level waste such as soil from nuclear plants? Just dump it behind my house for all I care..

edit on 25/5/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I know this area having had many a 'Free Party' in the area throughout the 90's and naughties, where we set up the soundsystems in the woods much to the locals annoyance aswell and have witnessed there anger 1st hand. Even though we cleaned up after ourselves it was the noise that annoyed them or so they claimed but the area is sparsley populated, One farmer even turned up with a slurry spreader at one party and turned it on ruining thousands of pounds worth of soundsystem in the process and bringing it to an abrupt end, so be prepared for a good fight from the locals. That being said the area is of outstanding natural beauty, its where i first saw owls and badgers in the wild. I personally think that this is very unfair to have to have this on there doorstep, ok you can say that 'it has to go somewhere' but surely they can make room on the existing sites for it without ruining somewhere that is nothing to do with it???

top topics

join