It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Arpaio deputy and two officers charged with heroin and illegal immigrant smuggling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
And what's more, one of them is pregnant with the child of a drug cartel member. Can't be more ironic than that.

Disregard the ``tea party sheriff`` propaganda... no ``tea party`` constitutionalist loves Arpaio, he's a thug who has violated the constitution several times in the past.

Tea Party Sheriff’s Deputies Arrested for Human Trafficking

The Boss Hogg of Arizona law enforcement, Maricopa County's very own Sheriff Joe Arpaio, has a problem in his house: A deputy and two officers from Arpaio's creepy jail were arrested on charges that they smuggled heroin and illegal immigrants into Arizona, and then on to California. In a great twist, one of them is eight months pregnant with a Sinaloa drug cartel member's child.

The three were arrested along with nine others accused of being part of a vast, cross border smuggling ring. When investigators went to the home of Deputy Alfredo Navarrette to arrest him, they found two illegal immigrants hanging out inside, too. Navarrette was also one of the first members of Sheriff Joe's racial profiling squad and also served on the human trafficking unit. This really upset Sheriff Joe, who spoke with the Arizona Republic:

"[Navarrette] repeatedly supplied details about the illegal-immigration crime-suppression operation to leaders of the drug-trafficking organization," Arpaio said. "This action placed numerous deputies, reserves and posse volunteers in harm's way while they were volunteering and conducting operations."

You've been compromised, Sheriff Joe. And speaking of Arizona posses, this kind of infiltration never would have happened on J.T. Ready's watch. Hell no.

So the big question... Is Arpaio ``dumb`` enough to have let this happened in his courtyard without seeing anything... or was he complicit... or is the whole thing made up?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Is there anybody that isn't corrupt in this country? I would guess that he's in on it too, it's the perfect front to do illegal things, who would suspect that a sheriff and his deputy goons are breaking the law?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Arpaio is now to be referred to as "patriobot-super cop 5000".

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Nice spin on the title making it look like it was actually Arpaio and his people............

Actually it was just some people that work for them..........How does this make Arpaio a bad guy?

If i run a company and someone is stealing stuff under my nose and im not aware of it, tha tdoesnt make ME a thief........

Typical Vitch, nice job twisting man

p.s. and GAWKER really? thats the best source you could find?
edit on 25-5-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And what's more, one of them is pregnant with the child of a drug cartel member. Can't be more ironic than that.

Disregard the ``tea party sheriff`` propaganda... no ``tea party`` constitutionalist loves Arpaio, he's a thug who has violated the constitution several times in the past.

Tea Party Sheriff’s Deputies Arrested for Human Trafficking

The Boss Hogg of Arizona law enforcement, Maricopa County's very own Sheriff Joe Arpaio, has a problem in his house: A deputy and two officers from Arpaio's creepy jail were arrested on charges that they smuggled heroin and illegal immigrants into Arizona, and then on to California. In a great twist, one of them is eight months pregnant with a Sinaloa drug cartel member's child.

The three were arrested along with nine others accused of being part of a vast, cross border smuggling ring. When investigators went to the home of Deputy Alfredo Navarrette to arrest him, they found two illegal immigrants hanging out inside, too. Navarrette was also one of the first members of Sheriff Joe's racial profiling squad and also served on the human trafficking unit. This really upset Sheriff Joe, who spoke with the Arizona Republic:

"[Navarrette] repeatedly supplied details about the illegal-immigration crime-suppression operation to leaders of the drug-trafficking organization," Arpaio said. "This action placed numerous deputies, reserves and posse volunteers in harm's way while they were volunteering and conducting operations."

You've been compromised, Sheriff Joe. And speaking of Arizona posses, this kind of infiltration never would have happened on J.T. Ready's watch. Hell no.

So the big question... Is Arpaio ``dumb`` enough to have let this happened in his courtyard without seeing anything... or was he complicit... or is the whole thing made up?

It appears that it was the dumb sheriff you speak about that caught these three.
If you scroll down through the linked article you posted you will find the article linked as the source.

www.azcentral.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

You beat me to the azcentral article . . .

Gawker did sensationalize a bit and if it was warranted, azcentral would have crucified Arpaio. They don't like the man and would gladly play up any corruption connected to him. However, as stated, MCSO were they ones investigating and arresting them. Seems like the Sherrif's dept should be applauded for finding cartel associates in their midst?

Also, they weren't "deputies" per se, as two were detention officers.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

If i run a company and someone is stealing stuff under my nose and im not aware of it, tha tdoesnt make ME a thief........

Dude. Read my OP. I don't like Arpaio at all for lots of his past actions, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

What I said in my OP.

Out of three questions, I only said he MAY be involved once.

So nowhere did I say he was a thief.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Right but as the other posters pointed out, he was the one that caught them........

Soooo????

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
and this affects Arpaio and the good job he is doing how?

Give me a break. Look into any major law enforcement agency, and you will find some bad apples.

Congrats to Arpaio for weeding them out!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Arapio is one of the biggest villains in the USA. He operates by spreading fear and jailing or threatening to jail anyone who questions his policies. He has gone after journalists and politicians who oppose his actions. He is incredibly corrupt, hypocritical, self righteous and arrogant.

Google arapio and Phoenix new times paper if you feel like reading what has been going on

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Nice spin on the title making it look like it was actually Arpaio and his people............

Actually it was just some people that work for them..........How does this make Arpaio a bad guy?

p.s. and GAWKER really? thats the best source you could find?
edit on 25-5-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

This reasoning is insane. This guy prided himself on being a stickler at his job and anyone working under him would have that same tough 'take no prisoners' ethic.
They would know that Joe would come down hard on them too - he'd have to - if there was even the suggestion of corruption among his force.
To have three employees charged with this type of activity????Blows me away.
This has got to be the beginning of the end for Joe because soon everyone involved is going to start singing. You can bet he was not only complicit in the smuggling but that his tough guy sheriff act was just a big show to throw people completely off his trail. I won't get anything for being right though and that is just a damn shame.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Its not the first time a group of patriots officers on the borders are in on it with the mexican cartels,there are many cases of the sort that start being suspicious when some big boss acts full force against the hand from where they are being feed.People somebody has to be working in the american side for this to work,contaminating our youth with this poison.

new topics

top topics

join