It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornadoes have touched ground in KC area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Possible tornadoes have touched ground in KC area

www.kansascity.com

Funnel clouds were reported in the Kansas City area shortly after 11 a.m. today.

Tornado sirens in Johnson and Jackson counties were sounding as police were reporting sighting of funnels and possible tornadoes that had touched down.

In Johnson County, funnel clouds were reported near 151st Street and Roe Avenue, 137th Street and Metcalf Avenue, 167th Street and Nall Avenue. Also, there were reports that a tornado had touched down on Metcalf Avenue, near 135th and 137th streets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 25-5-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

UpDate

LIVE: Tracking Tornadic Storm In Missouri

Chopper 5 tracks a storm cell that is moving out of the Kansas City area to the northeast.
Link to Live 5 in KC

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
this is happening right now...

In Jackson County, Kansas City Fire Department ordered all personnel not responding to an emergency call to return to their stations and take cover. Kansas City has opened its Emergency Operation Center in the Northeast area.

Kansas City police ordered officers to their stations to take cover unless on emergency calls.

Several government agencies and business in downtown Kansas City were ordering employees, staff and others to take cover in the basements of their buildings.

www.kansascity.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

UpDate

“There was a pickup truck that was overturned on (Kansas) 68 in front of the cemetery, and the flags are wrapped around the poles, so you know there was rotation,” he said.

Just around noon, a trained spotter reported a funnel cloud near Longview Lake, just two miles southeast of Lee’s Summit. Moments earlier, a storm was located near Lee’s Summit, moving north at 25 mph. Impact locations included Raytown, Independence, Sugar Creek, Claycomo and Pleasant Valley. A funnel cloud was sighted about four miles west of Raytown.

Funnel clouds were seen near the Truman Sports Complex.

Kansas City firefighters were dispatched about 12:25 p.m. to East 31st and Main Street to investigate debris as the result of a possible touchdown.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I live in Johnson County, and we heard the sirens around 11, so we went to the basement and played some ping pong for an hour until the storm passed. Now it's sunny outside and is shaping up to be a good day.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It was confirmed tornadoes on the ground in fact my friend working a show there just got evacuated from the venue.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

sun is shining down here in Parsons... but looking west its dark dark ...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This story isn't about the KC area, its about the tornados in OK yesterday.

I am currently in GA, but my whole family lives in Noble, Ok. I mean my whole family, not just parents, brothers and sisters.

Anyway, I'm watching the weather channel and all of a sudden they cut to Noble and showed a tornado ripping through it. I watch as that tornado ripped my brothers house from the foundation. Literally, the camera was zoomed in as it tore through his house with him and his family in it.

I have been to war several times, but I have never known fear until then. Thankfully they survived, but wow, what a thing to see on live television.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Becoming because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
This story isn't about the KC area, its about the tornados in OK yesterday.

I am currently in GA, but my whole family lives in Noble, Ok. I mean my whole family, not just parents, brothers and sisters.

Anyway, I'm watching the weather channel and all of a sudden they cut to Noble and showed a tornado ripping through it. I watch as that tornado ripped my brothers house from the foundation. Literally, the camera was zoomed in as it tore through his house with him and his family in it.

I have been to war several times, but I have never known fear until then. Thankfully they survived, but wow, what a thing to see on live television.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Becoming because: (no reason given)

nope your quite wrong sir...it is about KC
the update to the story is

There were at least four reported tornado touchdowns in Johnson, Jackson and Cass counties, according to authorities.

At 12:22 p.m., the National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill was tracking a confirmed tornado on the ground in Sedalia and was moving to the northeast at 25 mph. A Pettis County sheriff’s department official said at 12:35 p.m. that a tornado was moving through the area as he spoke.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Same...

Just rained again here no significant damage from tornadoes.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

UpDate

LIVE: Tracking Tornadic Storm In Missouri

Chopper 5 tracks a storm cell that is moving out of the Kansas City area to the northeast.

Link to 5 live

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Nope I am quite right sir.

The story that I said wasn't about KC was the one I told in my post.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I'm glad you had a basement to go to..think we ALL need some place that is safer..none may be safe
but some are better than others far as safety is concerned.
You could teach a thing or two about being "cool" during a possible crisis situation.
Want you to be there for me or somebody like me and if the bomb is gonna drop just say.."Hey ol lady,
it's gonna be fine..just wait and see..here have a hot cup of gormet coffee with cream" even if you know
things won't be okay..got it?
going nuts won't save you..knowing what to do and where to go and having a plan for afterwards just might.

new topics

top topics

join