It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HBO's "Too Big to Fail" vs. AJ's "Fall of the Republic"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just got done watching the HBO version of the great bubble burst of '08. Man, what a phenomenal cast!

I was interested in getting the boards' opinion on how they thought the 2 measured up. To me, they were essentially telling the same story [detail-wise], AJ just broke it earlier, and added his typical 'flare' to it. (Should he be given a little more credit?)

The obvious difference came in the form of the event's perceived effect: if you follow AJs version, we are all fools for 'bailing out' those Wall St. 'thieves' but HBO shows us (makes us feel, anyway), that it HAD to happen the way it did, or we'd be way worse off (Bernanke's quote on how it is credit that allows a country's economy to grow and thrive! (well, that, and the fact that a run on the banks, now, would be complete chaos))

Anyway, this movie should be watched by EVERYone, and based on the star-studded cast, it'll slowly make its rounds.

Thoughts?

edit on 5/25/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

And, now I'm watching "Inside Job" - the Charles Ferguson [Oscar nominated] documentary on it.

Unbelievable.

And, no one (relatively speaking) is the wiser.

Man, we are so screwed.

new topics

join