It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient ruins discovered in California.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

At 5:35 - Big giveaway.

There's a house right next to this place. Wonder why they didn't knock on the door and ask questions.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I read somewhere that they found Brendan Frasier frozen in a block of ice there too.

Kidding aside. Cool thread. I like archeology but do not know much more about it than a typical music fan does playing an instrument but I like it. The USA is so devoid of cool old things so that makes it even more exciting. S + F!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Well hey looky there! Google Earth says that is the mine of Fresno, hmm... Type M Copper Underground Past Producer, Western Field Operations Center, Deposit CJM & G V 47,NO 3, July 1951...

The mine is the "run off" area about 1000 feet south of the area on the OP.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD
reply to post by RicoMarston

Either way all the native american stuff I've looked into and learned about had nothing to do with stone structures...most of them were really mobile and the ones in the South West used mud. Nothing like what I saw in that video.

great point, not really typical of N.A. architecture. I think Slayer69 and a couple others have cracked it. Slayer's pic of the spanish fort looks quite similar. either way, it's a big ol' chunk of history and vital to our understanding of our present world. Go History!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

At 5:35 - Big giveaway.

There's a house right next to this place. Wonder why they didn't knock on the door and ask questions.

I have been searching for any articles or video feeds that can explain these ruins better but so far not much is coming up. They mentioned in the video that it has not been reported so why is there no other sources of info on this place then?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
I have been searching for any articles or video feeds that can explain these ruins better but so far not much is coming up. They mentioned in the video that it has not been reported so why is there no other sources of info on this place then?

Because you're looking in the wrong place.

Don't look for videos.

Go to the street maps (as others have done). Check the online property records (not that hard.) The information is there.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Check with the local library; they will have information on local history and better yet they will probably know someone who is knowledgeable about the past of that area.

Check with the nearest University or college that supports an archaeology department and see what they know of the area. Schools often keep lists of sites for future field schools.

People involved with the environment; and if that is a ex-copper mine, it will have a waste dumpage area, will know about the site.

Here is also a website that lists some of the techniques to find sites, look at pre-field search techniques

Pre-field search techniques
edit on 26/5/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

According to Google Earth that was an old Copper Mine name of Fresno. The USGS has records for the claim. Also, there's a road that you probably drove on called East Copper Ave that goes within 1000 feet of that abandon mine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join