It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian diplomat's daughter sues NYC for wrongful arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Indian diplomat's daughter sues NYC for wrongful arrest

www.timesnow.tv

An Indian diplomat's daughter is suing New York City's government for USD 1.5 million for what she claims was a wrongful arrest on the suspicion of sending obscene emails to her teacher in Queens' John Browne High School.

Krittika Biswas, daughter of the vice counsel at Indian Consulate in Manhattan, Debashish Biswas, also claims that she was ill-treated in the prison.

Biswas alleged that she was not allowed to use the bathroom for a long-time when she was in custody at the 107th precinct.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Kritikka, 18, had diplomatic immunity that prevented her from being arrested. But according to the Consulate General, the US authorities informed him that the immunity did not extend to family members of the diplomat. But that's incorrect.

It soon emerged that Biswas did not send the emails and the school authorities eventually allowed her back to the school after the real culprit was found.

It is intriguing why the Chinese student who actually sent the emails wasn't arrested. Are the American authorities so enamored by Chinese that they are beyond the law?

The arrogance of the police is unacceptable. Worse, Biswas said that a cop told her that if she didn't confess, she would have to spend time in prison with prostitutes and persons with HIV. Kritika said that she couldn't drink water from a water fountain because it had another person's vomit, and although it was really cold, she could not use the blanket because it was really dirty.

"I was sitting there (school) with handcuffs on," she said. The handcuffs, she added, were so tight that "they were like a torture device."

Humiliation, intimidation, criminal misconduct and a breach of article 36 of the Vienna Conventions. Is this what the NYPD is all about?

www.timesnow.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hmm this is pretty disturbing. I don't know about 1.5 million worth disturbing, but nonetheless. Hell for 1.5 mil I'd sit handcuffed with no blankets or clean water for as long as you want. However I think a message needs to be sent to authorities abusing their power such as this, so I'm undoubtedly going to agree with her for suing them for as much as possible.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
She should be suing for ten million just for that "people with HIV" line from the cops.

That's not the first time I've heard that crap.

I know there are cops on ATS. So I ask, is it standard procedure or even remotely acceptable to threaten people with HIV exposure? Especially it isn't your job to try and sentence in the first place.

Where do these psychos get their training from? Oh, that's right, other psychos.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And arrest just for sending obscene email? Really? This is complete nuts to ever think to arrest someone for such thing.

Add to spam list wtf

edit on 25/5/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
When one is a cop especially in the NYPD, he becomes God! The all powerful. And arrogant! Thank Heavens these guys don't reflect the ethos of the Americans in general!

edit on 25-5-2011 by ColonelSF because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Here's her video - the story in her own words. Click on the window on the right...

www.timesnow.tv...
edit on 25-5-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

All I can say is take a number take a seat. You aare now in the land of Amerika. The leader and trainer of Police States. Where Judge Dred is becoming a reality (I am the law). Where common sense has been lost to a robot mentality unable to think just act as programed. Where rhetoric is spewed like a audio recording with no true ideology behind it. Welcome to the 21st century in our once great land.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
if america still believes in human rights mainly dignity 2 live ...then americans should do all they can to restore it...this is plain ridiculous..sue their asses girl..all of the guilty..make the guilty get some sense again

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Humiliation, intimidation, criminal misconduct ..... Is this what the NYPD is all about?

The unfortunate answer is YES. Another normal day in NYC.

Cops did what they always do. They act first, and talk later. Way later, after you have signed the confession papers.

They are all attitude and ego with a legal loaded gun, radio and lots of guys (and gals) in their club. Sounds like a street gang. Not much difference.

Deplorable.

-E2

join