It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Survival Video: Group Saved In Gas Station Beer Cooler During MO F5 Tornado!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

I sure hope your next post could be something besides a repeat of your last two posts,
which were identical.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I just wanted to ask the question to both people and knew that replying to their posts individualy was the best way to get a response

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

I figured someone would eventually have to take exception to their invoking Jesus and God and all that.

If you were in a situation where you knew you could be killed in a matter of seconds, and everything around you was being destroyed in a loud cacophony, I doubt you would be pondering those kinds of philosophical issues.

I'm not a Christian myself, but I don't think we're the only intelligence in the universe by any means, and I've found myself invoking angels and those kinds of things before when in stressful situations. It's almost like instinct. You're helpless but your first instinct is to call for help anyway, no matter who or what may or may not hear your call.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wow this is pretty uplifting. I have been in a few life or death situations and I have never heard somebody's reaction be "I love everyone". Kind of made me reflect on my own values.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
wow! it is amazing.
the cooler they where in had one side rip’t out
and it was all most collapsing.
a miracle they got out.
some on was cut! you could see a little blood.
just where they got out.
I bet he builds his next cooler stronger!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

No I understand what you mean completely, I just mean looking back on it people always seem to say 'wow God was really on our side' or something and I always think well if God truely was then surely he wouldnt have allowed such chaos to happen!

I always find it odd the argument that God aparently gave us free will and allows us to live our lives without interferance. But then I wonder why people who believe that would pray as they dont believe divine intervention can take place as that would be interfering. It interests me because even though from a young age I havent been religious (although I do believe in some higher spiritual power) I have when I was younger preyed during a time where I was really scared and always like discussing this as at the time I was confused why I did. I guess it was a last ditch attempt and I though that I had nothing to loose so I might as well try.

I just believe if God does exist then he truely doesnt interfere at all, otherwise why is there such apauling suffering taking place every single day all over the world? Him being our 'father' I have no idea how this could be tolerated by him at all. So when you consider akll the suffering that takes place you must assume that God just plain doesnt interfere and when surviving an event like this it is simply down to luck, because if it was God who saved these people then surely he would save all the other people in such dire circumstances as well?

Many Christians believe this as well (that God does not interfere in our affairs) and this just makes me wonder what the point in prayer in a situation like this would be. That was just my point of interest, but I think you have answered it for me and indeed I have answered it myself from my own experience, which is when we are placed in such a situation where we feel helpless praying is at least something we can do to occupy ourselves and feel like we are doing something that might possibly work in our favour.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hyperion.martin

I thought they said 'I love you'? If the worst did happen that would truely be heartwarming knowing that their last words were that. If I ever find myself in a similar situation with my loved ones I will definately tell them that I love them.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
That video gave me chills and a lump in my throat, hearing the reaction of those people believing they were about to die. Worst of all was hearing how terrified those poor kids were.

It makes you reflect on those that weren't so lucky.

Stay safe anyone in areas where there are reports of them touching down.

edit on 25-5-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I live in Tuscaloosa AL and have spoke with several people who survived the tornado here. I always hear the stress and fear as they are telling their stories. As much as I would feel for them and as much as they are trying to get across the terrifying ordeal, I was not grasping "it". I know I have a better understanding now. I could not help but relate their experience to all those at ground zero in Tuscaloosa. The video is intense. I am still shaking from all the emotions. I am so sorry for all those in Joplin. Just hold on to "today was better than yesterday and tomorrow will be better than today. One step at a time the survivors in Alabama are walking with you. God Bless

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The first video is a hoax,any and every body can make a video with the lights off screaming,what a joke!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The local news caster in my area said the tornado cut a half mile by six mile swath through the center of Joplin.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

The first video is a hoax,any and every body can make a video with the lights off screaming,what a joke!

I wasn't aware that it was a hoax, the young men who where there were interviewed on TV in Joplin, Who told you it was a hoax?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I played with the brightness and contrast a little bit. The small amount of video data that was there is now visible through some of the video.

I hope you will reconsider your position after viewing this copy.

Admittedly much of it is still dark,
but there is enough there to get glimpses of the reality.

David Grouchy
edit on 25-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

I played with the brightness and contrast a little bit. The small amount of video data that was there is now visible through some of the video.

I hope you will reconsider your position after viewing this copy.

Admittedly much of it is still dark,
but there is enough there to get glimpses of the reality.

David Grouchy
edit on 25-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

I cant reconsider because its not conclusive enough,so there for to me its a hoax.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Thank you for posting this,.
We had a tornado miss us by a 1/4 mile last year,. the town however was hit hard.
I do have a basement, Plan on building a enclosed steel room this summer for peace of mind.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hyperion.martin
Wow this is pretty uplifting. I have been in a few life or death situations and I have never heard somebody's reaction be "I love everyone". Kind of made me reflect on my own values.

Thanks for your comments, this had the same effect on me too.
I wont forget the words they called out, they set a great example for everyone!
edit on 25-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

You state it IS a Hoax. Where is your proof beyond, well it's very dark so it must be. The power was out, they were inside with heavy storm clouds outside.

Not a hoax imo.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
glad everyones ok but why did they leave all the beer behind

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsaken421
glad everyones ok but why did they leave all the beer behind

Cause that would be looting?

David Grouchy

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I am so glad you posted this, I thought about it, but I haven't posted a thread yet and didn't know where to put it and all that!! Anyways Yeah crazy I seen this on CNN and was so shocked, but just think how we react when faced with such situations, I love how everyone was chanting "I love you guys" and how we come together in dire situations...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join