It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Local Matters. What's happening where you are?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
A lot of us only generally talk about conspiracies or things that are happening globally and we miss the smaller details of what is happening closer to home.

Is there something strange or weird happening in your local area that has not made international news, if so please let us hear it, by putting our local news together maybe we can join the dots.

I am from the North east of England and there have been a massive spate of fires in this last month (May) I am not talking house fires or bin fires I am talking massive fires that reach the news, I have put below some links to just a few of the bigger fires that have been happening around the North of England.

These fires are being reported by news but they are never said what is the cause, and in case your not from Northern England or from further afield it is a very cold place here, we do not generally have big fires maybe 1 ever few years, there has literally been about 40 in the last month.

Some links to the fires.

Massive Fire in Newcastle link and Images

Byker

Sunderland[/ur l]

[url=http://www.loughboroughecho.net/news/loughborough-news/2011/05/03/fire-wreaks-havoc-on-loughborough-residents-and-businesses-73871-28628409/]Loug hbrough

York shire

The Gaurdien Newspaper

BBC News Report

edit on 25-5-2011 by DEV1L79 because: link didn't work

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I live in Manitoba, we've been hit with the "300 year flood" en.wikipedia.org..., the water is slowly receding in the Assiniboia but forecasters are predicting that we may have this water plague us into summer. That means a lot of crops; grains and vegatables won't be sown this spring. This only adds to the worlds ongoing food crisis as Manitoba is one of the leading world growers for canola, flax, sunflower seeds and potatos.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Over half a million Massholes are staging along the southern border getting ready to invade for the holiday weekend.

I hate them so much.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Our small town on the Montana/Wyoming state line is flooding pretty badly in some areas, and because the Billings Q2 news is the closest local news provider, I have got to hear a ton about the flooding in Billings too.

Billings is actually reporting that they have got more rain this month that they normally do in an entire year...well over 8" total for the month.

Also mentionable I suppose, the interstate North of here has been flooded over and traffic has been re-routed through the mountains, along with the rail systems in our local area. It's a mess.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
pretty epic over here, with the exception of most of the east and west coasts of the US, the west half of the gulf and northern mexico arent doing too good.

wildfiretoday.com... smoke as of May 20th

www.gosanangelo.com... as of May 25th

www.mnn.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Over half a million Massholes are staging along the southern border getting ready to invade for the holiday weekend.

I hate them so much.

Hey, since when is it wrong to want to get s**t faced tax-free?
I lived very near the NH border most of my life and we, every weekend without fail, crossed over for our booze.
And come July, our fireworks.

I wish I was close now. I'd still be doing it. Stupid taxes. LOL

On topic: Here in SC, It's hot. Hot and sunny. Hot, sunny and humid with a sprinkle of bad thunderstorms, chance of a tornado and some hail once in a while. You can mark that on the calendar until at least October.
edit on 25-5-2011 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Partying because the weather is good.

But it randomly changes within a few minutes. So yeah.

top topics

join