It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the youtube cop videos are about bad ones where are the videos of the good cops?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The LEOs on the forum constantly point out that the youtube videos we see are the low end of a bell curve.

In the interest of fairness

Can everyone here post their links to the upper end videos of LEOs dooing good deeds. (With the exception of 911 videos- if you have to go back a decade for proof of a good deed.....) A LEO saving a life is just as worthy of someone taking a cell phone video and posting on youtube as a vicious beating. So where are all those videos?.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
When can a cop save a life? They always show up after the crime has been committed.

The closest I can think of is a cop drawing his weapon on a man threatening suicide.

You know, "stop trying to kill yourself or I'll shoot!"

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

They are there, you just have to search right
go to google and type this in the search bar
cop rescues site:youtube.com
the first one in the list i got was for april this year

Police Officer Rescues Elderly Woman From ...
3 min - 23 Apr 2011 - Uploaded by ModestoNews
Footage of a heroic rescue of an elderly woman from a burning building by Modesto Police officer Larry Meyer who was first on the ...

and this one

edit on 25-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
There are more citizen hero stories and videos out there than there are police hero stories. A firefighter saves far more lives hands on than police. The police are not there to "protect you", they are code enforcement officials. It's not the 1950s anymore Dorothy.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
but isnt their job? should we start a thread on where are all the good McDonalds employee's? No because we expect them to do their job, same with the cops...what we dont expect is them killing innocent people. Just like we dont expect McDonalds cashier to kill some of their customers...

Nuff said

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Here's a cute one.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

A McDonald employee is more like Dr. Kevorkian. Assisted suicide.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Personally i would suggest that for every bad deed a LEO does it cancels out a dozen good deeds.
Thats why i would also suggest when a LEO abuses his rights and or breaks the law he should automatically be given double the sentence or fine than what an average citizen would be given.

edit on 25-5-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

No police are more law enforcement
fire and rescue jumps to mind..
or dedicated services
en.wikipedia.org...

In the US there are many organizations with SAR responsibilities at the national, state and local level.
In January 2008, the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released the National Response Framework which, serves as the guiding document for a federal response during a national emergency. Search and Rescue is divided into 4 primary elements, while assigning a federal agency with the lead role for each of the 4 elements.[100]
Structural Collapse-USAR: Department of Homeland Security Federal Emergency Management Agency
Waterborne: United States Coast Guard, United States Coast Guard Auxiliary
Inland-wilderness: United States Department of Interior, National Park Service
Aeronautical: United States Air Force Rescue Coordination Center, Civil Air Patrol, United States Air Force Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Service, US Navy (secondary missions for helicopter squadrons)
In the US SAR standards are developed primarily by ASTM International and the US NFPA which are then used by organizations such as the Mountain Rescue Association (MRA), the US National Association of Search and Rescue (NASAR), and the US NFPA to develop training that will meet or exceed those standards.[101] Within ASTM International, most standards of relevance to SAR are developed by Committee F32 on Search and Rescue. Formed in 1988, the committee had 85 current members and jurisdiction of 38 approved standards.[101]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The reason why there are not many vids of good deeds from cops or anyone as often as the bad vids is because most people like to see bad # happen.

Not everyone, but some just want to see how much over the top things they can see online and with many thats their only purpose of even signing on.

If you look hard enough for anything you will find it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Aaahahahahaha! OMG... Good one. That was funny. "Good cop" videos. Rofl. I gotta tell that one to the girls at work.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Go to www.officer.com to the media center (here)

www.officer.com...

For the cop liker and hater in you all, the site has a lot that you may find interesting.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Cops are[snip]. They aren't here for us anymore, only themselves. They pride themselves on being complete assholes to the general public.. They are first responders that don't do ANYTHING to help hurt people.

Every cop I have ever met has been brain dead and clearly became a cop because they were too stupid for anything else. There isn't any respect for cops or videos of them being good, because they are all [snip]
Cops are like politicians (and most military officers) they only care about making themselves look good, regardless as too how many lives they ruin.
edit on 25-5-2011 by aceto because: grammar nazi

edit on 25-5-2011 by elevatedone because: removed profanity

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
"Cops doing good" videos aren't nearly sensationalistic enough. Also, they present the idea that LEOs can be honest, hard-working decent people. We can't have any of that crazy talk here on ATS, can we?

/TOA

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The very notion that anyone should think "cops are good" and out to "protect you" is absurd. As already stated, they are 'code enforcement officials'. They enforce the law, by whatever means necessary. Enforce compliance, ensure obedience.

That is all.

It is circumstantial that a cop "rescues" someone from a fire, or accident etc. As any person can do this, the only requirements are for someone to be present, and for said person to act. Happens everywhere.

Due to the changing landscape in the political and cultural aspects of America, cops are being scrutinized, because the fast changing policies are making the law enforcement officers very aggressive, callous, and unsuitable for the job they're supposed to be doing. As they are untrained for this changing environment, where they are being militarized and told to believe the world is a threat to cops, in a pseudo-reality of global terror and disgruntled homegrown terrorists hiding behind every mailbox.

The reason there is just oh so much scrutiny and angst on ATS and other places on "bad cops", is because we all want to see it change. We don't hate the people who are cops, we hate how the circumstances have changed, and wish for the decent people with badges, to be ever more decent. Or else it just gets worse. That is all.

You don't see videos and stories about "good people" and heroic situations, as nothing about this needs to discussed or changed, and there isn't much to say about it on a place like ATS, which is all about conspiracies, and the discussion of political, social and economic problems. Should we only allow 'fluff' threads, where we can only post positive rescue stories, where everyone is allowed to give a "thumbs up" or "like", and "good job", to create a new perfect ATS world?

This isn't Facebook, or Yahoo news or something like that.. sorry.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Here is more evidence cops are [snip]people...
www.truecrimereport.com...]True Crime Report
edit on 25-5-2011 by elevatedone because: removed profanity

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Good Cops UK

edit on 103131p://05America/Chicago25 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Two More Good Cops UK

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

Ditto for the evening news and regular people. Where are all the news reports of people behaving well? No, no, we see crime and violence, and bad stuff.

Negative news is bigger news to people. LEO's are not being singled out. They use the very same theories in dealing with "us" in that their bad experiences with criminals make them wary of ALL of us who are not cops, despite the fact that the vast majority of us are normal, law abiding citizens.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Remember that show "COPS"? Most of the time they showed the cops doing good things, but I guess this was when the boys in blue didn't mind being video taped.

I can remember one episode where a young man and woman were pulled over and the cops came to check it out. They were 18 and 19, if I remember correctly, and a cop found a burned joint or roach in the car. He actually made them call their parents since they told the cops that they each lived at home with mom/dad. I couldn't believe it! Two adults and the cops were making them call their mommies to tell them what they were doing! I wish I could find the episode. It was dispicable! I can't remember if they got arrested or not, but I do remember the cop treating them as though they were underage misfits.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join