It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Issue Threat: No Fly Zone for Texas

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
I'll stand corrected there but it was Texas with help from The US Federal Government and The US Military.

Again, no.. It was with the help from US Citizens -- Volunteers such as Davey Crocket... The US Gov and US Mil was NOT involved.

en.wikipedia.org...

Where are you getting these "facts" from anyway?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

And that is why California is broke, and having to cut services to different parts of the of California. It has a budget deficit far larger than a small country and is in far worse economic problems than the rest of the country. If there was ever a thought of a state going bankrupt or having more corruption at all levels of government, it would be the state of California. After all it was the State of California, namely bell, where the entire city government is being charged with fraud. It is really interesting how more and more cities in the State of California are having to declare bankruptcy or is loosing their credit rating, and really funny how the State over all is just having all sorts of problems. And wasn't it Nancy Pelosi that is giving out vouchers out not to mom and pop store, but businesses who do not need to be excused from the health care law? Seems like California is not a good state, and is full of corruption. And the other little thing that you failed to mention, while Chevron is based in California, it is Chevron Stations INC, that is side of the business that sells the gas. Chevron Products Inc is based out of: Texas, the side that makes the gas.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I think he's just trolling you to take the thread off topic.

And succeeding.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

I think he's just trolling you to take the thread off topic.

And succeeding.

you are correct and I fell for it. apologies to the thread.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

reply to post by showintail

The Alamo was the final battle of the Spanish American War where we won.

You should know your history first, then you can twist them to suit your needs.

Tha Alamo was a battle in the TEXAS War for Independance. It wasn't even the last battle.. that was a bit later at San Jacinto.

www.thealamo.org...

Don't come on a thread filled with Texans and try to tell US what our history is.

edit on 5-27-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

I'll stand corrected there but it was Texas with help from The US Federal Government and The US Military.

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,]
................./......................................................,:`^`..]
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........[.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,],.~";/....]
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....]............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........].>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

reply to post by showintail

The Alamo was the final battle of the Spanish American War where we won.

You should know your history first, then you can twist them to suit your needs.

Tha Alamo was a battle in the TEXAS War for Independance. It wasn't even the last battle.. that was a bit later at San Jacinto.

www.thealamo.org...

Don't come on a thread filled with Texans and try to tell US what our history is.

edit on 5-27-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

Now I can respect that
We get a whole text book on Texas history here. Dont know if other states do (there own state of course) but they should. Texas has alot of interesting facts and such. It is legal here to hang a man if he steals your horse, lol.

You have a great weekend. That is sincere, incase it reads as sarcasm

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
Now I can respect that
We get a whole text book on Texas history here. Dont know if other states do (there own state of course) but they should. Texas has alot of interesting facts and such. It is legal here to hang a man if he steals your horse, lol.

You have a great weekend. That is sincere, incase it reads as sarcasm

Indeed a whole year of education on the subject in fact. That may in fact be why Texans are such a proud breed. We see the crap our ancestors put up with to get to where we are and are.

In any case, have a happy holiday weekend to those in the US. Remember that we are supposed to be celebrating the sacrifices made by our armed forces to protect our liberties -- not the scare tactics used to make us happily accept bondage for security. Keep that in mind.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It's unfortunate that Texas caved in on this one, at least for the time being. It's also really sad that states can't seem to override federal law, yet the feds/current administration can decide which federal laws it wants to enforce and which it doesn't, and then sue a state (like Arizona) that decides to have their own law to reinforce federal law.

Personally I've been turned off of flying long before this TSA crap came along; I resolved to avoid it at all costs when it dawned on me that the airlines treat their human cargo worse than veal calves much of the time. When animals are stuffed into tiny cages for long periods of time and not given adequate food, water and ventilation, animal rights advocates cry foul. But airlines have been doing that to people for years now, and worse yet you now get fondled before being crammed into that sardine can. You might avoid some of the inhumane conditions if you can pony up for business class, but apparently that doesn't help you avoid the heavy-duty pat downs. Honestly I don't know why anyone who doesn't absolutely need to fly (meaning fly on commercial airlines) would do so. I remember the day when flying was cool and fun in and of itself, way back when I was a child. Not so anymore. My mom and I were talking about going on an Alaskan cruise one day, and all the while figuring out how we would get to the west coast WITHOUT getting on a plane. I don't care if I have to save up and take three weeks off to do it, but either I'm driving or taking trains (or a combo of both) or I'm not going. Of course, if they start doing this groping stuff on trains then I'll just plan on motoring the whole way cross country and back, gas prices be damned.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Amen. And if you are not "religous", I was taught amen meant, let it be so. Happy memorial, remember them with happiness and be thankful

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I certainly hope that the Texas legislators vote from a Texas standpoint and don't let the feds coerce them.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT !!!

Here's how Texas legislators vote:

www.youtube.com...

fraud, scam, and corruption

its all about integrity! (may that ring in your ears)

right,

Sri Oracle
edit on 28-5-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
they made their point....too much commerce(money) flows into Texas by air....they made obama look bad so thats ok

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by showintail

Amen. And if you are not "religous", I was taught amen meant, let it be so. Happy memorial, remember them with happiness and be thankful

Texas should stand by what it original meant. 10th Amendment is for just that.

As for "amen" it is a tribute to Amon Ra, no matter how you say it, Omen, Amen, Omon, Amon, it is all a tribute to the pharoah king and his minions. I don't believe it but have been told that hundreds of times by different people. Somehow the vibratory energy gives the elite power? I personally think it is bull but who knows for sure?

I will NEVER say it though, I just say thanks.

And people REALLY need to understand the DIFFERENCES between the "U.S." and the 50 union states of AMERICA or the united states of America, the U.S.A. They are 2 VERY DIFFERENT countries and entities. Each state is a seperate and DISTINCT country in relation to the "U.S." And that is why the 10th Amendment is there and why we have a governor which is the "president" of the state/country and a legislature. Each state is a seperate and DISTINCT country to one another. The public fool system has been teach BS for over 200 years. THAT is why they want to do away with home schooling, more people are learning the truth and teaching it to the kids. I am as much as I can.

The Citizens of Texas should all stand together and flip off the Federal government enmass!!!! I would love a picture of that!!!!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This thread is funny everyone knows the Bush family is from Texas right? The state isn't exactly going against the grain it's carving it.
edit on 30-5-2011 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

So in other words...

If the TSA isn't allowed to take your clothes off in front of other commuters, fondel your Breasts/Penis/Vagina or whatever, stick their fingers up your rear end and give it a little tickle....

Nobody will be allowed to fly in Texas?

Well Gee where's the fun in flying anymore...lol Those Texans are party-poopers..

edit on 5/30/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ezwip
This thread is funny everyone knows the Bush family is from Texas right? The state isn't exactly going against the grain it's carving it.
edit on 30-5-2011 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

GWB is NOT from texas, he just happens to live there

George Walker Bush was born in New Haven, Connecticut at Grace-New Haven Hospital (now Yale – New Haven Hospital), on July 6, 1946

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Fair enough but I think it is far fetch to believe Texas is going to pull out.
edit on 1-6-2011 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

How about another link besides 'tenthamendmentcenter' ?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but appearantly this issue has opened up again.

At Perry's behest, state lawmakers will take up the so-called anti-groping measure targeting airport security screeners during their ongoing special session. The federal government has threatened to cancel flights if it passes.

KPRC

I don't know if this is being done just to boost Perry, since it seems likely he will make a presidential run, or not. I guess we just wait and see if anything comes of it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Believe me, you're instincts are on the money. The executions of these policies are not just 'stupid and invasive' they are patently indefensible. I would wonder if they were set up just for the purpose of giving the politicians something inconsequential and unnecessary with which to play 'political theater.'

Perry will have little trouble appearing heroic over his criticism of the TSA.

It may have been intended for that purpose, because eventually, someone will see a senator or congressperson getting onto a commercial flight without the harassment the serfs have to endure, and the equal treatment backlash will burn down the emotional currency 'fighting terror' gives them.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join