It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Issue Threat: No Fly Zone for Texas

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

You are right, these rules are not Constitutional.
But the person you respond to is not brainwashed, he just knows there is no Constitutional right to fly.
And your rights end where mine begin, get it?
This is not a Constitutional thing, the tsa requires you surrender your right under authority of the ones who own the planes.
If you choose not to give up your right you do not have to fly, as you have no right to fly.
Corporations have rights too as they are persons legally, your rights end where theirs begin.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Game ON!

It is time to make a stand.

To hell with the inept Federal Government.

They knew 911 was going to happen and let it happen, and that's a damn fact!

The let it happen to secure the health of the military industrial complex, another FACT.

And now they want to restrict our freedoms?

To HELL with the Federal Government!

The people of Texas have spoken. D.C. can go to hell.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The federal government's utter lack of respect for the constitution tells me that the proverbial #e is going to hit the fan much sooner than later.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
To quote one of our nations greatest:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

It is disturbing to read how many have become conditioned to accept these types of violations by our government.
I guess I have to remember that many of the young ones on ATS might have only been between the ages of 5-10 years old when 9/11 happened. Maybe they don't know anything more than fear and the belief that the gorvernment is going to make everything all better for them.

I hope they open their eyes soon.

Wake up kiddos!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well this thread just blew my pretty-good-so-far day. I was following HB1937, even have it on a sticky note on my monitor at work, but I had no idea this had happened. I am in a state of anxiety over the TSA and their pat-downs. I am 34 years old and flying out of Houston in two weeks with a 9 year old and 20 month old. What if they pick me for their "enhanced pat-down"? Lord knows I'm not going into their scanner and neither will my children. So, what do I do? My sister-in-law, that I am going to go visit in Virginia Beach, thinks that my fears are unfounded and that anyone should be compliant in the pat down if it means finding a terrorist and keeping them off the plane. I have an answer to that and it's called profiling! People need to stop bending over and letting their Uncle Sam sodomize them whenever he wants to.
So, hopefully I will have a mostly uneventful trip, but you never know... Might see me in the headlines..

Texas Legislature Online - HB1937
As of today it is not again placed on the intent calendar, hopefully that changes soon..
edit on 25-5-2011 by christine76 because: added history of the bill

link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by cloaked4u

You my friend. Wow. Either not serious, a troll, completely brainwashed or not firing on all cylinders. I have yet to decide. But to give you the benefit of the doubt, I will assume you are joking/trolling here and if so hurrhurr very funny.

So, if someone thinks or loves their country they are brainwashed. Also, since i believe that people need this kind of law , i am a TROLL. Now you figure, I want all terrorists OUT, if they have to strip them all down with a body scanner, WHO CARES. My plane will not be running into a building like on 9/11. So, OK. i am now CRAZY right? Not likely.

link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by armtx

DFW is the second largest IT and Technology zone in the US. We are rivaled only by Silicon Valley. A large chunk of the Fortune 500 has it's headquarters here.

I think we can manage without depending on IOUs from a corrupted and broken federal government.

Don't forget about Austin, they are growing in leaps and bounds!

link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Just look up 18 USC s880 Extortion , plain and simple. The Federal Government has NO JURISDICTION and the people of Texas should rally and tell them to FECK OFF!! The Sheriff in EVERY county should be at the local airport and ARREST the TSA workers who attempt illegal searches and siezures of personal property. Our natural born rights have been trampled enough, time to REMOVE these idiots from office!!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

You are right, these rules are not Constitutional.
But the person you respond to is not brainwashed, he just knows there is no Constitutional right to fly.
And your rights end where mine begin, get it?
This is not a Constitutional thing, the tsa requires you surrender your right under authority of the ones who own the planes.
If you choose not to give up your right you do not have to fly, as you have no right to fly.
Corporations have rights too as they are persons legally, your rights end where theirs begin.

WRONG, when you purchase a ticket for the plane ride, YOU have all the Jurisdiction in the world and the airlines is limited. YOU are PAYING for the opportunity and NOT the privilege of travel, no different than a taxi cab. The airline, if they want to stay in business would do well to understand transactions, you buy a pass and that pass LIMITS the ability of the airline to illegally search and sieze personal property. Common Law and NOT commercial law, you are not a corporate entity therefore no corporate contract exists and the airline has NO RIGHT unless we agree. NO CONSENT.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Texas needs to know the US of A bombs the snip outta oil-rich desert regions full of religious fanatics.

All I have to say is...

bless your heart

For those in the "know" know what I mean

And yes I am a Yellow Rose that calls Texas home.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Remove idiots from office. Who are you talking about? They make laws to protect and defend this good country of ours. You need to go outside and blow off steam. While you are out there put on a happy smile for good ole uncle sam. Show your patriotism, like the bill.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
why do I sense an airline false flag attack
in the works just so TPTB can say

SEE we told ya

look out for the false flag

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

I would love to see one of the states put the fed gov back in its place.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignoramusmaximus
reply to post by daddio

I would love to see one of the states put the fed gov back in its place.

i'd like to see all of them do it
2nd

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This wont happen, If you honestly think of this outcome of this it would be total mayhem. Very unprobable.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by STONEcoleD
This wont happen, If you honestly think of this outcome of this it would be total mayhem. Very unprobable.

mayhem starts revolutions.

look at Boston Mass and the murder
of Colonist by the Brits in the streets
kicked off Paul Revere's ride.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by cloaked4u

So long story short, to you, personal rights and freedoms, and the Constitution mean absolutely nothing, so long as the government keeps you safe?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 5/25/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by STONEcoleD

If it doesn't happen, it will be because too many people like you, cowered in their basements, praying for the Feds to leave them alone.

Grow a damn backbone.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Buni, thanks for sharing that TSA Blog link. By far, the comments are anti-TSA. I am proud of each and every one of them for speaking out! There were a few comments, imo, that bear repeating:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The TSA is purposely inflaming the public in order to offer a biometric national ID card as the solution. Just look at the public statements DHS and TSA officials about "trusted travelers" and getting beyond "cookie cutter" approach.

They created the problem, and now will offer a "solution". The biometric national ID card would be rejected out of hand before this power grab by the TSA. I'm afraid most people will accept getting a palm scan or retinal scan matched to a federal ID database just to avoid being groped. Don't fall for it. Enough is enough.

May 15, 2011 1:23 PM

---AND---
What Alexander Hamilton said about the supremacy clause:

"Well, the Supremacy Clause of the U.S. Constitution (Article. VI. Clause 2) prevents states from regulating the federal government." (FALSE)

Texas is essentially nullifying an unconstitutional law. The Supremacy Clause does not give the Federal Government the power to do anything not specifically enumerated. I'll let Alexander Hamilton explain this to you in Federalist #33:

"But it will not follow from this doctrine that acts of the large society which are not pursuant to its constitutional powers, but which are invasions of the residuary authorities of the smaller societies, will become the supreme law of the land. These will be merely acts of usurpation, and will deserve to be treated as such. Hence we perceive that the clause which declares the supremacy of the laws of the Union, like the one we have just before considered, only declares a truth, which flows immediately and necessarily from the institution of a federal government. It will not, I presume, have escaped observation, that it expressly confines this supremacy to laws made pursuant to the Constitution; which I mention merely as an instance of caution in the convention; since that limitation would have been to be understood, though it had not been expressed."
SNIP
May 15, 2011 1:41 PM

---AND---

Fact: No one is exempt. Everyone is subject to the same screening.

Liar. Name the last time a member of the House or Senate was screened. Name the last time that GWB was screened.

May 15, 2011 1:46 PM

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I was telling a few colleagues to check this out though when they went to confirm they couldn't find it mentioned on the mainstream anywhere.

Do you guys reckon that the news will break tomorrow?

Why isn't this considered breaking news on the likes of CNN and SKY? Yes, I get that the mainstream subverts and suppresses but is this not considered a big deal in America?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join