It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Issue Threat: No Fly Zone for Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Oh and this bill was just about to pass

www.texastribune.org...

Realizing he ultimately did not have the votesl, Patrick decided to withdraw the bill, but not before making his passion for state autonomy known: “There was a time in this state, there was a time in our history, where we stood up to the federal government and we did not cower to rules and policies that invaded the privacy of Texans.”

Then the story gets worse....

After the bill was withdrawn, senators approached state Rep. David Simpson, R-Longview, the House author of the bill, who was watching from the Senate rail. They said they were looking for a way to delay the effective date of the bill (which otherwise would be immediate) to prevent the federal government from closing Texas airports.

and worse....

Mike Walz, a spokesman for Dewhurst, said that while Hinojosa was voicing his concerns, Sen. Kirk Watson, D-Austin, approached Dewhurst at the podium with a list of 12 senators who had withdrawn support of the bill in light of the threat to close airports or cancel flights. He said Dewhurst saw the letter from the U.S. attorney earlier today but believed the Senate had enough votes to pass the bill when he brought it onto the floor.

What *%(%**)(!?!?!? Are they just gonna roll over and take it even thought they have enough to pass it?!?!? Jeez guys, I mean come on! Seriously!

“Our law abiding citizens should not be subjected to invasive searches that are embarrassing and humiliating,” Patrick said. "Our country is saying there’s too much federal government in our lives, and this was a chance for Texas to take the lead and probably change the policy of TSA, because does anyone think that they’re really going to close down all the airports tomorrow?”

edit on 25-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yet again the criminal Federal government is trampling on the rights of citizens to life, liberty and property. The can freely enter your home, seize your assets, stick their hand down your pants, and imprison you without so much as a how do you do. They are no more or less than the mafia, Zetas, or Yakuza, and flaunt their power while smiling and telling us "it's for you own good".

I'd like to see a representative from the Progressive Lovers Anonymous on ATS to tell us how wonderful our President and his thugs are and how we're all a bunch of backwards-thinking rednecks for not accepting being herd animals.

/TOA

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Full text of the DO Blackmail letter here: www.lonestarreport.org...

May 24, 2011

[On U.S. Department of Justice, Western District of Texas, stationery. Addressed to Speaker Joe Straus, Dewhurst, the House Clerk and the Senate Secretary]

Dear Leaders,

I write with regard to HB 1937, which I understand will imminently be presented to the Texas Senate for a vote.

This office, as well as the Southern, Northern, and Eastern District of Texas United States Attorneys, would like to advise you of the significant leagal and practical problems that will be created if the bill becomes law. As you are no doubt aware, the bill makes it a crime for a federal transportation official ("TSO") to perform the security screening that he or she is authorized and required by federal law to perform. The proposed legislation would make it unlawful for a federal agent such as a TSO to perform certain specified searches for the purpose of granting access to a publicly accessible building or form of transportation. That provision would thus criminalize searches that are required under federal regulations in order to ensure the safety of the American public. The legislation also makes it a crime for a public servant, as defined by the bill, to deny or impede another person in the excercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege, knowing that the public servant's conduct is unlawful. As a result, it appears the intent of the bill is to preclude a TSO from turning away from the secure area of an airport someone who otherwise would have been subjected to a pat down as a condition of entry.

(more)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I just can't believe this crap anymore. I wonder if a similar letter was delivered to the policy makers in Indiana considering their recent warrantless entry law?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
And on that TSA blog article it is stated that 90% people do not complain about the pat downs. What bs. If you complain you get threatened. If you try to leave the area, they won't let you without the pat down.

This is nuts. I really hope TX fights back. I'm proud of TX for standing up.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I would love to see Texas stand up to this. It would definitely get the MSM’s attention. Mobilize the Texas National Guard and send them to Hood and Bliss to get their vehicles and equipment. I understand that the Regular Army on base would have a problem with that and tensions would ensue. But I doubt that US Soldiers will fire at other US Soldiers. That alone would ratchet up the media attention. I guarantee the Feds would back down.

It could very well be the return of States rights.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I would love to see Texas stand up to this. It would definitely get the MSM’s attention. Mobilize the Texas National Guard and send them to Hood and Bliss to get their vehicles and equipment. I understand that the Regular Army on base would have a problem with that and tensions would ensue. But I doubt that US Soldiers will fire at other US Soldiers. That alone would ratchet up the media attention. I guarantee the Feds would back down.

It could very well be the return of States rights.
That is just what happened in the 1860's. You remember how that ended. The end of states rights.

The feds will fight states rights, armed fighting if necessary....down to the last pawn.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I also want that Texas stands out. We cannot be submitted. In democracy, the people has the power.
Lol, the last sentence makes no sence nowadays.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I have no words to say.

I am fuming mad

Pussy ass state reps.

Especially mine (Hinojosa) arguing against the law. I hate my reps with a passion, but they are stuck there because I am surrounded by idiots.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
What *%(%**)(!?!?!? Are they just gonna roll over and take it even thought they have enough to pass it?!?!? Jeez guys, I mean come on! Seriously!
They can pass it if they want to, but they had to make a choice.

Do they want to pass the bill and risk airports closing, or do they want to drop the bill and keep the airports open?

They chose the latter, but they still have that choice.

Life is about choices. Apparently the option of passing the bill and keeping the airports open was not one of the choices offered to them.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling
And on that TSA blog article it is stated that 90% people do not complain about the pat downs. What bs. If you complain you get threatened. If you try to leave the area, they won't let you without the pat down.

This is nuts. I really hope TX fights back. I'm proud of TX for standing up.

Really doesn't matter if they complain or not. Until they are prepared to stop flying all together it won't matter. If people just stopped buying plane tickes for one week on all major airlines the point would be made clear. However that will never happen as people would just rather complain and deal with it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Incorrect.

The choice was to have liberty and rights, or to not have liberty and rights.

They chose the latter.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I heard about this and wrote an article about it about 20 minutes ago, glad to see it's been brought up here already.

In case anyone is interested, the bill actually proposes that the following would become criminal for public servants (including federal agents);

(1) While acting under color of the person’s office or employment:

(A) Intentionally subjects another person to mistreatment or to arrest, detention, search, seizure, dispossession, assessment, or lien that the actor knows is unlawful;

(B) Intentionally denies or impedes another person in the exercise or enjoyment of any right,privilege, power, or immunity, knowing the actor ’s conduct is unlawful; or

(C) Intentionally subjects another person to sexual harassment; or

(2) While acting under color of the person ’s office or employment without probable cause to believe the other person committed an offense:

(A) Performs a search for the purpose of granting access to a publicly accessible building or form of transportation;and

(B) Intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly:

(i) Touches the anus, sexual organ,buttocks, or breast of the other person, including touching through clothing; or

(ii) Touches the other person in a manner that would be offensive to a reasonable person.

This is an atrocious act by the Federal government. The legislation reaffirms our Fourth Amendment rights and protects citizens for sexual harassment, something the rest of us would go to jail for - the Department of Justice says this will get in the way of agents performing their duties?!

If the duties of Federal agents need to violate our rights, maybe something should be done against them. Fascist America

edit on 5/25/2011 by Konah because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/25/2011 by Konah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Texas should ignore the threat and continue its path. If their air-space gets shut down, people will be very interested to know why. At what point, people can wake up and realize they're hands are tied behind their backs.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Konah

It was basically the "Without Probable Cause" bit that they are hinging on. That puts an end to all "enhanced" pat downs. Although I found it interesting that the letter from the DOJ spend more effort on the idea that the TSO is doing something that they know to be illegal... That implies a lot about their training and intent.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Simply put, the TSA (i.e. Federal Government) just said that unless we have full authority to sexually molest anyone we chose, we will lock down your State. The original bill still allowed genital screenings as long as there was probable cause for alarm. By saying this isn't good enough, the TSA is admitting they only seek such power to not protect, but to harm.

While I understand the complete lack of apathy of our culture that has allowed this to get so bad, this issue has now crossed the line. The Federal Government is openly saying that they are sexual predators and if you don't consent to their abuse, they will further retaliate against you. Why are people not in the streets? If not in D.C., then at least in Texas where local government has said, "We don't like it, but we'll support this crime as long as we get our kickbacks (i.e. campaign contributions)."

A sad day.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
WOW! this is a first! so basicall, the FED is issuing a non declared form of war with texas then..wow imagine that.our government treating texas, a state, as a foreign problem.. good lord, now i know we are in trouble..and the new world order is coming. things like this happen, its part of it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by Konah

It was basically the "Without Probable Cause" bit that they are hinging on. That puts an end to all "enhanced" pat downs. Although I found it interesting that the letter from the DOJ spend more effort on the idea that the TSO is doing something that they know to be illegal... That implies a lot about their training and intent.

That it does, I abhor it.

And of course the DoJ is pissed about that part, it would cause the Federal agents to actually abide by the law. Over the past decade the 4th Amendment has all but disappeared, to the point where now the Department of Justice does not recognize it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
TSA sould be dismantled and a cemetray built on its place. or a landfill ir even better..a brand spanking new toxic waste dump site. its taxpayers money paying for it..i think wede have the right too say so.
Whod ever imagine, in the land of the free, america, its own government would abuse its own citizens. well it has since it was formed, 200 years ago, in different variations..blacks were slaves in the south, as an example. But at least they did have strong political voices, and the freedom to make change in time..in america, yuo gotta fight for waht yuo want. todays standards, if yuo fight for those changes,..they will come for you, ttazer you, and put you in federal prison for 20 years. seems rather dictatorshipish.
my question is..why has TSA been doing this whole groping thing now? seems to me, shoulda started if our government realy cared about national security, back after september 11, 2001. no they watied nearly 10 years. somethings DEF wrong with that. feeling up babys kids and grown ups, for possible bombs...but not hte al quiada..bet the CIA is working with al quida gives em special treatment too probably, boasting on what thier doing to us. yuor supposed to be..innocent till proven guilty..thats why lawyers are thier. nowadays, its like yuor guilty, and need that lawyer to make sure you wont be unfailry incarcerated! god our govenment must be laoded up on some serious coc aine when passing laws or something.
so much for truth honest and freedom the american way..no thanks to CEO's, corporations, and FED.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It's past time to start arresting these TSA employees for these violations.

If our state public servants don't stand up for us I'll look forward to hearing about lynch mobs taking the TSA out of the airports and holding public trials and sentencing on the same day.

The Feds also sent a threatening letter to our Governor here in Washington about going after our state for medical marijuana dispensaries.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join