It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Issue Threat: No Fly Zone for Texas

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This is an issue that should have been debated DECADES ago. The Fed govt has been blackmailing the states for a long time, as in, withholding Federal money unless the states do what they want. Fact is, this issue IS one of the few the Fed govt is supposed to regulate, INTERSTATE COMMERCE.

This is merely a drop in the bucket, a distraction to keep you from thinking about the important stuff. As a delivery captain, I bet I have been on more flights, and more international flights, than all of you put together. This bull# has been going on a long time, it's just slowly getting ratcheted tighter and tighter. Most people STILL don't get it. Last time I was in the US, three years ago, and in Atlanta airport as we stood in three hours of lines to let some high school dropout morons decide if I am a possible terrorist or not, I heard at least three people say words to the effect of, "If it keeps us safe from the terrorists, I'm all for it," without any prompting. This was before the full body scanners were in effect, before any fake "terrorists" had been allowed on planes to try and light their underwear on fire, or explode their shoes.

Though this cloaked4u guy is merely trolling, thinking it's funny, he is expressing the actual attitude that at least 90 percent of the people have. If it was really put to a popular vote, most people would vote for this and more. This is why democracy is bull#, it is mob rule, and the mob are a bunch of idiots who should not be allowed to vote on anything. Do you think it's right to let idiots rule on what should and should not be done?

THERE ARE NO SUCH THING AS TERRORISTS. It is all false flag stuff. If you discount 911, there has NEVER been any type of "terrorist attack" in the US, EVER. No planes have been highjacked in any way in over twenty years. Only the VERY FIRST airplane highjacking was successful. Even the idiots know that it doesn't work out in any way, it will just end in a bloodbath. The Achille Lauro was the last real highjacking, if it even was real, and it didn't work out for anyone. But the sheeple don't get it.

Once, before 911 and before it got so extreme, I was getting on a plane with a depthsounder for a boat. This was an epoxy filled transducer the size of several sticks of dynamite, with a long cable coming out of it going to a box with four knobs on it. It really LOOKED like a bomb. When the barely literate airport security guard asked me what it was, and I told him it was a depthfinder for a boat, he just said ok. I wanted to slap him upside the head and say, "DON'T LET ME TAKE THIS ON THE PLANE YOU IDIOT," but of course I didn't.

If there really were such thing as "terrorist masterminds" do you think the TSA barely literate morons could not be outwitted by them? People who can apparently outwit NORAD and the entire biggest military in the world, from caves on the other side of the planet? Do you think they really would then be sending morons on planes with C4 in their underwear and no way to detonate it? Come on, people. The whole thing is a sideshow, a distraction.

This whole thing is just a smokescreen put up by the govt. According to the Constitution, interstate commerce IS one of the few things the Fed govt is supposed to regulate. States cannot fight against this, they will never win. There are a lot more things that should be fought against, this is not one of them. It's a scam to make everyone look the wrong way. Watch what the right hand is doing, while the left is doing the real prestidigitation.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

Originally posted by rogerstigers
reply to post by armtx

DFW is the second largest IT and Technology zone in the US. We are rivaled only by Silicon Valley. A large chunk of the Fortune 500 has it's headquarters here.

I think we can manage without depending on IOUs from a corrupted and broken federal government.

Don't forget about Austin, they are growing in leaps and bounds!

I guess you missed the part about pulling the plug on government jobs?

Keeping Austin "weird" will be the least of your problems if the IRS got the plug pulled on it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I know how Government thinks so trust this. Evidently you are not rooted in common sense, logic and reality as you are trying to cite a source for something that would be painfully obvious. I deal in reality and truth.

Anyone can cite any source they want as most are biased and a huge fraction of that are unreliable or are under the thumb of someone.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by relpobre000

Got nothing to do with funding but how the state's public relations is being seen as and how they view one another. If State A does something so dumb and idiotic States B - Z will look at that state with questioning eyes.
edit on 26-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Got nothing to do with funding but how the state's public relations is being seen as and how they view one another. If State A does something so dumb and idiotic States B - Z will look at that state with questioning eyes.

If you honestly don't think this has anything to do with federal funding and the subservience of the states to the federal government then you don't understand how our system works here.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
all i know is if usa goes against texas

consider me a texan

ill be on my way to texas that moment to help defend freedom

go TEXAS youre the only ones left with balls

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Where is here? This is from a national prespective and the prespective of NJ, NY and CT, even though we share and have mutual airspace we are so widespread and diverse it is not funny and so different. I understand way more about how Gov't works then most people.

Right before the Civil War the North saw the South with questioning eyes like "WTF are they doing?". This has nothing to do with Federal funding.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarist
Every state needs to get on board with shutting down the TSA and defending the 4th and10th amendment.

The FED's using blackmail as a resort to deter Texas from passing a bill is wrong and a terrorist act.

The FED members responsible for the blackmail letter should be tried with treason against the people of the USA in clear violation of the 4th and10th amendments.

The Government has gone rogue from the People, Constitution and Bill of Rights, The current government body should and must be dissolved for their criminal acts against the people and all involved with the treason must be held accountable for their actions.

First and foremost get one part of Governmental terminology and acronyms correct and that is FED refers to The Federal Reserve and The Gov't refers to The US Federal Government.

It is not the Govt causing this but elements and entities who are cozy with FED. All of our Constitutional rights are still intact as they can pass a million laws but it is up to you to accept them. If you had no rights like you claim this website would not exist anymore.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Most of what you just said doesn't make any sense whatsoever. CT, NJ, etc. are all a part of the Union. It's the same principle. The Civil War was, largely, a political power struggle between the federal government and the sovereignty of the South. I think you need to hit the history books because it's true what they say: It tends to repeat itself.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Let me school you on one fact, any light sweet crude extracted today won't be ready for consumption for at least 10 years to purify it to transform it to gasoline and oil so that nullifies this claim.

ExxonMobil is hq'd out of Irving, Texas
Chevron is hq'd out of San Ramon, California - Texaco is a subsidiary.
Amoco is hq'd out of Chicago, Ill!
BP is hq'd in London!
ConocoPhillips is hq'd out of Houston, Texas!
Marathon is hq'd out of Houston, Texas!
Royal Dutch Shell is co hq'd out of The Hauge, Switzerland and London!

Exxon, Conoco and Marathon would collapse if they tried to pull anything.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000

Most of what you just said doesn't make any sense whatsoever. CT, NJ, etc. are all a part of the Union. It's the same principle. The Civil War was, largely, a political power struggle between the federal government and the sovereignty of the South. I think you need to hit the history books because it's true what they say: It tends to repeat itself.

You are too simple minded to understand something as complex as this and should not be participating in a convo of this proportion. You've proven my point with, "Southern Sovereignty" as the South has no right to sovereignty when it violated the basic human rights of African Americans. states do retain sovereign rights yes, but when it interferes or threatens to tear the nation apart the only soveriegnty that matters is that of The United States Of America and that is that.

The entire mantra of the Confederacy was to keep slaves and that was that and when The US Federal Government outlawed slavery and criminalized owning slaves a bunch of rich, white southern plantation owners got together and got a bunch of poor, disinfranchised Southerners to fight their war for them. They used the backwoods people the same way they did the slaves as that would mean that they'd have to start paying their slaves which by orders of the law reclassified them from slaves to employees and that cut into their pocketbooks who treated and saw them both like second class citizens. I know my history it is you who does not so suggest you reread yours.

If they do pop off on some yipyap make no mistake everything will fall on Austin and have every other state looking at them asking "What's good?". We will not target DC or any other state for that matter as you engage the cause for Martial law in America.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

You are too simple minded to understand something as complex as this and should not be participating in a convo of this proportion.

A stunning counter-argument. But seriously, I think you'll want to pick up a history book. Historically when the federal government challenges the sovereignty of a state, such as Texas, bad things happen. But the states have gotten too comfortable taking hand-outs from the federal gov to rock the boat. There's no incentive to stand up against it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You are too simple minded to understand something as complex as this and should not be participating in a convo of this proportion.

A stunning counter-argument. But seriously, I think you'll want to pick up a history book. Historically when the federal government challenges the sovereignty of a state, such as Texas, bad things happen. But the states have gotten too comfortable taking hand-outs from the federal gov to rock the boat. There's no incentive to stand up against it.

Reread my edit and to add, all we gotta do is get The Federal Reserve to put pressure on it's Dallas branch to cut off the funding for both the state and we got them.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"- Unknown

Therefore; this will be my last rebuttal to you, sir. You edited the post to include a simplified middle-school history lesson about the causes of the Civil War? I will, once again, encourage you to read a book or two about the subject.
On topic I say: Good for Texas. If they have the backbone to stand up to the federal government and flex their rights then I think other states should take a page out of their book.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

This comes from the same state that replaced The Founding Fathers with religions figures. So I trust nothing Texas does, NYC, LA, Chicago and DC control so much capital in the nation that the 4 could disable any state at will economically.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Reread my edit and to add, all we gotta do is get The Federal Reserve to put pressure on it's Dallas branch to cut off the funding for both the state and we got them.

Just out of curiosity, who is the WE you are referring to??
2nd

Parker

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Let me school you on one fact, any light sweet crude extracted today won't be ready for consumption for at least 10 years to purify it to transform it to gasoline and oil so that nullifies this claim.

Could you please provide ANY proof that it takes 10 years to refine sweet crude into gasoline??

Are you really attempting to state that we are just now using oil that was extracted in 2001? So, we have 10 years of reserve just sitting around......explains the real low cost of fuel these days. LOL

Parker

edit on 26-5-2011 by ParkerCramer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer

Just out of curiosity, who is the WE you are referring to??
2nd

Parker

We the people and The Federal Government,

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer

Could you please provide ANY proof that it takes 10 years to refine sweet crude into gasoline??

Are you really attempting to state that we are just now using oil that was extracted in 2001? So, we have 10 years of reserve just sitting around......explains the real low cost of fuel these days. LOL

Parker

edit on 26-5-2011 by ParkerCramer because: (no reason given)

When it comes out of the ground it's clumpy and very thick and takes a minimum of 6 months to bring to production then a few months after that and is dependant on the quality and thickness of the crude, geographical and climatic factors as well. Crude itself takes millions of years to form.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
All Airports in America were financed by operating the Airport as it's own entity so they could borrow Trillions to create the airports around the country.

If Texas decided to agree with the Fed's and end air travel in their state all their Airports would fold.

So who was the money borrowed from for all those Airport Bonds?

The Federal Government.

If Texas shut down it's airports the Fed's would lose their rear on those Bonds going under.

Come on Texas....CALL THEIR BLUFF!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join