It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Issue Threat: No Fly Zone for Texas

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
They're gonna push a no fly zone onto a State that has a Governor who is all for succeeding from the Union already?

If Texas splits in response to this sort of thing or some other similar action by the US Government, it would be an economic disaster for the United States.

Expect to see gas over $10 a gallon, and all sorts of other economic ramifications.

If the US Government did something like this, and caused a succession, it would be the first nail in the coffin for the United States.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

And on this I must agree.
And I would most surely join you and the rest of the groundbound.
Death to the tyrants!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
1st Montana and now Texas standing up to the feebies...there are still some balls left in America....somewhere

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I am sure that the idea of seceding from the republic is a showboat idea for the masses.
Politicians are in it for themselves and not the republic, if they were for US, we wouldn't have alot of the problems we do.
But thanks to our politicians we can have this here website chock full of topics everyday!
Long live the republic, long live ATS!

Sorry mods, this place is terribly entertaining but I wish this business didn't have so much business.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You know what's crazy? The stinking bill passed the Texas house with 100% of the votes. But they twisted arms in the senate to block it.

Via Facebook.
Just talked to Dan Patricks office who told me they had 30 votes last night, more than the 21 required, but that Dewhurst went to the senators and terrorized them into not supporting HB 1937.

Protestors try to storm senate

A boisterous group of protesters angry over the Texas Senate’s failure to vote on the airport groping bill tried to enter the public gallery this afternoon and were blocked by state troopers. Shouting “treason” and “cowards” and carrying signs and placards, the group of perhaps as many as 100 people entered the State Capitol shortly after 3 p.m. and first went to the House chamber. There, House members quickly informed the shouting group that it was the Senate that had failed to take action late Tuesday on House Bill 1937, which would have made it a crime for security checkpoint screeners to handle the private parts of anyone they screened. The group then marched to the Senate side of the Capitol and tried to enter the third-floor public gallery. Troopers with arms folded blocked them from entry. They stood outside for several minutes, chanting: “Co-wards, co-wards,” Trea-son, trea-son,” and shouted slogans accusing senators and Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst of being “federal pimps” and “scallawag trash.” They vowed to vote out of office Dewhurst and the senators who opposed passage of the bill.

Go protestors!

I went to the TX State Capitol protest. smiley Most of the lawmakers, staff, and lobbyist looked at the group like we were pure scum. Shook the place up a little though! I have some video. I'll try and figure out how to share it from my phone.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thank you. I see it was the dominatrix that won and the submissive was beat.

America F Yeah! he he.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I am really starting to hope the world does end on 12-21-12. I am sick of this crap. I feel like I am in a bad movie or something. It is way past time to hit the reset button. The world needs to start over. There is no fixing this, it is FUBAR

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Stop flying... that the best way to screw the Feds!

This is true. Three days of absolutely no one flying would create financial havoc. The people have more control in this than they realize. Stop flying and bring them to their knees. But people do not want to deal with the inconvenience this might cause.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

You dont even have to stop flying completely to make a strong point. Pick one or two airlines and boycott them entirely. Fly the others for things you really need to fly for.

After you boycott those one or two for a couple months they will start crying to the government for you, and they will get heard. Once they start lobbying for what you want, switch to them, and boycott the other airlines.

People are just dumb and lazy. It would be so easy to get our government back if only we would unite, and be willing to sacrifice a little.

Everyone cutting off all cable TV and selectively boycotting other industries would turn the tide rather quickly.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

The local news reports where I live have been reporting on the whole situation almost daily. The bill was pulled before the vote because there weren't going to be enough votes to pass it. If the bill had not been pulled and had not been voted into law it could not be introduced again in the future. I am close to several people who fly in and out of Houston on a regular basis and recently only one of them have been subjected to a TSA groping. I am flying in a few weeks and I will try to remember to let you know how it went. I don't believe the state will secede over the whole issue, but Texans never give up without one hum dinger of a fight. It's not that we don't want maximum safety on our flights; it's just that there are other ways to do so without getting all "touchy feely" on everyone. I mean we didn't have planes blowing up in Texas BEFORE they started all of this pat down business- did we?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

On two separate interviews of Napolitano I've seen, she denies TSA is receiving complaints. The Interviewer just gives a strange look and moves on. Even they are afraid of her. They cannot fly, they cannot work.

Even so most Poll as being in favor of the searches, so this is for all intents and purposes a dead issue. Until a majority of voters oppose this, it will remain forever. It's going to be in the Bus Terminals and Train Stations soon, as well as Subways.

I suppose it will end up on State Borders soon, further limiting our movements. Napolitano also stated a new way for frequent fliers was in the works, so they would be pre-screened. That was months ago and she said at the time it would be announced very soon. The interviewer fell for that also. They could easily give out an ID to those who willingly went through a background check to exempt them from airport screening. We all know that. They could use the Passport system already in place and reduce the TSA Agents to pay for it. They won't.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

The only response from the Texas Legislature and Gov. Perry should be Articles of Succession. Period... end of story.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
They're gonna push a no fly zone onto a State that has a Governor who is all for succeeding from the Union already?

If Texas splits in response to this sort of thing or some other similar action by the US Government, it would be an economic disaster for the United States.

Expect to see gas over $10 a gallon, and all sorts of other economic ramifications.

If the US Government did something like this, and caused a succession, it would be the first nail in the coffin for the United States.

I pray for that day

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm glad our gov't is in control of this situation. As star wars would say. Oh i'm sorry, the deathstar will be fully operational, young jedi.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
are you serious??!!

for once, i was like "yay!!" when i read the opening paragraph...then my heart sunk.

guessing they have some dirt on the sponsor.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Texas isn t goin to secede any time soon. This is just political grand-standing, with a fed response in kind.

link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
I'm glad our gov't is in control of this situation. As star wars would say. Oh i'm sorry, the deathstar will be fully operational, young jedi.

Cast:
Emperor: George Soros
Darth Vader: Barack Obama
Luke Skywalker: Alex Jones
Ewok #1: cloaked4u
Moon of Endor: Texas

Is that about right?

link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I am really starting to hope the world does end on 12-21-12. I am sick of this crap. I feel like I am in a bad movie or something. It is way past time to hit the reset button. The world needs to start over. There is no fixing this, it is FUBAR

do do do do, you are now in the twilight zone. Do not attempt to control your t.v set. We will adjust the horizontal and verticle and the sounds you hear. With all the crazy stuff going on here, i'm glad our gov't is in control of it all. do do do do. Search, search. The terrorists, GET THEM.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
HIGHLY MOTIVATED DEDICATED MARINE , My life for my country my life for my civilians. Government my soul will leave this body if you start to take my constitutional rights. I will pick up a gun and start slinging lead. NO MAN has a right to enter my home without reason , to do so will mean a bullet right between your eyes. I dont care if your the president of America , if i didnt invite you in , your in trouble.

Looks like we are going to be picking up guns soon. Live by the gun die by the gun , this is a tool that makes your words sing. My constitutional rights will stand as they are.

STAND STRONG TEXAS
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

You know who's side i'm on. A.T.S is a good laugh. So many believers in everything out there. Know what is real and not. JEDI.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join