It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Issue Threat: No Fly Zone for Texas

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Media is shills i agree. Why did the OP choose to title his post this way. The feds didnt actually issue a no fly zone over texas. Me thinks the OP is a shill

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Yeah . . . Gov. Goodhair is an eltist player like the others. He was a Democrat in the 90's. He just recently jumped on the Tea Party wagon to get re-elected.

Lt. Governor Dewnothing is just as fail.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Semantics. Potayto/Potahto.

They word things this way to protect themselves and get people arguing over things that are not important.
edit on 5/25/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

HEY! Paris Hiltons coochie is the most important news that could possibly run on TV! Only a terrorist would want to see pictures of our troops and the war, and stuff like that that might mobilize the American people to want to bring them home and end the hemorrhaging of our nations wealth via war in the mid east!

Oh SURE you talk like a loyal American when it comes to groping, errr...........searching people...........err terrorists at airports, but now, NOW, you sound like some pinko liberal terrorist sympathizer wanting NEWS and stuff that might jeopardize national security! Americans dont need to know! They just need to vote like our expensive and slick political ads tell them too and they can just shut up and like it!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
Media is shills i agree. Why did the OP choose to title his post this way. The feds didnt actually issue a no fly zone over texas. Me thinks the OP is a shill

it actually says "Feds issue Threat"

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Let'em blockade us.

That happened back in '61 when the North were aggressing us.

This time, I think the story would be different. The PEOPLE of the North will be with us and not against us.

We can take them.

This is an opportunity to make them blink....with a punch in the eye.

What will they do? Shoot down our planes? yeah. that'll fly (sorry for the pun
)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Let'em blockade us.

That happened back in '61 when the North were aggressing us.

This time, I think the story would be different. The PEOPLE of the North will be with us and not against us.

We can take them.

This is an opportunity to make them blink....with a punch in the eye.

What will they do? Shoot down our planes? yeah. that'll fly (sorry for the pun
)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

Bush put the gears in motion for this to happen in the first place and where does he live? Boom! Texas!

Suceed now, Perry...lol

I voted for bush, he was a good president. I wish he could be voted in again. He did so much for this country. With the new laws, we are definately headed in the right direction.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So just out of curiosity, because I haven't read much of this thread. Who prevailed in this endeavor the Dominatrix or the Submissive.

Ha Ha Ha Ha ha ha Ha...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
www.texastribune.org...

threat from the federal government to shut down Texas airports or cancel flights may have killed legislation by Tea Party conservatives in the Texas Capitol to prohibit federal Transportation Security Administration agents from conducting "invasive searches."

“I don’t cave in to heavy handed threats by the federal government,” said an angry Sen. Dan Patrick, R-Houston, the Senate sponsor of the bill, who ultimately withdrew the bill.

House Bill 1937, which was passed by the House earlier this month, would make it a misdemeanor offense for a federal security agent to “intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly [touch] the anus, sexual organ, buttocks, or breast of the other person, including touching through clothing, or touching the other person in a manner that would be offensive to a reasonable person.”

Two TSA officials visited Patrick at the Capitol earlier today to discuss the legislation. They warned him that the legislation “could close down all the airports in Texas,” he said. After their departure, U.S. Attorney John E. Murphy sent a letter to Speaker of the House Joe Straus and Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst saying the bill would “conflict directly with federal law” and that if it became law, “TSA would likely be required to cancel any flight or series of flights for which it could not ensure the safety of passengers and crew” until the agency could seek a court order stopping the measure from being carried out.

Despite the threats from the federal government, Patrick believed he had enough votes in the Senate — 30 to be precise — to suspend the rules and pass the legislation. Dewhurst allowed the measure to be brought up for debate. But when senators began to discuss the bill on the floor, the support wavered.

The Tribune thanks our Supporting Sponsors

Sen. Juan "Chuy" Hinojosa, D-McAllen, who voted for the bill in committee, said he still agreed with Patrick’s intent but could not vote for the bill because it preempts federal law. “The bill makes it a crime for a [federal TSA employee] … to perform a federal screening that he or she is required by federal law to perform.”

Realizing he ultimately did not have the votes, Patrick decided to withdraw the bill, but not before making his passion for state autonomy known: “There was a time in this state, there was a time in our history, where we stood up to the federal government and we did not cower to rules and policies that invaded the privacy of Texans.”

After the bill was withdrawn, senators approached state Rep. David Simpson, R-Longview, the House author of the bill, who was watching from the Senate rail. They said they were looking for a way to delay the effective date of the bill (which otherwise would be immediate) to prevent the federal government from closing Texas airports.

“They’re basically saying, unless you allow us to grope your genitals, you can’t fly. I hope Texans would say come and show us the law,” Simpson said. “This is a Gonzales moment. ‘Come and take it.’”

Patrick blamed the failure of the bill on Dewhurst. “When you stand on the Senate floor and the president of the Senate calls the bill up, he’s not supposed to be working against the bill while you’re debating it,” Patrick said. “This was a case of the federal government bullying Texas, and apparently they bullied the lieutenant governor.”

Here are some of the names from some of the candy as.....gutless wonders that chickened out.

Remember them come election time.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I would hope that all that live in TX exercise their right to call their representatives and senators and let them know how they feel, either way.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by ignoramusmaximus
reply to post by daddio

I would love to see one of the states put the fed gov back in its place.

i'd like to see all of them do it
2nd

Well that makes three of us in agreement, now lets get a few million more!!!

Why do some people just NOT get where government originated and for what purpose?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

That is not what is happening. How many have been rounded up ? OBL must have won the battle against the US.
You might be a terrorist.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
reply to post by boondock-saint

There would not be any attacks if the people at the airport did their job. Scan them all, seach, search, search. If the terrorists call it groping, so be it. At least they will get caught. Don't stop there either. Search the homes also. Police need no probable cause, just search and get rid of the vermon.

The "VERMIN" are runing the "country", what part of that do YOU not get?

Problem, reaction, solution.

It is people like you, and I hate to say this but, why don't you just crawl inside a hole and disappear, do all of us a favor.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hecla6494

I remember a great quote from the movie The Siege that this post reminded me of. "Come on General, you've lost men, I've lost men, but you - you, you *can't* do this! What, what if they don't even want the sheik, have you considered that? What if what they really want is for us to herd our children into stadiums like we're doing? And put soldiers on the street and have Americans looking over their shoulders? Bend the law, shred the Constitution just a little bit? Because if we torture him, General, we do that and everything we have fought, and bled, and died for is over. And they've won. They've already won!"

Just thought that maybe relevant.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by daddio

WRONG, when you purchase a ticket for the plane ride, YOU have all the Jurisdiction in the world and the airlines is limited. YOU are PAYING for the opportunity and NOT the privilege of travel, no different than a taxi cab. The airline, if they want to stay in business would do well to understand transactions, you buy a pass and that pass LIMITS the ability of the airline to illegally search and sieze personal property. Common Law and NOT commercial law, you are not a corporate entity therefore no corporate contract exists and the airline has NO RIGHT unless we agree. NO CONSENT.

As you stated "YOU are PAYING for the opportunity"
This is not a right.
A taxi driver could require the same if they wanted to, and you would also there have the opportunity to tell them to take a flying frak.
The point is, it happens and nobody has sued yet, have you asked why?

The reason why no one has "sued" is because they are all idiots. I haven't flown in years and will NEVER again.

I will be going to Disney this year with the family from the midwest and we will travel by auto. I will NOT give these idiots one second of my time or money, even if it is counterfiet!!

And I have the upper hand as I have filed all the appropriate paperwork to take control of the "strawman/corporate fiction" so they can do NOTHING I do not Consent TO!!! It is MY decision and NOT thiers or the governments, I AM THE POWER BEHIND THE GOVERNMENT.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Yes, get in touch with your senators. They can help you in a situation. REALLY.
Unfortunately people just do not do this very thing. They are there to listen to your problems and solve them in a just way. People for some reason just don't do enough of this. Why? Call your congressman ,they will listen.
If you get frustrated today ,just go outside and give a big smile. The new bill is there to help you and for our gov't to better itself.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Hey cloaked4u
It took me a bit, but I get it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

what part was that? Who's side do you think i'm on?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

LOL agreed, the west side vs the last 10 or so miles of east, bout smack dab middle of north south.

Not even a state but a district, shopping district I'm sure.
There you can buy the best politicians money can buy!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join