It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans. I need you to read this.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TuXXXeR

I think there are several issues why some people don't back Obama.

-For myself and many others, I feel he sold the American public a bag of goods. He spoke of transparency in government and an end to the Iraq war. Yet, he has continued with some of the same unconstitutional domestic policies and foreign policies the Bush administration put into motion.

-Some republicans can't accept a democratic president no matter who it is.

-Some people can't accept a black president and will find any fault to attack him.

-Some people (like myself) don't like the current political system we have. We feel both parties are one of the same. Our government bail out of banks and corporate America just solidified that feeling in many Americans.

-Some people ridiculously compare Obama with Hitler because of some of the social programs he supports and the push for government sponsored health care.

-There are those "Bush lovers" who were upset because Bush received so much anti-Bush remarks, feel this is now pay back time. Any anti-Obama remark makes them feel good.

-You always have the republican and tea baggers complaining about the tax and spend liberals (although they ignore the excessive spending of the previous administration).

-And than you have the one issue voters who are pro-life, pro-guns, anti-government programs or anti-immigrants who will be against anyone who doesn't agree with those issues.

-In addition you have the "all holy thou" christian right who feel they have a monopoly on morality and feel democrats are the scum of the earth.

-You also have some democrats who feel Obama doesn't have enough backbone to stand-up to republican pressure.

-Last, you have the flag waving, wrap yourself up in the American flag so called "patriotic Americans". Who feel that if a president doesn't show he's a big bad as$ American bully, or use the threat of war or annihilating another country to satisfy America's interest, than he's too weak and shouldn't be the leader of our country.

Does that help answer your question?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TuXXXeR
reply to post by Shadowalker

I opened this thread because im interested in America's point of view on something I hear alot of but know little about. Call it what you want, only motivation for your little post is the troll.

Then say it in the title. Plenty of usable character spaces there.

You want Obama so bad, write the white house. We will give him free of charge.

And I stand. Use a real title for your thread. One that describes the content. The troll IS the thread. I asked for nothing more than a content description which a free man would give. I guess subjects are not allowed to think that far?

Man up next time and write a descriptive title. Thats all everyone expects.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This is the same old argument all over again. Once again who kicked who's a$$$ and wrote their own constitution.

I call another bull shttttt fear mongering AMERICAN bashing thread.

History....... Never forget it...... America will repeat it again if needed. You doom and gloomers are recycling......well what ever.

You think we are owned. Come to the woods......... You ever seen Deliverence?

Come on down for a cup of tea.

edit on 25-5-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

ETA: .....I am neither gay, and I mean no harm and no bad intentions for such individuals. (sorry)
edit on 25-5-2011 by liejunkie01 because: ETA

edit on 25-5-2011 by liejunkie01 because: no...lol

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Nope, I haven't read the other posts, sorry...

This is going to come on strong, and I don’t speak for all Americans, but……

First: We Americans are supposed to be living in a Republic, not a Democracy.

Here is a link to show you the difference......

www.1215.org...

What really makes me laugh though, is that President Obama loves Democracy and wants to spread it worldwide.
Look here in the
CONSOLIDATED APPROPRIATIONS ACT, 2010
PUBLIC LAW 111–117—DEC. 16, 2009

DEMOCRACY FUND
For necessary expenses to carry out the provisions of the Foreign
Assistance Act of 1961 for the promotion of democracy globally,
$120,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2011, of
which $70,000,000 shall be made available for the Human Rights
and Democracy Fund of the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights
PUBLIC LAW 111–117—DEC. 16, 2009
and Labor, Department of State, and $50,000,000 shall be made
available for the Office of Democracy and Governance of the Bureau
for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance, United
States Agency for International Development.

Link….
www.ncrr.nih.gov...

And if you ask me, it isn’t a true Domocracy being sold to the world, but that’s for another thread.

Second: I'm so tired of hearing people from other Countries talk about how wonderful President Obama is. He is not wonderful, he is a Globalist leader, in office for Globalists, not Americans. He is for a New World Government that will, and has slowly been stripping freedom and rights away from Americans. You would know this, if you understood our Constitution and have read any Bills coming from our House of Representatives.

Third: I don't care from whence President Obama came. I'm Norwegian and Cherokee, does that somehow make me special?

Fourth: How dare you condemn American's for trying to save their Country, their Rights and their Freedoms.

Try to remember, this is OUR Country, not the Worlds. But, if people like you and President Obama get their way, it will be.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Because it's all a lie.
The same people who are in power have always been in power.

www.familyforest.com...

They are descended from royalty and that won't change.

I'm so glad you were the 2nd post. Fantastic link sir, stars for you

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TuXXXeR

Perhaps world weary cynicism on my part.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join