It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans. I need you to read this.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Obama does not appear (to me) to be the same person that was running for President. But I don't know why. I think something very weird happened. In America, it's prettymuch unannounced martial law. Rand Paul is fighting (all alone it sounds like) to make sure the Patriot Act extension doesn't go through. Weve got TSA Agents wanting to feel your teens up, looking attractive in their sexy long dresses, at Proms. Where is the Democracy here? Dictator Empire has been fighting to keep humanity oppressed since the beginning. Just like they are right now.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
As politicians do, Obama made promises that he can not or will not keep. He fooled a lot of people during the election process with his smooth talk and positive potential. Yet, now, people are shocked yet again that a politician wound up being corrupt, dishonest, and amoral and the Obama/Biden stickers are slowly coming off the bumpers of Subarus.
I think the idea of Obama is great, but all he presented to us was a fresh face after the disastrous Bush administration. Playing the Iraq card to his advantage, criticizing the war, when he really just wanted all of the corruption and death on his terms, not some white boy's from Texas. Yes, his election into presidency changed our world as the first black president of the United States, but behind that facade is just another politician.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Sure...Love to! I'll start
How about instead of fulfilling his promise to start the withdrawl of troops, he instead escalated the Afghanistan war and added more troops. Again, stealing my money and giving it to the MIC! Of course this will be argued from the standpoint of National Security but I see through that. It is ok however, to have a conflicting opinion. I also use the term "my money" because I don't want to be so presumptuous as to think that anyone except myself considers their tax dollar being syphoned off for the good of a select group of theiving bass turds! (mispelled intentionally to get my point across and not get modded).
edit on 25-5-2011 by Zippidee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I was with you... up until you made this comment.

Originally posted by TuXXXeR

O.k.... Duh.... So, being a good human being is being Christian.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by soundofathousandbirds
reply to post by TuXXXeR

I dont get why so many people have trouble distinguishing Ireland from the UK. Its like saying Canada is part of the U.S....

Im European and not a fan of Obama.
When he was elected I thought, along with most, this will be great, a positive change etc etc.
But then he didnt seem to match up to the promises he made or the hype created around him.
All I can see now is someone who can talk the talk but not walk the walk.

Just my opinion though.

It is like a college fraternity that white house gig and if you haven't already stolen Geronimo s bones or made a name for yourself as a thieving politician who will simultaneously speak strongly and firmly authoritatively saying things people want to hear while at the same time screwing those same people and serving them up on a platter for US global big business and even for other countries to pick us over and make us totally beholden and completely dependent on them.

They are like the grand dames at a ball and if you don't play their way - you don't play.

Obama is doing the best he can within the constraints of our government, the crooks and double talkers and the plutocracy that is the USA.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Rofl... I was just pointing out that Christianity was the name that was put on that kind of living and thinking in order to sell the idea of Christianity. Because it's naturally how you should be. You act with love to family as a kid and should grow to be that way. Off topic though.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zippidee

Sure...Love to! I'll start
How about instead of fulfilling his promise to start the withdrawl of troops, he instead escalated the Afghanistan war and added more troops. Again, stealing my money and giving it to the MIC! Of course this will be argued from the standpoint of National Security but I see through that. It is ok however, to have a conflicting opinion. I also use the term "my money" because I don't want to be so presumptuous as to think that anyone except myself considers their tax dollar being syphoned off for the good of a select group of theiving bass turds! (mispelled intentionally to get my point across and not get modded).
edit on 25-5-2011 by Zippidee because: (no reason given)

All good points!

Wall Street Bailout too. He sucked at them all. BUT I still think there is plenty of wiggle room to save us (remember the whole economy was in the #ter and we had a swine flue epidemic) and it would have been a whole lot worse in all these same areas if McCain and Palin had got a hold of the wheel.

Edit: I have to say also I was very disappointed to see the buildup in Afghanistan as I think it is criminal for a Nation to send its best and brightest to a war zone. We have enough difficulty here they should be in the country not sent to die on foreign soil. Men (and women) with children spouses and families.
Earth was not meant to be this way!!!!
I did notice Obama was withdrawing some troops but keeping smaller targeted operations alive. Rather than larger massive attacks he moved toward smaller focused strikes with elite soldiers and secret missions. I think that was a better move than leaving the area wide open for Al qaida (sp) to come in and set up operations.
edit on 25-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Skewed

Rofl... I was just pointing out that Christianity was the name that was put on that kind of living and thinking in order to sell the idea of Christianity. Because it's naturally how you should be. You act with love to family as a kid and should grow to be that way. Off topic though.

That's OK. Some of us got what you meant without needing to turn a political war into a religious one. Now what does rofl mean? I have got to get a computer jargon dictionary!
edit on 25-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Zippidee

You're not looking at the wider picture. Instead of pulling out and leaving it unfinished or pulling some troops out making it more dangerous for those there he decided to boost efforts hugely as what was there was not enough to destroy the threat. He decided to take the flak to save in the long term.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleepypoet
As politicians do, Obama made promises that he can not or will not keep. He fooled a lot of people during the election process with his smooth talk and positive potential. Yet, now, people are shocked yet again that a politician wound up being corrupt, dishonest, and amoral and the Obama/Biden stickers are slowly coming off the bumpers of Subarus.
I think the idea of Obama is great, but all he presented to us was a fresh face after the disastrous Bush administration. Playing the Iraq card to his advantage, criticizing the war, when he really just wanted all of the corruption and death on his terms, not some white boy's from Texas. Yes, his election into presidency changed our world as the first black president of the United States, but behind that facade is just another politician.

He has accomplished a great deal. When the dust settles you will see it. I already see it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I will not vote for him in 2012. I have seen enough,to know that he was a bad choice for America.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

And if the alternative is Palin? Your going to abstain right?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

reply to post by thorazineshuffle

And if the alternative is Palin? Your going to abstain right?
While I cannot say that anybody will be better, I can say that nobody will be worse.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TuXXXeR

I respect your take but I look at the Presidential position, agenda, foreign policy, banking and healthcare industry as well everything else, all encompassing if you will, as a giant corporation where the POTUS is the CEO. Of course he is there to nod and agree...whatever! The CFO, Treasurer, and all the other key players (insert whatever or whoever you want) make the decisions. It doesn't matter what polotician becomes President the company continues to operate with the same set of guidelines passed down from one CEO to the next. In this case the Shareholders best interest is not in mind.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

You may be right, of most of the recent presidents, I do like Obama the most (although, as an over-analytical, questioning, and bitter American, he is still heavy on the dis-like side). Regardless, I believe he has done a great thing for our nation simply by being elected. Right now, I see his positive strides only in redefining the United States' multicultural stance.
I'm not saying I have all the answers, nor will I ever say so, but I'm not impressed at the moment.
But, you will be the first one I speak to if I see the light after that dust settles.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
"""""Being a good American is having freedom through Democracy. Dude's.... Democracy is a name to put on a system of voting.""""

America is NOT a Democracy. It is a REPUBLIC.

The Electoral College picks the US President, not the people. Several times in US History the people picked someone other than the Electoral College....the people don't pick their President.

Politicians buy their way into power and are from the Royal Families. No different than any other corrupt nation.

We ain't no Democracy.

In America if you are in a Labor Union you have absolutely no power to even pick your Union Steward to represent you. The Union President has "Executive Powers" and appoints who THEY want to be Union Stewards.

Ain't no Democracy in america.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
But Palin would be worse. Seriously... She's like the complete polar opposite to Obama. His Cryptonite.!

Being serious now, she is so inward thinking that as a member of a country other than America I would genuinely be more afraid of the US with someone like her at the helm. I can understand that to an American citizen the ''making strong'' of America and all the nationalism she stirs may seem good for you and good for the country but for others she does not seem peaceful from another's perspective. I'd tip her most likely to have something to do with WW3 over Obama anyway. Though don't take that as a prediction.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

You have a point there, about the bloodline of politicians. I always knew that Obama and Dick Cheney were related via some 17th century immigrants from France named Duvall. But according to the New York Post, Bushes are -- related-- in that mix.........as well. Now someone should do some extensive research on Duvall, see if theres some blue blood Illuminatti connection.
See article about that here. www.nypost.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Feel free to love him anywhere in Europe you like..you can love him in China, Russia, Canada and Denmark too. You can love him with with a fox, or you can love him in a box. Frankly, I dont care how you love him or where you love him, just not here. And most certainly not for another four miserable years.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TuXXXeR

whoa.. dude your trippin..

first i think ANY member of ANY government ,, should hope to make his own country FIRST,, on his list of "helping"

and not try -to be "the" answer, for ALL the world's problems.. start small,,,,, i wish he would only work on the USA ,, first,,middle,,last...

then after his term(s) are over,, he can go on to run the rest of the world,, should he desire..
or he can go on to build homes for the homeless, with Jimmy Carter.. I don't care..

WE in USA, think WE need attention.. and he is spreading himself TOO thin outside of our borders..
after all... WE vote.. if he wants a second term,, WE might vote for him,,

the people outside of the usa WILL NOT..lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join