It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Hits Companies in China, Iran, and more with WMD and Oil Sanctions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Looks like theres more pressure being put on Iran since the latest nuclear report about them came out a few days ago.

www.boston.com...

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration yesterday hit seven foreign companies, including Venezuela’s state-owned oil company and an Israeli shipping firm, with sanctions for doing business with Iran that helps fund its nuclear program.

They apparently want to stop the flow of petrolum products into Iran.

“All of these companies have engaged in activities related to the supply of refined petroleum products to Iran, including the direct supply of gasoline and related products,’’ Deputy Secretary of State James Steinberg said in announcing the sanctions. US officials say Iran uses revenue from its energy sector to fund its nuclear program. “Those who continue to irresponsibly support Iran’s energy sector and help facilitate Iran’s efforts to evade US sanctions will face serious consequences.’’

I wonder what those consequences will be.

But thats not the most eye-opener in the article.

The administration imposed separate sanctions on more than 15 people and companies in China, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and elsewhere for illicit trading in missile technology and weapons of mass destruction.

Did we just place sanctions on multiple companies and people all across the world?

In addition to the Iran sanctions, the administration imposed penalties on 16 individuals and firms from Belarus, China, North Korea, Syria, and Venezuela for violating the Iran, North Korea, and Syria Nonproliferation Act by selling or buying sensitive equipment and technology related to nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and ballistic missile systems.

Those sanctioned will be barred from any US government contracts, US assistance, banned from purchasing American defense articles, and denied licenses to sell them for two years.

The article barley touches on the nuclear, chemical, biological, and ballistc missile sanctions.
edit on 25-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
So far the only reply I could find was from Venezuela

www.bbc.co.uk...

The moves were "imperialist aggression", Venezuelan Foreign Minister Nicolas Maduro said.

Under the sanctions, PDVSA cannot enter into contracts with the US government and will be barred from import-export financing.

But the company's sale of oil to the US and the operations of its US-based subsidiary Citgo are unaffected.

Venezuela dosent believe that the sanctions on them will have much effect though.

"It's obvious this is just a political response by the Obama government to pressures from the Senate which has a position very hostile to the Chavez government," the source said.

Plus this article lists a few more firms in other countries that have been hit with more US sanctions.

As well as PDVSA, the US imposed sanctions on firms based in the United Arab Emirates, Israel, Singapore, Monaco and Jersey.

So, uh, I wonder who are allies are in this...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This is why I dont understand how we can say "oh dont worry about ____, they dont have the technology to hit us over here". But I dont understand alot of what my country is doing atm either.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by showintail

This is why I dont understand how we can say "oh dont worry about ____, they dont have the technology to hit us over here". But I dont understand alot of what my country is doing atm either.

Apparently, these companies were violating our Iran, North Korea, and Syria Nonproliferation Act by buying/selling/trading WMD equipment and tech with those countries...... so we place sanctions on those companies.....so they cant do business with the US government.......

And how exactly is that supposed to stop the companies and countries from doing business with eachother???

Wont these companies just look at us like we're retards?

I dont understand either.
edit on 25-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Change your title. It sounds like the companies were hit with nuclear weapons.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I did. Changed it to "US Hits Companies in China, Iran, and more with WMD and Oil Sanctions".

It took me awhile to realize that the orginial title could be interpreted a bit wrong.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

WMD means Weapons of Mass Destruction. Were the companies hit with weapon of mass destruction? No. Change the title.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Iran lacks the brain power to even take their crude oil and turn it into gasoline.

By us stopping gasoline from going into Iran we have effectively declared WAR on them.

WWIII has effectively begun. The Holy War is taking an increase in intensity at eliminating the other side.

Russia knows we will side with China eventually to take them out down the road. We'll get the Chinese to side with us by promising them the first 10 years of Russia's resources.

So Russia's going to go full tilt on keeping us out of Iran. They know they're next. North Korea will say the heck with is since they are starving and launch their nukes. Russia will launch it's nukes. Venezuela will go into guerilla warfare at 100x by leaving their country since they know it will be destroyed and sneak out and start attacking everything in a last ditch effort to do what they can while they are still alive. Russia will have Indonesia launch at australia. singapore will be annihilated. Europe will collapse from social unrest from freezing in the winter and starving as they try and support the war machine of the US operating around the entire world.

Banning gasoline from Iran is the dumbest thing we could have ever done.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I bet China and Venezuala are in stiches at this pointless bit of legislation. Chavez must be thinking the US senate is run by a load of spiteful school kids. What help does the US give to venezuala, last I heard was that they were more interested in causing rebellions and making propoganda tv channels.

I wont even go into China as that is probably going to be more of a loss for the US than it is for them.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

cool idea for a computer game but Iran is not a country of cavemen, they spend quite a considerable amount on scientific research and by the sounds of things, these companies have no choice but to do business with iran now thanks to these sanctions.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Awesome thread...I am constantly amazed that TPTB are able to get away with this kind of nonsense, and I use the term nonsense lightly as I know there has to be some regulations, but in this case it seems like the U.S. is just bullying and tossing it weight around.

In my daughters 5th grade class they have pretty strick rules and punishments in place for bullying and such, but when it comes to our nation we seem to be waiting patiently for the punishment we are due.

It's coming for sure...that I have no doubt about, it just seems to be a matter of who and when.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Of course sales of citgo oil wont be affected, we buy alot of oil from venezuela. By the gov own numbers they are our number 5 source of crude and number 4 source of petroleum products. If we were to cut off that source it would hurt the economy to the point the politicians in office would not get re-elected. All the recovery talk would end quickly. Link below is to that list.

www.eia.doe.gov...
edit on 25-5-2011 by wiandiii because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join