It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's Liberation Army

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
...of having professional chess players get hysterical (and throw chess pieces at me) when I beat them at tournament matches (I was a professional chess player...not extremely good, but I was good enough.)

I�m playing chess myself. Those occasions I have played against women I have found them extremely tough to play against. I consider myself good, have played against russians in Siberia (they are good), won a couple of competitions occasionally. I never trow chesspieces at anyone. I guess what makes women good at chessplaying is the same reason women can read a book and watch TV at the same time?

[edit on 2004/8/5 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999

How does wanting to ban Islam make me a fascist, Eddie999?

Obviously if you want to ban one religion, e.g Islam, it most probably shows you are not of the Islamic faith and want to ban it because you do not like it and think that you religion is better. That would make you a fascist.

Definition:

Fascism
a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.

Fascist
a. often Fascist An advocate or adherent of fascism.
b. A reactionary or dictatorial person.

Maybe you are just Islamophobic or rascist. I have never met you, but your posts say a lot about you.

Islam's Terrorist Dogma In Muhammad's Own Words

If you get what you want and Islam get power, I guess the Women's Liberation Army will have other worries than traffic-signs...

For your information Eddie999, I'm neither Nazi or rascist...

[edit on 2006/4/25 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Calling Helmutt a fascist is silly Eddy.

Especially when you give us the dictionary definition of fascism. I read that, and well........Islam sounds alot like fascism to me. Maybe Helmutt simply wants to ban a fascist religon?

Before you go off about Christianity though, yeah, Christianity used to be pretty fascist. But the teeth were yanked from its mouth, and Christanity has been put in its proper subordinate place in relation to govornments in the west. We have come a logn way from the days when the church ruled supreme.

However, the goals and ideologies of Islam border on fascism. (I know this how? Spent time in the middle east).

Anyway, i see the point youre trying to make in this post with the sign. Them whining over this stupid sign is pointless, as Byrd has amply pointed out, there are REAL issues that women need to worry more about than some stupid sign.

As female myself, and a veteran of the armed forces, I could tell you some stories, Byrd.................

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

www.prophetofdoom.net...

If you get what you want and Islam get power, I guess the Women�s Liberation Army will have other worries than traffic-signs...

For your information Eddie999, I�m neither Nazi or rascist...

[edit on 2004/8/6 by Hellmutt]

The info on that site is not only wildly inaccurate and biased, it sounds like some of the propaganda the British N(azi)ational Party puts out. How fiiting of you to choose that article to use.

In addition, I never said I wanted Islam to come to power. I am against all forms of religious governments. Organised religion is, in general, evil.

I'm NOT directly calling you a Nazi or a rascist either. You probably aren't. However, you most probably have been corrupted by anti-Islam western propaganda that is spewed forth by most of the US.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Eddie, Eddie Eddie...

Webster's Dictionary... Fascist" One who thinks differently from Eddie999."

This post is about female's who are so desperate to give themsleves a sense of self worth that they are willing to remove anything that has a male in it, on it, smells like it. They HATE men.

You know the ones that change man hole covers to person hole covers.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

you most probably have been corrupted by anti-Islam western propaganda that is spewed forth by most of the US.

Don�t you know that communism is opium for the masses, Eddie...?
And Skadi is right.
Islam does sound alot like your definition of fascism.
You should actually join our crusade...

(Well, I think we lost the topic right there.
It�s my first thread, so I suppose it was bound to derail...)

I think we all more or less agreed that these women were over reacting...
Thanks for all the input.
Sorry about that, Eddie.
I just couldn�t resist teasing you.
Happy hunting!

[edit on 2004/8/11 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
"If companies in the private sector do not manage to increase the share of female board members to 40 percent by next year, a new law may be adopted to force them."

Law may demand more female board members

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Street signs, "Mail Persons", female celebrities who demand to be called "actors" instead of "actresses"... it's all noise. The real issues are still money and protection. I got to the point at my old company where I finally had to go to HR and tell them that if one more of my trainees got promoted over me, I was going to have to take legal action. It's insulting to have someone I trained get promoted on a fast track into management and still come to ME with questions. Equal pay for equal job title became easy to bypass with "level ranges" instead of hard numbers. Being laughed at by a bunch of good ol' boys when I applied to an industrial carpet cleaning company as a young girl. "You might break a nail, little lady... HAW HAW HAW!". Idiots.

Women's groups are a blessing and a curse, like most special interests. On one hand they are a readily assembled force on stand-by to take up the banner for red-alarm issues. On the other hand, they get crazy and start thinking that equal isn't good enough, we should be SUPER DOUBLE EQUAL!! I don't want a hand out, I just want to be treated like a worthwhile person. What I see is a regression. For awhile women were standing up (with lots of clothes on) and demanding a higher standard of consideration. Now they're once again becoming accessories for successful men. Girls Gone Wild and the music video industry don't help, either. When I voice this opinion, I'm often accused of being jealous because I don't look as good as these women. But it's not jealousy I feel when I see them. I feel bad because the only person in the video who will be remembered is the singer/rapper. The 20 girls in bikinis undulating all over the guy don't matter at all. Britney Spears is not a great singer, but that wouldn't matter anyway because most of what people talk about is her stripper-like moves and sexy look. Christina Aguilera actually does have vocal talent, and the minute she came of age, she was writhing around half naked "getting dirrty". Why? The problem is not just exploitation... it's the willingness and almost eager way in which the girls/women now seem to co-operate with it. Embrace it.

As far as special interests go and EOE, I've seen situations where they really have to force them to hire a qualified woman because the men's applications go on top of the pile. Two positions... 6 men to interview before they even get to the female applicants... sometimes the job is gone within 4 interviews. And in regards to the law, there are just too many instances of women having to report over and over that they've been threatened with violence, only to be told there's nothing that can be done. A restraining order won't stop a man who is going to beat you to death. It's a piece of paper. If these women feel like traffic signs are the most important problem they face, they should consider themselves lucky.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I personally cannot see any oppression against women here in the UK, i truly believe in "you are what you make". Fine things may not be 100% equal, but can they ever be, can you ever have a police work with 50% men/50% women, a military with a 50/50 ratio, a government, a business or whatever? No i don't think you since that is a little unrealistic and i am an advocator for the best person not the best colour or gender for a job. Having equal rights and treatment is what's most important.

The various Feminist (which is damaging in my opinion) and Women's Lib organisations in the world, are they all representative of women's views, needs and ambitions? Has anyone actually sat down with women at large and ask them what they really want? I think these are the things that need to be addressed not whether a traffic sign has a man on it, or anything else just as trivial.

Have any of these Feminist/Women Lib organisation ever opposed and spoken out against women who are oppressed in some of the countries in the Middle East, Far East or Africa? I have to say a lot of oppression against women has been done in Islamic, NOT ALL just some of them i.e Afghanistan. It's a certain culture that developed within those societies.

Attack what i've said if you wish, i'm just stating my opinion. I personally don't believe that Islam belongs in the West, and i don;t believe that Christianity/Western ideals belong in the Middle East. As they're two seperate ideoligies that don't really mix well.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
I personally don't believe that Islam belongs in the West, and i don;t believe that Christianity/Western ideals belong in the Middle East. As they're two seperate ideoligies that don't really mix well.

I agree with you 100%.
It�s just a question of time before most people realize that, I think...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

What�s wrong about banning Islam?

Surely wanting to ban a particular religion because you do not like it or agree with it would make you a fascist. Are you a fascist? Are you anti-Islam? Will you be persecuting Muslims any time soon?

how the hell does that make him fascist???? from your profile pic I'm guessing your a far left loony
so any thing you don't like tends to be branded fascist, racist or against the working class
Communism is just as bad as fascism, the communists were very anti-religion as well, but instead of gassing them the communists sent them to death camps

NOTE: i don't like Islam, but i don't care what they do as long as it doesn't effect me

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
About my comments on Islam not belonging in the West and Christianity/Western ideals belonging in the East. I don't mind muslims living here (UK), they have just as much right to be here as anyone else. It's just from what i've seen there is a clash between Islam and the West, and it may lead to a larger conflict.

Look at what's happening in Europe, France banned Muslim girls from wearing headscarves in school, 'Northern League; in Italy tried to ban further Mosques being built and in Norway where they also tried to ban Islam. I only think there's so much the muslims can take before they blow.

Doesn't this make sense?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
fly boy, i just wanted to point out the recent ban by France on muslim headscarves goes further then that. it bans ALL religious wear by ANY person, not just muslims. christians can't wear crosses and jews can't wear skullcaps.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I dont know what crazy dykes took over the women's lib, but this is pathetic. What about how muslim women are treated like animals? There are many more important liberation issues at hand.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thanka Astroblade of that bit of information, i never knew they'd banned all religious items.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Today's March 8, The International Women's Day

Ungdomshuset was demolished with a silver bullet...

Wikipedia: Ungdomshuset

In 1910, The Second International held an International Women's conference at the house, declaring 8 March as International Women's Day.

Today, norwegian media reports that Madrid, Spain are going to replace the little green men with women. Article with a video here: Dagbladet: Vil fjerne «grønn mann» (sorry for the short commercial, but with a little patience you'll see the video on that page.)

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I find some things amusing such as this topic:
#1: We are talking about womens liberation groups (specifically the WLA) and instead you are talking about Islam. Go start another thread then.
#2: Groups will cling to names just to get money and attention, but do NOTHING to actually solve problems, WLA being in point.

I read a book 3 years ago which was written by a womens liberation leader, she was talking about ISSUES. about 5 inches thick chock full of fine printed problems women face and NONE OF THEM were as stupid as that sign. She was talking about racism in work, outside of work and so on. She went down the list. I do not have the name on my person anymore or the book I think (if so: lost in the shuffle) and it was a darn good book it you are not prone to falling asleep while reading fine print. This WLA is a joke, they are only trying to get publicity, pathetic! If women want to solve problems: Start with the government and work your way down! Government still holds INCREDIBLE power over nations policy and workings, women have traditionaly done this such as the right to vote movement. So how about women start with racism within the government itself? Once the government is clean of corruption, work your way down in society.
Government-->Big business-->Media-->so on.

Women are still raped, abused, and get paid better being whores than doing an honest job, that is sad. Proof? PBS special on prostitution rings in the USA and Mexico. That or FSTV special where they documented it. How about the womens movement going after the child sex slave rings instead of sign posts? They sell CHILDREN! Girls and boys, but none the less, which is more sickening? A child being used as a sex slave for life, and probably die from being raped, or a signpost with a little guy on it? Which is more life threatening? That little girl and the little boy, that is what is more important!

General racism in the workplace, if they want to do something, then how about knocking off the NLA? Also known as the National Liberation Army which is in short: the Nazi party. The Nazis are about as anti-womens rights as you can get, along this the KKK. How about shooting them down? These are people who own businesses when you look at their higher ups, the black movement realized this and SHUT DOWN businesses that were owned by these people and wiped out whole towns of KKK and Nazis. The WLF (Womens Liberation Front, general term) needs to follow suit. How about demanding equal wages? Remember that one? How about following that along? As someone else said: jobs, start going after people who hire men over women when the woman is the more qualified one.

Military, teach the women how to fight for once! Teach them to be the frontline people! Instead of being the turkey at the turkey shoot because your driving the bloody truck un-armed down a highway! How about putting them on the front too? Doing so you will get a far grander army in size! Also more deadly since women happen to be some of the best snipers! Go look at a state prison in Ohio, they hire (or used too) women as the snipers in the towers because they had a dead aim and never thought twice about pulling the trigger! Frankly I would rather have a woman like that looking over my shoulder while I storm a building than some guy who might debate it! Also the military has a HORRIBLE track record when it comes to rape, so lets see the WLF go after that one! Goes right back to teaching them how to fight! Teach them how to use their smaller size to WHOOP the guy whos after them! Most military training is geared at guys, not women. Just watch the training videos! Agility does give women an edge, not saying men are not agile, some are more agile than women. Train according to ability, heck, introduce agility training not the "sluggem" tactics. Here is an idea: Teach all military personel Krav Manga! That will solve A LOT of the rape problems! Guy tries to rape a woman, 50/50 chance of being killed or maimed because they have the same training as you.

There is just 4 ideas. All 4 sound MUCH MORE important than a bloody sign! I say this WLA is a JOKE! Bunch of panzies who want the cameras on them for their 15 seconds of glory.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
They really are going to change the Pedestrian crossing lights in Madrid to display women instead of men, you know...

Equality hits streets of Madrid

Their council has acted and will now make sure that half of all road signs and traffic lights show female figures with skirts and ponytails.

[edit on 2007/3/12 by Hellmutt]

posted on Feb, 27 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
And now, we should apparently remove all words which has the word "man" in them, including the words wo-man, wo-men and fe-male. Places and cities like Manchester should apparently be renamed into something else, like Person-chester. However, a son (per-son) is male as far as I know. Then, what?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join