It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How disrespectful is Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Can't decide what annoys me more.
Pomp, or circumstance.
possibly both.
Rituals drive me crazy sometimes.

When an out of towner makes a faux pas, and everyone goes, oooo ahhhh!.......It's a bit of a waste of energy on everyone's part.

I remember at the funeral of my best friend...I had some of his favorite music as part of the Order of Service.
There was a Pink Floyd song playing, it got to a silent part, and the minister began to speak...It was NOT his cue to speak. The song was not over.
He was just not familiar with Pink Floyd. Not a momentary lapse or Reason, just a little bit of confusion.
The music got louder again, he kept speaking, so I just slowly "potted" down the music, and gave him the floor.

and you know what, things worked out ok, and my friend had a beautiful sendoff anyway.
We made the best of it. I played the song later.

As much as I dislike our current President's policies. this is yet another waste of political energy. A foolish waste.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
Really he should have just stopped talking when the band started and then either start again or carry on from where he left off.

In my book he has no respect for the UK.

Fortunately no one's really concerned with your book

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Of all the ridiculous reasons to hate the man, this ranks up on the Top 5.

Boo hoo, Britons. Go back to worshiping William and Kate. You don't have the gall to put the Royals in their place.

I agree it's a little harsh on the poor guy. The band should of waited until he stopped speaking to be fair.

The Royals are in their right place with the Queen as the Head of State according to the vast majority of Brits.
The UK is a unitary state where the democratically elected government is supreme.

It made me laugh on hearing a reporter claiming that during the State dinner, once the queen has finished a course all the plates of her guests are whipped away ready for the next one whether they have finished or not. Pretty rude too imo if true.

No tears from me if we decide to become a Republic.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
He is beyond disrespectful to me. Not any show of compassion or mention of the people who recently died and lost their homes to the devastating tornado in Joplin.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

How is that relevant to this discussion? We are talking about Obama's funny toast to the queen. And on the topic of your off-topic post, wait, what's this? Why, it's Obama talking about the Joplin tornado and offering his condolences.

With all the trivial bashing of Obama, I am forced to think he must be doing a great job as president. After all, people are not debating the issues, just bickering about nonsense like this.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
His popularity is a myth. We already had our Obama in Tony Blair. I don't know how it is across the waters but in most of Europe attitudes towards Obama are very pessimistic.

America is still regarded as the biggest threat to world peace. But I suppose our media create a nice illusion of him being liked.

Only the Germans like him, to turn up and prove to the world they're no longer bigots

Too true, mate, too true.

George W. Bush - during his 8 year tenure - was someone who made the rest of the world dislike the USA even more than usual. Barack Obama promised ''change'', yet he is continuing US imperialism in all corners of the earth, and is just another puppet that will divide opinion in the sycophant/hater dichotomy that serves certain people so well.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have never said that i hate Obama, i don't hate the guy or the USA i just thought it was abit rude to talk over the UK National Anthem.

The least he could have done is paused for a moment seeing as we had to foot the bill for his visit.

When our prime minister goes to the USA he flyes on a normal plane with normal people and a few security and close aids but when Obama came here is has his cars, helicopter and plinth sent it advance then he flyes over here in his own personal plane loaded with security and other people he don't need. That is really expensive even for a small country like ours

Thats my rant over for this topic.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The band did not make a mistake. He said "to the Queen" then they started to play. That is the correct toast. That is how you END a toast. But he went on and on and on.....He should have raised his glass also as he was toasting. He has no manners. He is arrogant, aloof and rigid. He is not a good president, he divides people and ridicules those who disagree with him. He does not Champion the American people...he only champions elitist, condescending and malformed anthropological ideals

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
For the first time i have to come to Obama's defense here, Obama is our United States head of state, and if he wants to talk while this was being placated so be it. the people on this forum raking Obama over the coals i have a question for you?

Our we under the monarchy of the U.K still?
I think not

think about it, America prides itself on individualism and its new found state, but when the queen talks the serfs should listen

I think not

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

The world still dislikes America with Obama, even after Bush. I can't see much change in opinion based on Presidency.

Exactly right! IMO, rightly so... the reason is simply war-mongering, and I can't see that ever changing either...
V,

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Stupid Ghetto Bastard doesn't know how to act nor speak around corrupt A$$ Queen and her minions......I wonder if they were playing God save the queen with Barry's ghetto Blaster....I heard he had a new model with spoked tuning knobs now....and spinners on the antenna....

Just want to let you know, I just reported you for racism..
V

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join