It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama messes up with the queen? Ooops made me lol.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Just watched this, dunno if its staged but eather way it made me laugh, i cant quite hear what she tells him but i think she seen the funny side of it, she has a smirk on her face after

what the video here

www.bbc.co.uk...

Tell me what you think she says... i think its something like "It's my time" but i cant hear it

Oh and on another note.... Obama is much better at table tennis than Cameron lol Cameron just hoofs it

edit on 25-5-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Why did they start playing after he had already begun his speech?

Is it protocol to play that when she stands?

When cultures come together, there is sometimes little screw ups. But when you have a visitor, a leader from another country, I would think a little flexibility and compromise on each part is necessary. Like just waiting until he was done with his toast speech to begin that. Obviously he thought is was like the american tradition of just providing some inspiring background music to his speech "hollywood style" LOL!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by coquine
Why did they start playing after he had already begun his speech?

Is it protocol to play that when she stands?

When cultures come together, there is sometimes little screw ups. But when you have a visitor, a leader from another country, I would think a little flexibility and compromise on each part is necessary. Like just waiting until he was done with his toast speech to begin that. Obviously he thought is was like the american tradition of just providing some inspiring background music to his speech "hollywood style" LOL!

Tbh i think its the music players fault, they didn't let him finish his speech
the whole thing is funny, its good to see some comedy, too much bad news on the media lately

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Tell me what you think she says... i think its something like "It's my time" but i cant hear it

She says something along the lines of "Thats very kind"

www.bbc.co.uk...

Its did make me and my wife chuckle

edit on 25-5-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Well that was very awkward
, i bet he wanted to just stop talking and sit down, but that probably would have been worse, when he finished nobody (except for the queen) made even a little sound hehe, everyone just pretended nothing happened

If it was me, the one that would be mad would be me! not the queen, idiotic music staff can't you see i'm talking? respect me some more would you? i am the president!
Just look at his face after that happened, and just look at the second video with the queen's speech lol

But i think the queen made an even worse attempt, just takes out some printed notes and start reading, why can't she just say what she has on her mind? it looks as if she just doesn't care. Is this the script? ok whatever what a bore, i'll just read it and won't even pretend to really feel what i'm saying.

What happened to these people, where's the glamour? english royalty is not what it used to be

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Im glad these people have the time to play games while millions of people are dying everyday for their own personal gain. these people should be on the front lines doing the job themselves. Whatever the job is anymore.
edit on 25-5-2011 by reesie45 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
It wasn't that bad, I mean he was still clearly audible over the music and no one seemed much the wiser and just seemed to view it as background music. Could've been worse.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Atleast he did'nt pull out his huge black jungle snake and feed it to the queen, now that would have been awkward.

top topics

join