It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening NOW: Rand Paul has been holding the Senate floor to keep them from passing the Patriot Act

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

They have some crazy plans for us.

You think legalizing prostitution is CRAZY???

Even my Mother (DoB 1917) and Grandmother were FOR legalizing Prostitution. There is no way you are going to stamp out prostitution so Regulate it, TAX it, and protect those poor girls from disease and abuse instead of tossing them in jail.

As it stands now we have the highest incarceration rate in the world. One in four adults have a criminal record and therefore can not get a decent job. Our prisons are so overfull the Supreme Court has ordered California to remove thousands from their over crowded prisons...

So how about making drug and prostitution legal and focus on the REAL crimes, Murder, Rape, theft, and FRAUD (aka fractional reserve banking :lol
As it stands now, in one state, having ammunition (not a gun) WILL land you in jail for two years (a gun and Ammo is ten) but stealing a semi-truck and trailer and driving across state lines nets you a MAXIMUM of two months probation (with four prior convictions!)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

Tom Udall (Democrat NM) on the Senate floor calls for a full debate. Saying congress and the Senate acted in hast when passing it the first time....

GOOD for TOM!!!!

I think after this and after Nancy Pelosi said, "But we have to pass the [health care ] bill so that you can find out what is in it." It is past time for the READ THE BILL ACT!

Rep. Conyers: Don't Read the Bill

“I love these members, they get up and say, ‘Read the bill,’” said Rep. John Conyers. “What good is reading the bill if it’s a thousand pages and you don’t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?”

That's an elected member of Congress explaining why lawmakers shouldn't bother themselves with reading bills. It's just too gosh-darned difficult. And who's ever heard of lawyers working in congressional offices? Not me, no way.

Seriously, as a representative of a district, congressmen should know what they are voting on and, if they need help, they employ people who can help them read the bills and inform their decision-making process on behalf of their constituents.....

GOOD GRIEF! What the heck are we doing electing these S.O.B.'s for if it is not to REPRESENT OUR INTEREST???? And that means READING and UNDERSTANDING what they are voting FOR!

I thin it is time for THIS
(You will have to click the link to see why I am laughing)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The clearer you make it, that you do not represent joe didntgivemeabuck average, the more likely it is that those who did fund your election campaign, will fund your reelection campaign.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Pha3drus

He is running for president.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is why I am voting for Ron Paul, We are only asking that they do their freaking jobs! You think if I went to work and failed to read a report the people I work for would say: "Well it is really long, why read it, thats only what we pay you for!"

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Large Brother

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Was Rand Paul named after Ayn Rand? Scarrrry.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4
[more

I think you should consider
making a thread on this alone! Great post!

Kinda creepy though, to say the least.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

As it stands now we have the highest incarceration rate in the world. One in four adults have a criminal record and therefore can not get a decent job. Our prisons are so overfull the Supreme Court has ordered California to remove thousands from their over crowded prisons...
reply to post by crimvelvet

Sorry but no, California is releasing prisoners NOT because of over crowding, but because they are going BROKE and trying to trim the fat and cut corners......

They were talking about doing this last summer to bring down spending in California........

Over crowding had nothing to do with it

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well, it's over. Obama signed the four year extension minutes prior to the midnight deadline.

Paul agreed to let the bill go forward after he was given a vote on two amendments to rein in government surveillance powers. Both were soundly defeated.

source

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ugh SCREW that noise man, freaking call our representatives, shake up them senators days by telling them to bring it back to the floor, overturn that # in the courts. Oh gods if only our government wasn't such a freaking revolving door.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
So I Intentionally turned the volume up, and made it so my Dad( A somewhat left leaning Obama voter) had to listen to this from Rand.

First Question from him after it was over...

Q: who was that Guy?.( I have made him listen to Ron Paul on Issues in the past) And he really likes him.

A: Rand Paul, Ron Paul's son.

Him: Oh! You know What? I never liked that stupid patriot act.

Me: I know! What is the point of having Security , if you have to go through metal detectors? And if you have to do...(Insert famous.. "Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." Thomas jefferson."

Then i said.. Well Barak Obama just gave a big old..CHECK mark to the patriot act.

He shook his head and said "I know"

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomadmonkey

Things are moving in the "Right" Direction. So long as we can avoid the Douchebag's like Romney, Palin, Trump, Huckabee, and other's who speak only half truths. We need a Paul in the white House.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomadmonkey

And that other bag of crap Paul Ryan, does not count as a Paul in the White House.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Ron Paul's Wakeup Call: HumansAreFree.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Pha3drus

I guess he lost.....they passed it anyway.....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Originally posted by maria_stardust
The sad thing is this something that should have happened long before Obama came into office.

When the Patriot Act was first conceived all those years ago, I literally cringed at the mere thought of our civil rights and liberties being chiseled away. Now we're here nearly a decade later still trying to get this mess rescinded.
edit on 5/25/2011 by maria_stardust because: can't spell

The paid off puppets in the house and senate are not about to go
against what their puppet masters want.

Hillary has clearly said who is really in charge.

I like this wikipedia diagram of corruption
upload.wikimedia.org...

Apologize if this has been posted before

For those who do not know it, the CFR is not part of the government is a Rockefeller org.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join