It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening NOW: Rand Paul has been holding the Senate floor to keep them from passing the Patriot Act

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
GO RP!!

My favorite Ron Paul quote...

Truth Is Treason In An Empire Of Lies

(misread the headline but I'm still pumped up!!!)

GO RAND!!
edit on 25-5-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Lines are busy, mailbox full. I am going to fire an email to show support.

Another fight is in Texas right now today.

TSA and feds threatened Texas not to pass the gropping bill.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Texas number 512-463-0350.
Crash the phone systems............

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So, the Senate is sneaky and slipped the bill into a Small Business bill, you need to call your Senators and tell them to vote "NO" on S.990 - Small Business Additional Temporary Extension Act of 2011, this bill is now the Patriot Act.

www.senate.gov...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Why are people always wanting "OTHER" to fix their problems for them. Just look at who these "others" are that you are wanting to fix things. They are the the crooks themselves. people have got to come together themselves to put an end to all this mess "WE" created...WE created it, WE can stop it. People have got to start taking responsibility for themselves and quit depending on others to fix things. They will fix things alright, fix them just the way they want them to be in the first place. They love it when you run to them and say"Fix This, Change This".Your playing into their game. It's time to quit it and gather ourselves and take on these problems and fix them ourselves.If a person owns a bakery and people STOP buying what this man is selling, this man goes out of business.Lets stop buying this Bull$hit they are selling us and put them out of business.....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Why are people always wanting "OTHER" to fix their problems for them. Just look at who these "others" are that you are wanting to fix things. They are the the crooks themselves. people have got to come together themselves to put an end to all this mess "WE" created...WE created it, WE can stop it. People have got to start taking responsibility for themselves and quit depending on others to fix things. They will fix things alright, fix them just the way they want them to be in the first place. They love it when you run to them and say"Fix This, Change This".Your playing into their game. It's time to quit it and gather ourselves and take on these problems and fix them ourselves.If a person owns a bakery and people STOP buying what this man is selling, this man goes out of business.Lets stop buying this Bull$hit they are selling us and put them out of business.....

How?

2nd line.
edit on 5/25/2011 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pha3drus

It cannot be stopped anymore, because Harry Reid used a procedural trick and withdrew the entire Patriots Act bill itself, and instead copied its text (and all the provisions) into an attachment for a separate piece of Small Business legislation that is fillibuster proof.

So there is no more debate anymore, and no opportunity to offer any admendments anymore because the whole process has been circumvented.
__

On the same day, a peaceful protester was beaten up right in the U.S. House floor after the Israeli President spoke there, and is now recovering in a Hospital (at her expense). She was also officially arrested, and faces "charges".

We live in a dictatorship. There are no Democratic processes that really exist anymore in this Country.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Good for him.

I'll shoot an email right now.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Even if Ron DOES get elected to POTUS, I'd STILL vote for Rand for President at some point in the future.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Irregular

So you sign up just to post that?
Are you just trying to create a crowd for sheeple?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

The only way to help him is to call your representation and let them know how you feel about this situation! do nothing and go down in flames!

Do what I am doing. Collect the evidence (The bills they voted for and sponsored) and start passing the information out to all your neighbors, friends and strangers.

Forget the protests and stuff. Change the mind of the VOTERS one person at a time!

I also make sure people KNOW what the Fed and fractional reserve banking does - STEAL their wealth!

This is the best article I have seen so far that explains exactly what is really going on: The irresponsibility of Ben Bernanke and How he will Destroy the Dollar

This explains how the bankers steal our money: Web of Debt Article Dollar Deception: How Banks Secretly Create Money
edit on 25-5-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by crimvelvet because: fumble fingers

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here are links to the amendments made to the small business bill.

thomas.loc.gov...:FLD001:S03285

Start at text of Page S3281 and read through it.

Friggen dirty, sneaky, underhanded politics.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
ANOTHER PATRIOT!!!
His reason stands strong, however, he has to remove certain acts so that people can move more freely.

As well, there are no terrorists, just hired guns.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Not really. I was mainly wanting to test an avatar, but I did send an email. Why do you care anyway?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Go rand! i hope he wins this..i wanna hear n see george bush jr. being extremely aggitated over this, and start drinking heavily again like it was reported beforre leaving office. hope his liver turns to liquid, stops shaving too...i hope its blocked and severly aggravates him

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Oh my freaking word....how long has he been holding the floor?

Any word from any other Senators?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

On the same day, a peaceful protester was beaten up right in the U.S. House floor after the Israeli President spoke there, and is now recovering in a Hospital (at her expense). She was also officially arrested, and faces "charges".

Yeah, I read that she's also, actually, jewish, so the antisemite card can't be played, must be a self hating jew right?

good luck Rand, they will pass it, no matter what shenanigans are required. Once a government gets power, it rarely gives it up, especially powers so broad and sweeping that they change the very foundation of the country.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pha3drus

I wouldn't vote for Rant if he was the last candidate on earth. Have you really seen his politics and beliefs? Although he may be voting against the patriot act, he is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy to far to the right and would create an almost totalitarian rule based on a Christian version of Sharia Law. although SF thanks for keeping up on the times.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Go to the 2:32 mark in the show. Link

I believe that is still the way they think about it. Scary concept.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So Rand Paul is Ron Pauls son?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join