It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When a pet's love is all you have left

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Warning, these are sensitive stories, but reflect what we may be all going through...
The hard reality is the number of homeless people and families are growing from the job losses to natural disasters,...their pet family members are hit the hardest.
However, there may be help, until you're back on your feet. As well as hope for the lost...

When a pet's love is all you have left
Portland, Oregon (CNN)

More and more, people who until only recently had somewhere to live are out on the streets of Portland with their pets, said Amy Sacks, who runs the Pixie Project, a nonprofit pet store and shelter for animals. She tracks down homeless people in alleys and under bridges and makes her pitch as to why they should make sure their pets get proper care.

"It's the economy. I am taking so many animals that are family pets," said Sacks. "I just took in a 9-year-old dog, and these people were besides themselves. They had the dog since it was 7 weeks old, and they lost their home." ... Source: Edition

People's lives are being changed drastically right now...
Hope prevailed;
Lady reunites with her lost cat...

Judy Pugh of Tuscaloosa, Ala., lost her home and almost all her belongings when a tornado tore through the South on April 27. But there was one thing that went missing that she couldn't let go of: her long-haired cat, Katie.
After the storm settled and Pugh emerged from underneath the wall that may have saved her life, she found two of her three cats, but Katie, her companion of 10 years, was still missing.
For nearly a month, Pugh returned to her destroyed home every day to search for her furry friend, until, during an interview with CBS 42 in Birmingham, it miraculously appeared, a little tattered and scared, but alive and well. Source: newsfeed.time.com...

For those who have been displaced and have missing family, don't give up.

edit on 25-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I saw that video about the older lady finding her cat after 3 weeks, I was so happy for her and the cat, it made me cry too.

I find it heartbreaking that with so much devastation economically and with the weather, pets suffer greatly. There are many that consider the family pet expendable. I just saw a video yesterday about a family that brought their german shepard to the shelter that they had since it was a baby. They were moving to a new home and couldn't bring the dog. The poor dog went nuts with grief as he watch the family leave him behind, it was truly heartbreaking. If I didn't have so many kitties here I would drive to wherever that dog was and give him a forever home. I will try to find the video and post it if I can.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Thanks for the reply. Hope you can find the vid. I've tried to find more, but a lot have been removed.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I couldn't find it but I will continue looking for it and will post it when I do.

new topics

top topics

join