It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
For those that havn't seen water world, there is a pole shift and all the ice caps in the world melt... HRM, i wonder what that was from!?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Huh???

Would you like to elaborate more, and add some more content to this thread??

Questions like this can be asked on yahoo answers

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

i wonder what that was from!?

Thats easy to answer:
The mind of Kevin Costner...

...I actually liked Water World shame it sunk at the box office....
get it? Sunk...
hahaha
ahhhhhh never mind....

edit on 5/24/11 by EvolEric because: Gremlins

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
my statse in a drought if the ocean rises ill drink it

maybe if we do things right we can have more divers verity of foods like not just chicken and beef

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

ohhhh

I have a book that was printed in 1990...
Its a book of generic predictions...

but it had some Nostradamus predictions in it...
which were cool... I always have liked ol Michel
Nostradamus' predictions are the only cool thing about the book really...
I credit that book to opening my mind to the "mystic" world...

I was like 6 when I first read it...
thought it was funny... even then...

I wish I could find it...

Could give you a good laugh
by "Reading"(typing) some of the stuff in it to you

Most of them are failed...
one for example...
1999 was supposed to be a pole shift...
Fail...

Didnt Cayce back in the late 30's or 40's
mention a Pole shift?

so the idea of a Pole Shift isnt hardly new...

People been scaring the hell out of the masses
by "predicting"
Pole shift this...
Pole shift that...

oh... 1999... Humans were supposed to be saved by aliens...

oh well... too bad...

edit on 5/24/11 by EvolEric because: Gremlins

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
For those that havn't seen water world, there is a pole shift and all the ice caps in the world melt... HRM, i wonder what that was from!?

It says on IMDB :

Writers (WGA):
Peter Rader (written by) and
David Twohy (written by)

So it appears to have come from them.

Why is this in the 2012 forum, when it's a movie from 1995?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

haha,

you proved me wrong

now I know why they call you Badw0lf

BAD! lol

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Not sure what the OP is asking?
We're already in a pole shift. If a pole shift was to drastically happen, very large asteroid for ex. hits a major ocean or sea, floods would happen but the new poles will freeze(possibly soon after). So, it would balance out, the the world as whole won't be water.
edit on 24-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: hmm

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
IDK. Presumably we're supposed to know what particular thing we're supposed to be living in fear of. I can only hope it's not news of a new world-ending event. I have so many to worry about already, I'm not sure my sanity could manage another....
edit on 5/25/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: Removed judgmental remark....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I absolutely loved this movie. Very good depictation(sp?) of what the world could be like in an apocalyptic situation.
2nd line.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
If all the polar ice melted, it would wipe out a bunch of coastal cities, but there isn't enough water on the planet to cover all the land or even most of it. Habitable land would drop from 132 billion square miles all the way down to 128 billion square miles.

www.johnstonsarchive.net...

No big deal, just move out of Florida and you're good.
edit on 25-5-2011 by vexati0n because: it's late, ok?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
there would be no massive damage if there wasnt under water ice that perma frost they are talking about its not all water that turns to ice but if there is alot of under water ice then maybe there will be floods maybe i belaive that if we use the right colors when we paint buildings we could make it rain more in an area or less all depending on the color of a building then the raising ocean lvls will not matter so much be cause we caught it all or drank it or what ever

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
^
I
I

Well that post was a mess, some punctuation would be nice!

I liked the movie. Pretty unrealistic, but I still liked it. Was it really supposed to be a pole shift? I didn't think it said anything about how the world flooded..

And why would a pole shift cause flooding anyway? Like a magnetic pole shift? That wouldn't cause flooding.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by obzerver
there would be no massive damage if there wasnt under water ice that perma frost they are talking about its not all water that turns to ice but if there is alot of under water ice then maybe there will be floods maybe i belaive that if we use the right colors when we paint buildings we could make it rain more in an area or less all depending on the color of a building then the raising ocean lvls will not matter so much be cause we caught it all or drank it or what ever

After reading this, it would appear Nancy was right after all.

Just say NO kids.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
if the poles shifted the earth would rotate to center its self on a new magnetic path threw our solar system all the cold parts of the world would shift so if in the shift some of the cold parts could wind up on the new Equator make them hot like all the places on the Equator now the Polar ice caps would then melt completly but theres no saying that the magnetic fields will or can shift that far

never fear science is here

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by obzerver
if the poles shifted the earth would rotate to center its self on a new magnetic path threw our solar system all the cold parts of the world would shift so if in the shift some of the cold parts could wind up on the new Equator make them hot like all the places on the Equator now the Polar ice caps would then melt completly but theres no saying that the magnetic fields will or can shift that far

never fear science is here

Oh really?

The rotation of the earth has nothing to do with the magnetic poles. The earth's axis is NOT dependent upon the magnetic poles. If the magnetic poles shifted, compasses would point to a different area. There might be some other things that would happen, but the earth changing it's rotational axis is not one of them.

You know how the earth's axis is tilted? That's the only change the earth's axis ever had. Where as, magnetic poles have shifted in the past, the axis did not.

Is this why the 2012ers are so scared of a pole shift? Someone lied to you about what it means?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

A pole shift is crustal event in which the crust shifts over the mantle causing an apparent change in the position of the rotational pole. The evidence is very strong that there has not been a pole shift in 200My. There is good evidence for a pole shift some 800Ma. That shift took 15My to complete at the stunning rate of a meter a year. The term pole shift comes from Hancock who borrowed the idea from Hapgood who called it an ECD.

I believe you are referring to a change in the magnetic pole positions which is normal. That has been happening as long as the Earth's magnetic pole was located. Magnetic reversals are core events. The core is the source of the magnetic field.

So the magnetic pole shift we are having now is not going to affect the ice caps. We are definitely not experiencing a pole shift.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I'm glad someone else knows what they are talking about.

The only thing even close to what people are so scared of is Polar Wander, and that is not cataclysmic, it's a slow drawn out process.

There is no proof that the crust rapidly shifted around, or reason to believe it would happen again. In other words, it's not some accepted idea. It's a bunch of people taking a wild guess about a possibility, which really shouldn't be the basis for anything other than "what if" talk. But surely not the fear so many are spreading.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by obzerver

Are you saying that the color that buildings are painted can affect the weather? If there is flooding we can just drink it all?

Someone should have told Noah...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Water World was made in 1995. The scientific pronouncements about global warming started in 1988. So that discussion had already started when the movie was made.

The topic of who actually decides which movies get made is considered important by many conspiracy researchers because of the psi-ops aspect of popular entertainment.

I saw this movie as a video if I recall. I found the plot fascinating, but didn't pay much attention to the premise of how the oceans got so much higher. There were a lot of books and movies about surviving global disasters, and Water World was just another one. There must be a reason this message was (or is) being pushed. But I'm tired of trying to figure out what TPTB are up to. We all know things are changing. It's just a matter of how fast and how soon. And the best way to be prepared.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join