It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof We Didn't Go To The Moon?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hiya,
I found these two interesting photos from Apollo 17.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63a280b30170.jpg[/atsimg]

Can someone explain what is going on in this picture? To me it looks like the unloading of an unwrapped, un-assembled Lunar Rover.
Any ideas?

And this one is brilliant... really good quality photo of the Lunar Rover's wire mesh tyres. But where on earth are any Lunar Rover tracks... no tread marks anywhere to be seen... so the vehicle must have been placed there. Weird or is there a more mundane explanation?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe05cd80b756.jpg[/atsimg]

Apologies if these have been posted before on ATS and explained... perhaps someone could provide me with any links if that is the case.

Edit: The second photo has been cropped on insertion here... the original shows a wider view of the floor.
Photo is AS17-137-20979.jpg

edit on 27-5-2011 by manmental because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Now, I am very concerned.....FOR YOU!

Because....if memory serves, you have participated in threads on this topic, and BEEN INFORMED already, of this very thing you are (now, again) asking?? (
):

To me it looks like the unloading of an unwrapped, un-assembled Lunar Rover.

As you SHOULD (by now) already know....the LRV was designed to *fold*, for storage in the MESA compartment in the Descent Module.

Deploying the LRV was well-practiced.

You seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel, now.....

Hey!! Tell ya what......there is a video, on YouTube, of the LRV deployment. Gee, hang on, I will come back (on edit) with it...for everyone's entertainment and education..........

Hope everyone knows what "time-lapse" means??? This way, you don't have to sit through a boring several minutes of a rather mundane task:

edit on Fri 27 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
edit: silly question.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I don't smoke.....EVER.

And, I would caution you, on talk of that sort, on this site.

AS TO that photo.....it has been used, repeatedly, by many others. YOU, even if you say you just found it recently, probably did so from on of the various "HB" sites.....else, you wouldn't have posted it here.

If you bother to look, there are thousands of similar examples here on Earth, where because of camera angle, ground slope, and lighting conditions, the tire (or 'tyre') tracks in loose soil cannot be seen, in a single photo......that is the nature of photography....not EVERYTHING is necessarily revealed, in EVERY still shot.....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

This looks so fake ... I wonder where they filmed this ?? dessert maybe or they trucked in a combination of dirt resembling the moon how clever .. gee im just a plain ol RocketScienceAgent.

So many photos that have been remade all a part of the big hoax on moon missions..

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

You have SO MUCH to learn......>sigh

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

AND, this:

.....no tread marks anywhere to be seen...

IS a FLAT OUT LIE!!!

THIS is for the "NorthStarGal", too.....:

THIS video shows plenty of tracks, even as it shoots itself in the (maker's) foot.....his attempt is similar to many Hoax Believer's.......but, like them, he fails miserably......due to a complete lack of knowledge, and judging individual pictures WITHOUT CONTEXT!

PLEASE try to engage your mind and brain, and deny ignorance ........

edit on Fri 27 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

AS TO that photo.....it has been used, repeatedly, by many others. YOU, even if you say you just found it recently, probably did so from on of the various "HB" sites.....else, you wouldn't have posted it here.

If you bother to look, there are thousands of similar examples here on Earth, where because of camera angle, ground slope, and lighting conditions, the tire (or 'tyre') tracks in loose soil cannot be seen, in a single photo......that is the nature of photography....not EVERYTHING is necessarily revealed, in EVERY still shot.....

Are you serious? Here is the photo again... you can see every grain of 'moon soil'... your explanation about ground slope, angle, lighting makes no sense with THIS photo. Yes those are good reasons to question photos that are much wider.
But look man... its pin sharp crystal clarity. And not a hint of ANY tracks. At all.

How can this be?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb4a78604dce.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Your latest photo, the close-up??

Do this.....drive your car out onto a dirt road. Park, and get out.

Then, walk around it, get stuff out, and kick up a lot of dirt, and spread it around with your feet. Not intending to, of course....just do what comes naturally, as you walk, step,and kick dirt around....with your feet.

DO this NEAR the car.

Take a picture, later.....and see how your tire tracks might be covered up, from the dislodged dirt your feet kicked around.

Of course....it is only ONE example photo....of the immediate area, near the vehicle. Gee.....if only you had thought....THOUGHT!....to go back aways, and take more pictures, of the undisturbed tire tracks.......OR, instead of using selected and carefully culled *examples* (in a very deceptive manner, ans done by ALL hoax believers).....just use those photos that "prove" you "argument"...

/sarcasm

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

There ain't even sand or dust particles on the tier.
It looks like it has been hoisted on to the spot.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
There is no vacuum on the moon. It has an atmosphere.

You can HEAR the hammer striking the stake as the astronaut hammers away at it during the Apollo mission. He was doing some of the Lunar Surface Experiments setting things up.

Either that or he was hammering away on Earth...and not on the moon. You need air for sound to travel.

Why hasn't Japan, India, or China released high resolution pictures from their lunar satellite missions that went up recently? All we can see is Japans and they are low resolution pictures you could take yourself with a Kmart telescope with a digital camera duct taped to it.

I find it odd those 3 countries haven't released high resolution images of the moon.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

There ain't even sand or dust particles on the tier.
It looks like it has been hoisted on to the spot.

Well spotted. The videos of the Rover in action show them kicking up masses of dust. And none lands on the Rover.

Weed... I'm sorry but your analogy of a car tyre is awful. So your saying that dust is covering up the tracks in this photo? Dust kicked up by astronauts?
Well I'd say that is extremely far fetched given the clarity of tracks and footprints you yourself have presented, but if you choose to believe that then fine.

Others on here, myself included are convinced a lot of Lunar photos were recreated on the Earth.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Someone STARRED this????:

There is no vacuum on the moon. It has an atmosphere.

Oh, dear...oh, dear......

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Photo analysis of NASA photos supposedly proving NASA is lying. Now doesn't that just seem kinda odd?

What you hoaxers need is a third party analysis to prove NASA is lying, you simply can't cherry pick which NASA data you subscribe to, to disprove NASA data.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

How about a path track turn? the marks are behind the tire because they turned into that spot. Its a true reach to disprove moon landing with a photo you know nothing about. Give us the link to where the photo came from, would go a long way for your short point.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Pfffft.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Um, didn't you see the astronauts continuously pick up the rover and replace it before it was fully loaded like a toy?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I appreciate what you're saying, there....

But.....*they* may mis-interpret it.

TO ALL......The LRV couldeasily be picked up, and re-positioned....two Astronauts, easily cold lift that thing, and move it....

Keep that in mind, EVERY time you try to use a SINGLE still shot, as so-called *proof*.....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Perhaps they picked it up and placed it there. The rover was light enough for the astronauts to do this -- and they in fact on occasion DID do this. The rover weighed about 80 pounds, considering the Moon's reduced gravity. Two astronauts could very easily pick it up and move it.

EDIT: I should read the rest of the thread next time -- I see others have already brought this up.
edit on 5/27/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Another possible explanation is that this was taken right after they repaired that fender. I suppose all the work in conducting that repair, the two astronauts could have disturbed the soil behind the tire, obscuring the track. I do see some semblance of something that could be the remnants of a track immediately behind that tire (I see a short straight line).

The soil behind the front tire is obviously quite disturbed, probably due to the astronauts getting in and out of the seat, so that could be why the front track is not visible.

edit on 5/27/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join