It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof We Didn't Go To The Moon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
While reading this article on NASA's new deep space exploration spacecraft.
Article
A pretty cool article in itself

One quote jumped right out at me,,,

"We are committed to human exploration beyond low-Earth orbit and look forward to developing the next generation of systems to take us there," NASA adminstrator Charlie Bolden said in a statement.

If I'm not mistaken this implies we have never been beyond low Earth orbit! Which to me speaks volumes regarding our "moon missions". I personally don't believe we have.

Now don't get me wrong I'm a conspiracy theorist to the heart, and maybe I'm reading too much into this,,,,or am I? What do you think?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

I think the remark about "the next generation..." of stuff go go somewhere implies that we've gone there before. I think it's all about the mindset you use to interpret the discussion you're looking at here. I like these theories too, but I do think we've gone to the moon, or at the very least around it.

+8 more 
posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Dear sonsigliere,

Next generation to take us there not the last generation that we used 40 years ago. If you live in California or Florida then you know people that worked on the moon missions, they happened. If you consider how many people worked on them, how many people saw them in person and how many people would have to be lying, it would blow your mind.

If we had not been there, the Russians would have been the first to point it out before the world. It was very expensive to go there and with all our technology, we could do it better today; but, to what end? Should we return to the moon without a plan and without it providing something useful? I am willing to consider developing it to allow us to go further into space; but, we are not ready to go far enough. Technology has to catch up to make traveling 20 light years make any good sense.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

He is referring to what NASA currently does now! proof bahahahahah! Go look at the definition!
edit on 24-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Dear consigliere

Sorry I don’t really see anything in that statement that make your point.

It would seam that now we have the answer to the Van Allen belt “Arerogel” it has almost no weight so we don’t need lead en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

That is a spectacular way of putting it.
I think you could assess that to the lot of people who don't
think We've been there.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I can understand what you guys are saying,,,but he says "Human Exploration,beyond low Earth orbit".The key word to me is "exploration". Our current mission is not exploring the universe but building an international space station.So for him to say this,makes me think we havent "explored" beyond low Eart orbit,,,,,but i could be wrong

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear sonsigliere,

Next generation to take us there not the last generation that we used 40 years ago. If you live in California or Florida then you know people that worked on the moon missions, they happened. If you consider how many people worked on them, how many people saw them in person and how many people would have to be lying, it would blow your mind.

If we had not been there, the Russians would have been the first to point it out before the world. It was very expensive to go there and with all our technology, we could do it better today; but, to what end? Should we return to the moon without a plan and without it providing something useful? I am willing to consider developing it to allow us to go further into space; but, we are not ready to go far enough. Technology has to catch up to make traveling 20 light years make any good sense.

Using this rationale,,,what is the point of any of it? Why try and go to Mars? Why build a space station?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Dear sonsigliere,

People working is not equal people landing. A few people left alive who faked it. The rest don't need to lie.

There is no solid proof as of yet what human being ever been on the moon.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

Dear Mapkar,

Thank you for your kind words. I had family involved in the projects. At least five of my elders worked on it, I lived where they did some of the work. When the program ended I watched the area go into a recession, if someone knew a different truth they would have given it up just to have a job. The space program changed our world, it got us computers, new metal techniques and a feeling that we can progress.

I remember the day they landed on the moon (yes, I am that old). I remember my father placing our television outside of our apartment (we had 25 inch color, quite a thing at the time) and everybody watched (yes the picture was in black and white from the moon). As a very young boy I remember the first space walk. I was fortunate enough to see these things and the world was together for a moment, everybody was amazed. Hundreds of thousand of people worked on those projects including members of my family (all dead now). I cannot imagine them all lying about it.

I believe some of the pictures were posed, of course, you do that at such events; but, we were there. There are those who listen to astronauts say that they believe there are aliens, they cannot accept that from people they believe lied about going to the moon. That is contradictory. You have to pick your conspiracies and keep them straight. I saw the movie "Capricorn 1" when it came out and it was just a movie.

I enjoy reading and looking at posts about the earth being hollow, us not going to the moon and aliens; but, in the end they are just exercises. We live here and can help one another, there was another series of tornadoes in the midwest and it is not over. We can pray for them and donate money and blood (not all can donate blood, I am not allowed to because the ex gave me herpes). I do hope people stop sending clothes and toys, send money they know what is needed. Be well.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere

Dear sonsigliere,

Using this rationale,,,what is the point of any of it? Why try and go to Mars? Why build a space station?

When we can do it without taxing the nation to death, it will be worth progressing towards. We should explore, we won't be ready to bring anything back for awhile. Explore within reason, progress as we are ready. I have never been to the moon; but, to know we have lets us know what is possible. I think of it in terms of budgeting. Take care of the basic needs, some entertainment and some exploration. Do we have to limit ourselves to not having any program of exploration, we have enough to try some things. My opinion.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I can understand what you guys are saying,,,but he says "Human Exploration,beyond low Earth orbit".The key word to me is "exploration". Our current mission is not exploring the universe but building an international space station.So for him to say this,makes me think we havent "explored" beyond low Eart orbit,,,,,but i could be wrong

Sorry, you ARE mistaken. Did you read the whole article? Are you like 12 or something? Can you do math without a calculator? Did your first experience in school have a video monitor display? Do you have any grasp of the concept of finance? Return of investment or anything grounded like that?

Have you ever browsed NASA.com?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I can appreciate everything you are saying.Actually I have a great deal of respect for the things you said.I am just curious if you have ever seen this A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon

Whether you believe it or not,it does make one think.Also its refreshing to see compassion for our fellow man
God Bless

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

You seem to be stumbling over this:

...but he says "Human Exploration,beyond low Earth orbit".The key word to me is "exploration". Our current mission is not exploring the universe but building an international space station.

The comment was just to express the desire and goal to continue exploring beyond LEO. After all, Apollo was around 40 years ago, and that only scratched....heck, barely poked at, the surface of "exploration".

Space is vast, and difficult....and, in real terms that people can relate to..."expensive". The will is there, the technology (again) is certainly feasible, but.....it is a huge investment of "money". Which, is an impediment.....

The ISS is certainly a platform of usefulness, if it would only not be hamstrung by the ever-present budget constraints.

Further manned exploration is still going to be challenging, but it will happen. Perhaps not as rapidly as many of us would have hoped, though....obviously. Because of those same budgetary restraints, robotics have been used instead of Humans. This, while useful in gathering some data, ultimately isn't the same.......

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Sorry, you ARE mistaken. Did you read the whole article? Are you like 12 or something? Can you do math without a calculator? Did your first experience in school have a video monitor display? Do you have any grasp of the concept of finance? Return of investment or anything grounded like that?

Have you ever browsed NASA.com?

Read the whole article.Im 40.Can do math without a calculator.Cant remember my first experience at school.I sell Life Insurance,so I have a pretty good grasp of finances,return of investments and the like.Spend quite a bit of time on NASA's site,,,,now whats your point?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'm a space enthusiast, but by no means an expert. Is it possible that the Moon is included in the realm of "low earth orbit" since we're dealing with only 400,000km, compared to say the exploration of Mars at over 55 million km.

As stated above, I believe it most likely refers to the advancement and increasing of exploration past Earth's orbit; I doubt they could slip up so seriously as to imply we have never left Earths orbit... interesting statement none the less.
edit on 24/5/2011 by proph3t777 because: Official NASA term "Low Earth Orbit" is 2000km or below in altitude. There goes my theory

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Please!!!!

I finished my post, above...and then saw your reference to that travesty of a "doc"umentary. It is a terrible, terrible mish-mash of mistakes, lies and misconceptions....

Shall I go on??

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

You seem to be stumbling over this:

...but he says "Human Exploration,beyond low Earth orbit".The key word to me is "exploration". Our current mission is not exploring the universe but building an international space station.

The comment was just to express the desire and goal to continue exploring beyond LEO. After all, Apollo was around 40 years ago, and that only scratched....heck, barely poked at, the surface of "exploration".

Space is vast, and difficult....and, in real terms that people can relate to..."expensive". The will is there, the technology (again) is certainly feasible, but.....it is a huge investment of "money". Which, is an impediment.....

The ISS is certainly a platform of usefulness, if it would only not be hamstrung by the ever-present budget constraints.

Further manned exploration is still going to be challenging, but it will happen. Perhaps not as rapidly as many of us would have hoped, though....obviously. Because of those same budgetary restraints, robotics have been used instead of Humans. This, while useful in gathering some data, ultimately isn't the same.......

How do you know what his intentions were?Now ive agreed i could be wrong,,,but im not adding to substantiate my position,,,im simply looking at what was said and drawing a conclusion

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I can appreciate everything you are saying.Actually I have a great deal of respect for the things you said.I am just curious if you have ever seen this A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon

Whether you believe it or not,it does make one think.Also its refreshing to see compassion for our fellow man
God Bless

Dear consigliere,

I have not seen the video; but, I will watch it. I have read about this question. A lot of time has passed and there is nothing wrong with questioning history. Still some of us were there and knew people involved. I take the same approach when people try to tell me that the New Testament hundreds of years later, I ask them why so many first century Christians allowed themselves to be killed before the book was written. We can look at history and ask if it makes sense that the people involved all lied and it doesn't.

Thank you for your kind words, keep asking questions, I would and do. Be well.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Please!!!!

I finished my post, above...and then saw your reference to that travesty of a "doc"umentary. It is a terrible, terrible mish-mash of mistakes, lies and misconceptions....

Shall I go on??

Do what you like.I said it was thought provoking not the gospel,,,,but do tell

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join