It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Call To Add Lithium To Our Drinking Water!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well, OP you have a right to be upset, as we all do!

BBC news article saying Lithium curbs suicide:
BBC News
edit on 24-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

My question (rehtorical) is....why TF does the government/scientists Give a # if I kill myself????

I'll tell you why they don't want their citizens to start killing themselves off....wait....no, I don't think I have to, I know you all are bright enough to figure that one out yourselves.!!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Why oh why can't we just have plain CLEAN water instead of it being contaminated either by accident or design.

Oh yeah thats right, they want a compliant, dumbed down slave workforce so they can be masters and we can be serfs.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
A lot of water in a lot of the parts of the world already have lithium as a natural constituent of their drinking water - Japan and Argentina, for example (and parts of the US).

It seems many of you are confusing this with the stuff they used to market for bipolar disorder. The major issue with that stuff was the quantities that needed to be taken in order for it to work efficiently. The amount they are talking about in drinking water is much, much less - trace amounts, in fact. As such, they do not have the same side affects associated with LiCl as a medication.

Also, to the person who mentioned that lithium is explosive: true, but that is for lithium metal. Not the same as a lithium salt.

Some good papers to read on the subject (because news and media articles intellectually valuable as the paper their written on):

www.springerlink.com...

(many of you won't have full access to this one, but you can read the abstract):

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The point of this next one is to show that Li is already in the water:

www.sciencedirect.com...

It's important to note a couple of things with that last one. Firstly, Li appears as a trace element due and comes from natural sources - i.e., it's pre-existing in the water before it gets bottled. Secondly, the abstract notes that initial Li concentrations are comparable to that found in the blood-plasma of a patient being treated with Li. This may be true, I won't deny that, but it is critical to remember that blood plasma levels are nowhere near the same as the amounts that were ingested by the patient. In fact, this site states that initial dosages should start at 600mg and increase in due course. This is considerably higher than the amounts quoted in water samples for the first two sources. Indeed, even in Argentina, where water is laden with lithium, you only ever get about 1000ug/L (that's a thousand micrograms) - so 1mg, which is 600 times less than in the starting dose of a tablet. In addition to that, the body can clear excess lithium from the body via the kidneys quite quickly. So that 1000 ug/L is quite rapidly reduced and thus, significantly less that mentioned in this paper.

I'm not sure if lithium will ever be added to water supplies because I'm not sure if there's any point. It's already there, for the most part at least.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
What effect would the consumption of lithium have?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervalentiodine

I'm not sure if lithium will ever be added to water supplies because I'm not sure if there's any point. It's already there, for the most part at least.

I suppose the scientists should have consulted you first before wating their time doing all of this "Research".

The questions remains, What in the hell is wrong with us just having CLEAN drinking water with NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING added????????

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Link

Ohhh boy, here we go.
This would be funny if it weren't so scary.
What world am I living in???

1984 was supposed to be a book, not an instruction manual!!!

Can I get off of this ride now, I thnk I am going to puke!!

In 50 years people will scoff at the idea of having drinking water without added lithium, just the way they scoff at the idea of drinking unflouridated water.
"Flouride is good for your teeth, the Dentist told me so. It helps keep your teeth strong and white and healthy".
"Lithium is good for your brain function. It helps maintain a sense of well being and balances the chemicals in our brains, the Doctor told me so".

This is what our kids will be taught in Kindergarten.
This is what Doctors will support for healthy brain function.
This is a world I officially don't want to live in anymore!!!!

I don't like the fact that this is even being TALKED about!!!!
If this is a joke,......IT ISN"T FUNNY!!!!
If this is from an unreliable source......SCREW THEM for making me # my pants when I read the article!!!

Either way this pans out I don't care....I want out of this nightmare!!!!

edit on 24-5-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

fluoride the molecular ion( F-) of fluorine( F ) is a dangerous corrosive gas.

Fluoride has sedative effects along with being a corrosive free radical. The nazi's used that substance and others to drug people into slurred apathetic stupor.

THIS IS ALREADY IN THE WATER.

Lithium salts are an excellent anti-psychotic drug. They are WAY more powerful sedatives compared to fluorine.
A lot of people with mental illness are given lithium based compounds to medicate their mental disorders.
edit on 25-5-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Will it make us run longer in electronics?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
WTF!? Why can't they just put vodka in the water? OR better yet.... Patrone with lime.

MOTF!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Why don't they skip all this hoo-aah and put some cyanide in there?

"Breaking News, the government has just approved putting cyanide in our water supply. While in large doses it is a deadly chemical, studies found that the dose can be fine tuned to make our fingernails grow stronger, and also improves our bone structure."

America, you suck more and more every day.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'll have to keep an eye on this. All I want in my water is, well, water. Methinks it's time to start saving up for that atmospheric water generator. At least if I have one of those in my garage in humid Tennessee I should have plenty of lithium-free/fluoride-free water. Hopefully it will filter out whatever they are/plan to be spraying into the atmosphere too.

edit on 5/25/2011 by yadboy because: spelling, or lack thereof

edit on 5/25/2011 by yadboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Is this to be added into tap water or bottled water.
This would mean pets and infants would ingest it as well.

This is just going too far
S& F for bringing this to our attention.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Poison in your tap water!!!!!

I have checked my local water annual report, they have only got 2009 but they have 16 counts of metaldehyde.
This is the poison they put down for rats. It makes them bleed internally and stops the coagulation process.

It does this in humans too. And the water company say at the bottom of the report,'It is an industrial wide problem'. In other words it is in all the tap water in UK (I don't know about USA-Ask your local water co. for a report).
Kids have been dying over here from bleeding out, while ill from Flu in hospital-Now you know why.

But I have found out the antidote-TAKE PEANUTS. A couple everyday. Got this from a pest control guy.

Pass it on-this is not a joke.
Peace and Love.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Here in Holland they are lobbying for giving kids fluoride pills, some things really wrong if they want to implement things like this.

I say replace the gold leafs on the food of the decadent elites/politicians for lithium, fluoride and any other junk they throw in our food and drinks.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I got news for you.....

This has been going on since 2009 at least.

Study from May 2009

FOX News December 2009

I am not sure if they have already added it to the U.S. water supply or not, but it has been added to the water supply in places such as Argentina and Chili and so far teh results show that it possible damages the Thyroid.

Argentina 2011

Chilean drinking water 2011

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here's an idea......

let us drink a frackin' glass of water that isn't spiked with industrial $h!t !!

Is it too much ask that water be left as H2O? There's plenty of it to go around. Why dilute it with chemicals?

Oh wait, I know why... because they're the government and incapable of leaving $h!t alone. They aren't gonna be happy until they "accidentally" create a "situation" which will end up killing millions, and then they'll say "oops. Lets try doing this instead." You'd do better to drink your own piss filtered through a Mr. Coffee. At least then you know what's in it.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
What effect would the consumption of lithium have?

Lithium is one of the most dangerous drugs out there, the side-effects of lithium are very dangerous, doctors and scientists still do not know how it works in the human body, they just know it works well for bipolars and its side effects have therapeutic affects on a disease called SIADH. Side effects include:

1. congenital heart problems in newborns if taken by pregnant women (Ebsteins Anamoly, and malformation of great vessels)
2. Heart block
3. hypothyroidism
4. nephrogenic diabetes insipidus (receptors in kidneys do not work)
5. Birth defects
This list is just off the top of my head, there may be more.

If they are attempting to put this in our water, they should be hanged. This drug is very closely monitored when prescribed as it has a small therapeutic window. Putting it in our waters should be considered criminal.
edit on 25-5-2011 by DrChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This guy is unbelievable:

Despite uncovering what he thought was a public health breakthrough, Schrauzer was denounced for suggesting that supplemental lithium might offer a cure-all for myriad social woes.

"People were convinced I was trying to impose mass mind control," Schrauzer, now 80 years old and a professor emeritus at the University of California, San Diego and director of the Biological Trace Element Research Institute, told The Daily. "There was widespread ignorance about what lithium does and what we as scientists were proposing to do with it. There was then, and there is now"

Source

First can I just say on behalf of the majority of people in the US, no forced medication not even via the water!

Professor Schrauzer, people thought you were trying to impose mass mind control because YOU WERE!!

And no sir, we weren't ignorant then or now to say "No don't FORCE medicate us, you don't have the right!"

We are actually well aware of it's effects and we don't want them, those that do go to their Dr and get a prescription, see they have freedom of choice and either choose meds or don't, you don't force medicate PERIOD!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Scientists call for all sorts of different things. Doesn't mean it happens. That article went on at length about observations by those in the scientific community, and the uproar of the public at the mention of their idea. Pretty much what we'll read in this thread, me thinks.

Aside, I don't know anyone who drinks tap water. Admittedly, I live in one of the original 13 colonies, a highly industrialized state. We started paying the price of commerce long ago, when protective laws covering manufacturing, chemicals and disposal did not exist. Living now in a lovely rural area of the State, the tap water here is unpleasant naturally due to high mineral content. Bottled water was a steady seller long before I moved here.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

First of all its not a drug its a mineral. It is one of the rearest minerals on the planet which in very small doses is in almost everything. American geologists have been examing an area in Afghanistan in the belief that a large amount of litium can be found there. In high doses it is poisonous and can prove fatal which is why presciptions are required. It is believed in small doses lithium can prolong the life span of humans. It has been proven to be effective in treatment for mood swings. It was first used by the medical profession for heart medication however is no longer used for that purpose. The part that gets me is why they would want to put a very rare mineral in our drinking water. I have pondered the question of how they are going to obtain enough lithuim to make enough batteries for all these electric cars they are wanting us to buy. There is no way at this time they could possibly have enough to treat all the drinking water on a continual basis in the US.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join