It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Call To Add Lithium To Our Drinking Water!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Link

Ohhh boy, here we go.
This would be funny if it weren't so scary.
What world am I living in???

1984 was supposed to be a book, not an instruction manual!!!

Can I get off of this ride now, I thnk I am going to puke!!

In 50 years people will scoff at the idea of having drinking water without added lithium, just the way they scoff at the idea of drinking unflouridated water.
"Flouride is good for your teeth, the Dentist told me so. It helps keep your teeth strong and white and healthy".
"Lithium is good for your brain function. It helps maintain a sense of well being and balances the chemicals in our brains, the Doctor told me so".

This is what our kids will be taught in Kindergarten.
This is what Doctors will support for healthy brain function.
This is a world I officially don't want to live in anymore!!!!

I don't like the fact that this is even being TALKED about!!!!
If this is a joke,......IT ISN"T FUNNY!!!!
If this is from an unreliable source......SCREW THEM for making me # my pants when I read the article!!!

Either way this pans out I don't care....I want out of this nightmare!!!!

edit on 24-5-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
That does sound messed up but who knows what's in there already (besides fluoride), there could already be lithium in there.

Oh by the way, did you know that 7UP used to have lithium in it?
The 7 is for the 7 letters of lithium and the UP is for the direction that the bubbles go.
The more you know! lol

edit on 24-5-2011 by Fishticon84 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

sorry you have one mistake in your op

with lithium in the water

people shall not be able to express what you mean by "scoff"

www.newscientist.com...

www.sciencedaily.com...

its good for ya...

just ask

edit on 24/5/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Great, another added eliment.

Is this a reliable source?

Don't get me wrong though, the reliable ones usually harbour the scariest revelations.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
And a little thing I wonder about fluoride..
WHY would dentists want you to use it if its good for your teeth?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

lol

Good post.

ETA: You added Nirvana! Awesome man. Wish I had sound available so I could hear that amazing song. Will listen tomorrow, I love it when people post on topic songs that are classic.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
For some reason, I'm thinking about the "Are you gellin'?" commercials.

If this were implemented, you'd have many more car accidents, but less road rage.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
And a little thing I wonder about fluoride..
WHY would dentists want you to use it if its good for your teeth?

Because it's not! Simple as.

I attended a private dentist for years and every time I went (every six month) I needed something or other doing.

Haven't been to see him in four years since I stopped using toothpaste and stuck to water and colloidal silver - not one thing wrong with my teeth now.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Lithium reacts violently with water.

By violently I mean it is an explosive hazard, with extremely toxic gasses.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I took Lithium for a while...

it made me happy until It poisoned my system...

I suffer from a case of Ataxia today from it...

Not supposed to be according to "Experts"

But you tell my muscles that...

but... I read once... that a certain state... Vermont maybe? had Lithium in their ground water...

They are supposed to be the happiest state around... hahaha

yeah right...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
My question is why do they put fluoride in the drinking waters of America and tell you that its good for your teeth and they also add fluoride in toothpaste. How much fluoride does one need to have good teeth. I believe that there is something wrong with the health system in this country.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
what i find funny is that flouride in the water is explained as.. 'good for your teeth'

and now lithium?

i took lithium for a number of years, prescribed ( don't worry i'm off all poisons now and much more sane
)
only problem is the # literally has rotted out my teeth, each year i get abouot a dozen cavities yet i was never warned of the dry mouth at night side effect, who pays the price? me

but it's ironic about that point, i feel bad for the idiot humans who will be ingesting this stuff

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Who is adding lithium to the drinking water or is this a rant? What is your source? I recall and old article about natural lithium being linked to less suicides and some Think Tank suggesting it, but beyond that? Traces are found from idiots flushing their pills down the toilet but I don't see how they are in on anything other than being dumb and to lazy to dispose of their pills in the right manner.

Who exactly made the "Call to add lithium to our drinking water" other than the one passing suggestion that went nowhere? Think Tanks think up ideas that are mostly ignored.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Cautions A patient should have a physical exam before lithium is started. Kidney function, thyroid, blood salts, & blood cell count should be checked & an ECG considered. There are some patients who probably should not be given lithium, such as patients with kidney or heart disease, those who are taking thiazide diuretics for high blood pressure, those who are severely debilitated, & those who require low sodium diets. Low sodium intake can result in toxic lithium blood levels. Lithium Dosages Supervision of the lithium blood level is extremely important. If the level is too low, the symptoms will not be controlled. If it is too high, the resulting toxic condition can be very dangerous. The correct dosage of lithium is partly determined by the weight of the patient. An average beginning dose is about 300 milligrams 2 to 4 times a day. Blood measuring should be done twice weekly for the first 2 weeks, once a week for the next 3 or 4 weeks, at 2 week intervals for the next 2 months, then monthly. The best time to draw the blood is 12 hours after the patient has taken his last dose. The desired blood level is usually between .6 & 1.2mEQ/L. A level higher than 1.5 mEq/L may be unsafe. Levels below .5 to .6 mEq/L should be considered adequate only for some elderly persons or those who can't tolerate more. For patients who object to having blood drawn, there is a way of checking the lithium via saliva. If a patient who has been taking lithium stops, they may experience anxiety, tension, palpitation, nausea, diarrhea, restlessness, & headaches. Side Effects of Lithium Among the side effects may be nausea, loss of appetite, & mild diarrhea. They are common during the early weeks, but usually diminish with time. Patients may also experience dizziness & a fine tremor of the hands. Tremors are less likely if the dose is increased slowly, rather than rapidly. They may be diminished if the patient takes smaller doses several times a day. The use of Lithobid, may also reduce the severity of tremors. 40 to 80 mg. per day of Inderal (propranolol) can control tremors. However, Inderol will also lower blood pressure & reduce the heart rate. Sudden discontinuation of Inderol may result in anxiety & tremulousness. Patients with kidney disease should not be given lithium. Increased production of urine & excessive thirst are two side-effects which are usually not problems. Midamor, twice a day, can reduce the urine problem. To prevent kidney damage, patients should be maintained on the lowest effective dose. It was found that taking all the lithium in one daily dose at bedtime diminished the urine problem. Other potential side effects include weight gain, hypothyroidism, increased white blood cell count, skin rashes, & birth defects. If the concentration of lithium becomes too great, more serious problems will appear. Nausea may become more severe & there may be vomiting, diarrhea, sluggishness, dizziness, muscle twitchings, & an irregular heartbeat. Any of these signs are likely to be present for several days & should send a patient promptly to a doctor to have his blood level of lithium measured. Drug Interactions. Lithium can interact with many different drugs including Ibuprophin (Advil, etc.), Acetazolamide, Antihypertensives, Anti inflammatory drugs, Calcium channel blockers, Carbamazepine, diuretics, hydroxyzine, ibuprofen, inderal, procardia, marijuana, muscle relaxants, neuroleptics, table salt, baking powder, tetracycline, tricyclic antidepressants, MAO inhibitors, caffeine, an other drugs. If you or your relative use any of these, you should discuss the possible side effects with your doctor.

www.medhelp.org...

excessive thirst?

so if one adds it to water... hmmmm

win win

interacts with pretty much every legal drug we intake

awesome, gotta love a catalyst

"don't drink the water, we need it for the fire"

so what price are YOU willing to pay for happiness?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

you mean think tanks like /b/ilderberg, CFR or Club Of Rome?

yeah think tanks full of idiots, and by idiots i mean those people that have ideas, yeah those people never get their ideas forward.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Apparantly I accidentally deleted the link.
Yes it is a rant also.
I don't like this even if it is just a think tank!!!
This should never even be an option on the table for discussion!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

like we need people more poisoned and hopped up on dope then they are now, seriously there has to be interactions between all there's chemicls

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Link

Ohhh boy, here we go.
This would be funny if it weren't so scary.
What world am I living in???

1984 was supposed to be a book, not an instruction manual!!!

Can I get off of this ride now, I thnk I am going to puke!!

In 50 years people will scoff at the idea of having drinking water without added lithium, just the way they scoff at the idea of drinking unflouridated water.
"Flouride is good for your teeth, the Dentist told me so. It helps keep your teeth strong and white and healthy".
"Lithium is good for your brain function. It helps maintain a sense of well being and balances the chemicals in our brains, the Doctor told me so".

This is what our kids will be taught in Kindergarten.
This is what Doctors will support for healthy brain function.
This is a world I officially don't want to live in anymore!!!!

I don't like the fact that this is even being TALKED about!!!!
If this is a joke,......IT ISN"T FUNNY!!!!
If this is from an unreliable source......SCREW THEM for making me # my pants when I read the article!!!

Either way this pans out I don't care....I want out of this nightmare!!!!

yep..and it destroys the liver ~!! I know, my mom was on it for 20yrs.. before they got her off of it and reversed the damge some, how much I don't know..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestof83

seriously there has to be interactions between all there's chemicls

there is, its called Cancer.

everything has chemicals added

everything seems to cause cancer now

what is the common link?

and why are the people in the third world dying of EVERYTHING but cancer?

maybe its the lifestyle, and the system

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I heard about this about a year ago on a local radio comedy talk show. Seems they have already done test runs in Japan "highest suicide rate of all nations supposedly". Mass dosing people of anything via drinking water has never been a good idea.
edit on 24-5-2011 by SiKFury because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join