It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia needs a revolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by backinblack

...And a revolution is in the best interest for your children?
I said things aren't peachy but they aren't so bad the government needs violently overthrowing.

edit on 25/5/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

We have the same BS 2 party system here like everywhere else..
Our pollies ignore the view of the people..

I say the system is broken and needs replacing..
If that requires a revolution then so be it..
Revolutions do NOT have to be violent...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think every country will do something before it is over.

Am just waiting for the new IMF to kick in so the food prices come down.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

It's not two party any more, the basis is but now BOTH parties need to appease more and more Greens and even Independents.

This alone is a clear sign for the two parties that people aren't happy with them anymore.

If it makes a difference? Can't say but each election we have more and more of the younger generation voting, out numbering the older staunch lib/lab generations.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

It's not two party any more, the basis is but now BOTH parties need to appease more and more Greens and even Independents.
This alone is a clear sign for the two parties that people aren't happy with them anymore.
If it makes a difference? Can't say but each election we have more and more of the younger generation voting, out numbering the older staunch lib/lab generations.

Here's a prediction then Chad..
Turnbull will again lead the opposition and we will then have bipartisan agreement for a carbon tax that the majority of tax payers don't want..

BTW, I predicted the hung election..
Great way for Government to pass laws that are unpopular and blame the situation..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

A hung parliament wasn't hard to predict, we all knew it was going to be close, same as the UK elections and US elections.

What it will eventually mean is more bipartisanship.

That's when things may go down the drain.

Next federal election will be very interesting, especially if Gillard puts the carbon tax against it as some have challenged her to do.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The system is screwed..
They no longer represent the people..
They simply can't when they must toe the party line..
Voting is a waste of time and many know it...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Man, Everyone here is feeling the same, Chad...deep down you know something has to be done. If we want to somehow achieve a better life, the only way is revolution because no matter WHO is put in place of Gillard, they will not represent us the way we should be.

What we cant do though is get too distracted from other world events. What ALL these revolutions and coinciding world events could be are distractions from something that will effect the world over. Comet Elenin is a very suspicious object and I have very bad feelings about it. I feel the Harold Camping thing was to show us he was false and build us up for a really big fall. Harold has predicted Oct 21 now...but Comet Elenin is coming then too, and that one may not be far off. Elenin will cause big problems by Sept 25-26-27, almost certain about that......Would it be possible to cause a revolution and have it climax before these dates? I think not.

The very least we need to do now, for those who have woken up, are to try make people more aware of the right to rise up and fight for what they feel is fair...even if we are fighting with flowers and love hearts as our weapons as they did it in the 70's. The facts are we are not seeing the fruits of our labour. I actually got a 7000 dollar pay rise...it's equated to an extra 37.00 a fortnight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Revolution eh? so what if you start a revolution and only 25% agree ? do you tell the other 75% what's good for them ? i doubt you would get the majority to support a revolution (at least for now) Our country was a lot worse of in the 90's and we didn't have a revolution,another thing is guns,the revolutionary types are generally left winger types,who do not own firearms,Firearms owners are usually right of centre,see the problem there?

put it this way,a revolution i do not agree with or want any part of comes down my street ,burning cars and trashing people's property,i will protect my property with lethal force, yes the first revolutionary who steps onto my or my neighbours property will get both barrels,

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I'm confused.

You're calling for a revolution but then say other revolutions this year could be a distraction.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

Agreed with everything you've said. Minus the fact that it has to be violent. Average population age has a lot to do with it too. These revolutions are started by young people.

Why cant we all have a peaceful revolution? I understand that it wont work....but do we just give up and swallow it. The human race has been doing it for thousands of years, I guess we should be used to it now....I'm just personally sick of it...I work so hard, my partner does the right thing and stay at home to parent our children. We are being punished for having children AND for working hard and earning a pay rise. The reward I got was so deflating.

It reminds me of that 1977 Vrillon Alien radio hijacking incident, he says "They will suck your energy from you, that which you call money, and give you worthless dross in return"

It just sucks....and only very few are noticing and even less want to do something about it even though it is so obvious what is happening.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

put it this way,a revolution i do not agree with or want any part of comes down my street ,burning cars and trashing people's property,i will protect my property with lethal force, yes the first revolutionary who steps onto my or my neighbours property will get both barrels,

Why does everyone associate revolutions with violence??

Was the industrial revolution violent?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I'm confused.

You're calling for a revolution but then say other revolutions this year could be a distraction.

Yeh, well it's a tough one. We've left it too late really if this Elenin thing is real. But at least we could rise up and show we are the people. We deserve to be heard. We should be MAKING them listen to us. No radical violence....something else.

I'm just saying we can't get carried away and so focused on our own events....you know, like a Master illusionist...making you look at the left hand...while the right is taking your wallet.

But yes, Elenin worries me.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by proph3t777
I have said this for a very long time.

Unfortunately Australians are way to apathetic and cruisey to take action...or to even notice what is going on. All I know is that the cost of living is spinning out of control, and the government continues to sell every asset they (ie. we) own. The prices increase further to line the pockets of shareholders of those assets! Why do a companies own out water system? Our electrical system? Our sewage service? Our roads? Our rubbish collection...then all these are contracted back to the government with profit attached. Our government has lost touch of the simplest of services they are meant to provide their people...and we wonder why they cant handle bigger issues like the health care system or education, or heaven forbid the budget in general. some call this Capitalism at its finest, but screw my water, power, rates, bills increasing 10-20% each year even though I've moved to solar power and tank water! When does it end? I read recently that the Sunshine Coast, Queensland where I am is the 2nd most expensive city in the world to live behind Tokyo, based on income to cost of living ratio. Are you kidding me? Is this what Australia has become. We are simple people wanting to live a simple clean life, but our government has screwed us over big time, now young families cant afford rent, let alone a mortgage. Big companies and the rich rule this place, and the government.

We are the frog in the slowly heating frypan. One day we'll wake up cooked.

Forget the ruddy football, forget surfing for 5 minutes and Viva la revolution Australia!!

wisest words I've read from a fellow Aussie here. Couldn't agree more. We live in a country where people still think Bryan was responsible for PA & where the talking heads are still blabbing about 'boat people' as if we ever cared in the first place. I know many Australians who still think money comes from the government. Many people hadn't heard that Julia wanted to let BP drill off the coast of the great Australian bite & many don't realize they sold our gold stock. Basically the way I see it we're just as screwed as anyone else & we're being attacked by the same template of crap that has ruined America only we're too obvious & naive to realize it.

-Bob

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
When Aussies finally wake up and realize we dont own our country anymore only then will a revolution be possible,untill then its "She'll be right mate"

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew
Australia could start by kicking all the immigrants out and actually create jobs that Aussies can do without being ripped off by Indians who are prepared to work for nothing. We could also ban Muslim and Islam religions. also tax those groups double and half the tax of normal Australians. Bring back the convict nation of caucasians. Shane Warne for PM.

Banning religions & rascism. You suck.

-Bob

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Well you're right but in speaking of the recent revolutions in the mid east and Africa only 3 have not resulted in a death (so far).

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Mate....can you wait until after the footy season?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I think this needs to be said, I honestly don't think Australians have the guts to start a revolution, this includes people here calling for it.

As I said in my first reply to the OP, many protests and revolutions this year were started by people self-immolating.

Don't know what self-immolation is? This should paint the picture for you:

Self-immolation was documented in Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, Morocco and Iraq.

So, is it so bad in Australia that you'd become a martyr to start a cause?

I'll keep an eye out on the news for those that say yes.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I think this needs to be said, I honestly don't think Australians have the guts to start a revolution, this includes people here calling for it.

Self-immolation was documented in Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, Morocco and Iraq.

So, is it so bad in Australia that you'd become a martyr to start a cause?

I'll keep an eye out on the news for those that say yes.

so then it would seem that we need a massive shift in attitude in this country first...wouldn't that be a revolutionary event in itself?

also I don't think we'd see self immolating here - there's no cultural or historical precursor for it here, nor is it the only way.

That said I have to agree that things are not yet bad enough here for that sort of thing either.

how about a pre-emptive revolution then? one that gets the job done without calling for violence? why do we have to wait until something happens THEN react to it... it seems that sort of thing happens a lot in this country...

-Bob
edit on 25/5/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Mate....can you wait until after the footy season?

Hahaha...Mate, this thing aint waiting for no-one, its seemingly caused Chile earthquake, Canterbury (2010) and Japan earthquakes (No matter what is being said, this thing clearly aligns with Earth and Sun on those dates...and will do so in Sept on those dates given. Japan will be a walk in the park compared to what may happen.

But, I'll hope it doesn't IF you're not a Collingwood supporter

Yes, A major shift in consciousness is required.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join