It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apache Helicopters Over New York City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Today I was walking down Park Avenue and I heard a helicopter. I looked up because I like helicopters and it was a heavily armed Apache helicopter and just as soon as it passed another follows directly behind it. Does anyone know if this is normal?? I have lived here for 15 years and have NEVER seen military aircraft directly over Manhattan.

Does anyone know about something that would have called for this?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Is there a large creature in the bay?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Haha!! It's funny you say that because I thought the same thing. It was creepy because they had missiles on the wings next to the hellfire cannons. They were hauling too.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I saw them over the bronx too. Just above the buildings. Couldn't have been more then 20 - 30 stories off the ground.
edit on 24-5-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

They were checking to see that nobody was smoking in the park or on the beach.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This is not the first time according to this tweet from last year:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/717002698cfb.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 5/24/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Easier to fly them to another base then to take the surface roads.

Every once in a while there's a small group of Pavelows that will fly over head in my area, then make a return trip later that day. Sometimes a couple of times.

Could be anything from exercises to equipment movement. (I assume they wouldn't pack a helicopter into a tractor trailer, but I could be wrong)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

They were at a really low altitude when I saw them too. I saw them around 430 pm ET. I thought they might be filming a movie but generally the mayors office will make some statement advising not to be concerned about low flying aircraft over manhattan and when they film things like that there are usually multiple passes from the aircraft to get the take.

So strange...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
We had a military cargo chopper fly over northern Ohio a few days back. We dont see those too often in my neck of the woods

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I know theres Marine intelligence officers in Manhattan.
I thought it was just for the hacking events going on.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

They were at a really low altitude when I saw them too. I saw them around 430 pm ET. I thought they might be filming a movie but generally the mayors office will make some statement advising not to be concerned about low flying aircraft over manhattan and when they film things like that there are usually multiple passes from the aircraft to get the take.

So strange...

I saw them at approx. 4:10 - 4:15

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Apaches used to fly over my house at noon everyday...

That was 2005... at 12pm EST 3 Apaches and 1 Huey would fly over... you could set your watch by them...

I lived at Buckhorn, Kentucky then... There was a Rock Core Dam about 3 miles from my place... but that's unrelated I do believe... they flew opposite direction from the Dam...

But oddly they always flew over in the same spot... always flew right above the tree line... heading in the same direction... you could draw a line and they would follow it...

Also they flew back about 3-4 hours later and it would always be the same direction/line as well

it happened from Late Spring to Mid Summer.... around 2 months...

Always thought that was odd...

To the best of my knowledge no Apache's were stationed anywhere near where I lived...

edit on 5/24/11 by EvolEric because: Gremlins

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have seen them a few times over where I live in the UK. They usually fly in 2's, and yes, they are always armed! I suspect they are either training, moving between bases or on their way to an airshow.

I am pretty sure that if they were out to do you harm, you would see APC's long before the gunships arrive...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I work right smack in the middle of Times Square. Was walking from my office to the Port Authority Bus Terminal about a week ago and looked up because i heard a helicopter that sounded different to me. (We're used to hearing traffic choppers, tourist helicopters, and executive whirly birds in NYC all the time).

But this sounded "quiet"... stealthy if you will. sure enough, when i was finally able to decipher where it was coming from and get a visual, low and behold, it was a low flying (under 1000 feet) black chopper just hovering around 44th and Broadway.

Def. caught my attention, but didn't think much of it at the time.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AJ1123TKE
I work right smack in the middle of Times Square. Was walking from my office to the Port Authority Bus Terminal about a week ago and looked up because i heard a helicopter that sounded different to me. (We're used to hearing traffic choppers, tourist helicopters, and executive whirly birds in NYC all the time).

But this sounded "quiet"... stealthy if you will. sure enough, when i was finally able to decipher where it was coming from and get a visual, low and behold, it was a low flying (under 1000 feet) black chopper just hovering around 44th and Broadway.

Def. caught my attention, but didn't think much of it at the time.

No disrespect to the OP but black helicopters are far more exciting than Hughes Apaches. I have never seen an unmarked helicopter, I would be slightly worried and very intrigued if I did,

Lynx, Apaches and Chinooks? Normal, sorry guys.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Guess you should get ready for more.
www.jaunted.com...

3. Sunday, May 29, 11-11:30 am.
U.S. Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal Helo Demo at Homeport Pier, Staten Island, NY. If you can make it to SI, the words "explosive" and "helo" (as in helicopter) should be enough to get you excited.

top topics

join