It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African shaman performs actual levitation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Holy bejesus...witness thy miracle..from heaven to earth........

I can find more videos but this seems as authentic as you can get man. I heard of levitation and the hutchinson effect but doing it in public takes the cake. It seems the shaman was in a ritual trance, with hordes of belief transfered to energy.

I think, therefore I am?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Fascinating.
I would like more information about this.
Are there any articles by the original film crew?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I'm gonna say I really don't like the fact that I don't have a view of everything above him.

I'm inclined to believe in all sorts of possible weirdness, but this just appears to involve a harness or something similar with the stability of his core and movement of his legs...it seems like the same kind of thing I do when I'm picked up by something I don't trust. $0.02
edit on 5/24/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Filmed in the dark against the dark background and he is having problems maintaining his balance while being lifted from behind. African Shaman, the original confidence game.
Thanks for the chuckle.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Apparently there is a thread from 2007 on this
African shaman performing levitation, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
He learned it from Chris Angel.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wow, I have never seen something like this.

Going on the assumption that this wasn't faked, as the French documenters would have surely noticed (and if anyone has any ideas as to how it might have been, go for it), then how was it accomplished?

I think the potential of the human mind is greatly underrated.

It was as if he changed the very nature of the matter he (the shaman) was composed of.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

"I" has no where near the power or capabilities that "you" have.
edit on 24-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Filmed in the dark against the dark background and he is having problems maintaining his balance while being lifted from behind. African Shaman, the original confidence game.
Thanks for the chuckle.

Lifted by what? The guy is in a ritual trance probably changing his frequency and manipulating space/time around him to repel him off the ground. How do magnets work? Either they attract or they repel energy, the same way the human body can manipulate energy.

Just my opinion as I am far from an expert in this field. I do find this stuff fascinating though!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately, in cases involving human feats of "magic", one really does have to see it to believe it.
(ie in person, and not via a poorly lit video from really shady angles.)

Until that day comes... I don't buy it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I like the real life phony special effects better than CGI! I mean, really? There are more things in heaven & earth and all, but poor quality video with a dark background and no possible way to view the potential pulley system above or from the sides? Not exactly compelling. Enough for the naive folks who NEED to believe perhaps, but for rational minded folks? Not so much. And why would the euro filmmakers not cry foul? moneymoneymoney....Money!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

I'm gonna say I really don't like the fact that I don't have a view of everything above him.

I'm inclined to believe in all sorts of possible weirdness, but this just appears to involve a harness or something similar with the stability of his core and movement of his legs...it seems like the same kind of thing I do when I'm picked up by something I don't trust. $0.02
edit on 5/24/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

What harness? Here is FAKE ONE from india of all places:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Nigerian floating shaman scam?
How does this one work?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
Fascinating.
I would like more information about this.
Are there any articles by the original film crew?

All I know it was german film crew; it says so at youtube!

I am going to look into this more tomorrow for sure.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Look at it without wanting it to be true. If you cant see that he is struggling with the illusion, I don't know what else to say. Shaman were the first government leaders and the first confidence men all at the same time. Seems they are still around.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

i think chris angel should make it evident enough that a video alone is just not enough ( to be real ), esp of that quality haha
edit on 5/24/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Mod Note:

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on 25-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
In the book "Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East" is chronicled a westerner's experiences in India, and he indeed sees Indian adepts crossing a stream in levitation.
I read in a book, I'm thinking Pole Shift maybe, that Atlanteans knew of and utilized certain magnetic lines of force along grids on the earth, and I believe it said that indications of the magnetic pole shift are recorded in the earth.Very interesting stuff.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Hey friend, sorry for lack of clarity.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a vest under his outfit with connections for small cables on either side in the back to lift him from above. Depending on connections, would stabilize his center while his legs get that kind of 'slight frantic' movement that I don't think you'd have trying to balance yourself if you trusted whatever was lifting you.

Take care - and nice video BTW. Hoaxers make me teh angry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join