It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Forum Question?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Ok, so here's my question. I don't post a lot and my points are accumulating painfully slow. So, when I get enough points, do you think it's worth putting them all on buying access to the Secret Forum? Yes or No? I'll go with the general opinion on this one

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It depends on your expectations really.

You might like/love it or you may not.

Tell us what you expect to find there and then we can offer you a more accurate advisory.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
For the most part it really is a place to have conversations shielded from search engines. That's about it. There are some posts which are place in RATS for the sake of the author's ego I think; but most are strictly there for shielding from search engines. Read into that what you will.

As far as the speculation about whether classified information is discussed there, how does anyone know whether or not the NSA, CIA, DIA, FBI, DOJ, whomever else has people on this site with enough points to obtain RATS access? With that in mind, it's fairly safe to expect that you're not going to see a proliferation of secrets in RATS.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Most of the stuff that goes on in RATS isn't all too top secret.

The biggest thread in there right now is a roll call thread, where everyone is just saying they have access to the forum.

[edit on 8/4/2004 by lockheed]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If you want to make more points "Which is not the aim of the site" join a reaserch group or post news submissions take a look at the guide lines On how to make a news post here is the guide to the points its in FAQ at the top.
But at least you can say you earned your points the right way and not making posts just for the sake or earning points. As for abovetopsecret id say its worth haveing it just for the sure sake of there some intresting stuff in there and not so intresting is just a matter of tase is what I found.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
If you want to make more points "Which is not the aim of the site" join a reaserch group or post news submissions take a look at the guide lines On how to make a news post here is the guide to the points its in FAQ at the top.
But at least you can say you earned your points the right way and not making posts just for the sake or earning points. As for abovetopsecret id say its worth haveing it just for the sure sake of there some intresting stuff in there and not so intresting is just a matter of tase is what I found.

I'm not here to "make points", if you get my point. That's why I have so few, despite the fact that I've been a member for quite some time
The problem is I want to join the Political Mudpit and possibly the Secret Forum, and that's why I'm asking if my points are worth saving for that.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I know I couldn't wait until getting enough points for RATS when I first came on. I was thinking along the lines of some seriously cool happenings in there...

I was wrong.

Granted, there are more serious overtones on RATS, but there have been too many threads bashing other members... but, as I am sure you may have seen by now, RATS is being geared to become what it was origionally intended... serious discussion without one-liners or comments by members just there to make comments (the belief being that having to pay the points will make one considerate).

RATS is what it is... but truth be told... not too many people post there. We see a red colored title on recent posts to show the RATS threads, and more often then not, there aren't any.

As far as the Mud Pit goes...

I had posts in that group from months past, and recently went back to review some things, only to find out I was denied access. That's when I discovered that I needed to buy the Mud Pit pass in order to see my past posts... which was rather screwy, since I obviously have been there before, but okay...

Is RATS worth it? Eventually, it will be, should be, but right now? It is a work in progress.

Is Mud Pit worth it? That is up for debate.

But I understand your concerns. I've been a member for... geez... a while now, and I don't have the same point levels as some more recent members. Does it bother me? Hell no... Quality of the posts out weighs the quantity. The only reason I like the points is so I can have more download space... there's just something annoying about reading a thread with enclosed picture, only to be replaced by a little tiny square with a red x in it...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Mudpit first, err uhh i mean
access the restricted political debate forum first (former mudpit...VIVA LE MuDPIT)

I just recently bought my way into the Secret forum, i was not very excited, seems like its slow and not as exciting as the PIT is

but even the PIT has suffered from the curtailing of free speech...uumm ahhh..i mean the crackdown on abusive personal attacks..
i think its gotten both tame and is getting less posts as well.

Spend your points up, you can always get more.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Rats is alright if you HAVE to have it. Tonight in an intro we were disussing why I was at work at 2 am. There are some threads that meet the criteria of Rats though. I'd go with the Mudpit as your first choice. More action.

top topics

join